Temple of the Jedi Order on Jedi Realist Radio

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301947 by
At Jedi Realist Radio we are hoping to work on a community outreach program. I would like to do a offical TOTJO theme episode Where we can get 3 to 5 totjo members on the air to talk about the totjo program and what it has to offer. It would be nice to have Brother John in on this, 1 or 2 Knights (I would prefer to see Reacher the newest TOTJO Knight on it) a apprentice or two and a regular person who posts to totjo as a way of socializing but not committed to the the TOTJO program per say. If we have more then great but honestly I would not want to go more then 7 just because yes if you add too much you may ruin the soup.

On the episode I would like to discuss the IP program, a bit about the Knighting process and of course the religious aspect of TOTJO since in truth that was what you are best known for. If this episode is successful I would love to see a regular TOTJO program on Jedi Realist Radio like a episode every 2 to 3 months or so.

John odds are I will be calling you sometime Thursday or Friday to start setting this up. Reacher I will also be reaching (LOL no pun intended) out to you as well. Roz from a religion aspect I would like to have you on as well. But you 3 are my wish list but I will be more then happy to welcome any other TOTJO member who is willing to do the episode. I am sure this topic will be discussed in the council area. But if yinz have any questions please let me know. If you live in the United States there is a simple call in number that you can use. If you live outside the US I can pull you in using the skype program.

I am hoping to get Adam from the Jedi Realist Radio show Knights of the Round Table also a TOTJO member to take the lead on this episode but if timing does not work out then I will do it. I do not have a set date in mind but I would like to do it on a Sunday in Oct somewhere between 5pm and 9pm eastern standard time.

Thank you for reading this post and if you are interested please post here or send me a private message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301948 by Lykeios Little Raven
I'd be willing to do the program. I could be the one person who uses TOTJO to "socialize" but is no longer committed to its learning scheme. (I was an apprentice for a bit, but no longer.) I could have a sort of interesting perspective as someone who was committed to the advancement/education plan but who is not anymore.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #301960 by Kobos
Im down to do this if others approve of me doing so. I can only speak to myself and my experience so I would let others judge the worth of that as a general thing the public will see. Just keep me posted on what is going on!

Much Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 6 months ago #301964 by Carlos.Martinez3
Hmmm may i help?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 6 months ago #301980 by Albali Cometlast
Really nice idea, not sure how can I help from Colombia but if I can do anything just tell me. I will be really glad to help and show that this is a temple for everyone around the world.

More
6 years 6 months ago #302057 by Rosalyn J
It may not pan out for me. I have such poor luck with Technology as of late. Would one of the other clergy be ok?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302059 by
Roz
LOL if you can make a phone call you have all the tech skills you need!

But yes as long as it is a clergy member from here I am great with that. Preferred American, the only reason why I say preferred is it is easier to make a phone call then deal with skype invites but that can be done easy enough.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302060 by
so how do people feel about Sunday October 29th 8pm eastern time?

This gives anyone who want to be part plenty of time to plan to attend.

Also if you are calling in we would prefer you to have a head set for your phone, even a cheap $3 one from the Walmart check out stand works great. It does help to eliminate back ground noice. Also when not talking we ask that you mute your phone again to keep out back ground noise. The only other thing is no naughty words and things of that nature.

This will be a TOTJO promotion episode! Even with that in mind there still may be a caller or two who does not like TOTJO who may call in with comments or questions. My rule to that is be respectful for all parties. Just because it is a totjo promotional episode that does not mean it will be just a puff piece.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302061 by
Areas I would like to cover.

1. Core Values

2. Briefly on the IP program

3. Knighting process

4. The Clergy program. In truth I would prefer to spend a bulk of the topic on this area since that is what TOTJO seems to have a stronger focus on.

The episode will be 2 hours and we will take callers with questions. for the last hour or perhaps only 30 minutes.

Again I am thinking Oct 29 at 8:00pm Eastern Time this way yinz have a month to make the needed arrangements. If you are in the US it is a simple phone call. If you are out of the US we can bring you over your computer but we will need emal addresses to send you the invites.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302066 by
This sounds fun.