Whats with the Wookies?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #233474 by Carlos.Martinez3
In my studies I often wonder. One of many is what do Wookies do when they are at home in planet. How did they live? Some thing about them interested Master Yoda enough to frequent and maintain "good relations" what kinda people were they? Their back story. I seen some where here a wookies light sabers. Gorgeous! Wood handle. Out of curiosity and pure enjoyment I ask friends of a Jedi nature . Please indulge and enlighten me?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #233477 by
Replied by on topic Whats with the Wookies?
Depends on the source material.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #233482 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Whats with the Wookies?
What are they like a cross between a bear and a human or something?

They probably do what we all seem to do. deal with instinctual drives competing against each for attention in maintaining their individual 'conscious' experience of self identity (internal competition)... and doing so in a social structure with all its types of relationships (external competition), and using that experience of wookieness to communicate about those wookie things in wookie ways.

Maybe just a closer relationship to nature because they might have crazy sensitive smell which might dominate the way they perceive the world.... perhaps having evolved into a more tangible symbiosis with seasonal changes in their environment. So a human like social structure but a bear like group of behaviors.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #233500 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Whats with the Wookies?
HEY! We are a strong, noble people with a rich and diverse culture. :angry:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #233501 by
Probably a fair bit of time grooming one another.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #233532 by Carlos.Martinez3
That's kinda hard to look at lol

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #233560 by
Hair Monsters From Space! I like to think of them kind of like Vikings. Big, hairy, brutal warriors with a rich mythology and a connection to nature. And I'll bet they fed on Ewoks too.

I always wondered why Chewy never said anything about knowing Yoda when Luke and Obi Wan were first training on the Falcon. Like, "Hey, I know a Jedi! Little green dude who kicks ass with a lightsaber." He apparently never told Han Solo about it either because Han acts like the Force is a bunch of BS. I imagine that Chewy would have said "hey, dumbass, it's real. I've seen it. My buddy Yoda is a Jedi Master. I watched him lop off a couple heads during the clone wars back home."

And Luke never mentions Chewbacca to Yoda either. It seems like Luke might have mentioned the crazy exploits on the Millennium Falcon and meeting a 7 foot tall angry Wookie for the first time. And maybe Yoda would have said "I know that Wookie!" But, nope.

I guess its a lesson in how to screw up continuity while writing prequels. Way to go, George.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #233564 by Carlos.Martinez3

Senan wrote: Hair Monsters From Space! I like to think of them kind of like Vikings. Big, hairy, brutal warriors with a rich mythology and a connection to nature. And I'll bet they fed on Ewoks too.

I always wondered why Chewy never said anything about knowing Yoda when Luke and Obi Wan were first training on the Falcon. Like, "Hey, I know a Jedi! Little green dude who kicks ass with a lightsaber." He apparently never told Han Solo about it either because Han acts like the Force is a bunch of BS. I imagine that Chewy would have said "hey, dumbass, it's real. I've seen it. My buddy Yoda is a Jedi Master. I watched him lop off a couple heads during the clone wars back home."

And Luke never mentions Chewbacca to Yoda either. It seems like Luke might have mentioned the crazy exploits on the Millennium Falcon and meeting a 7 foot tall angry Wookie for the first time. And maybe Yoda would have said "I know that Wookie!" But, nope.

I guess its a lesson in how to screw up continuity while writing prequels. Way to go, George.

They don't speak any other language than wookie hu...

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 weeks ago #233567 by
Whatever they are, they're clearly not important enough to get medals.

Please drive through.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #233573 by Carlos.Martinez3

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Whatever they are, they're clearly not important enough to get medals.

Please drive through.

hmm so recognition was never their thing, Interesting...

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi