Battlefront

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209435 by
Battlefront was created by
Ok, so who has played, or is at least planning on playing, the new Battlefront?!

It is awesome!

My favorite part so far is probably flying an X-Wing. That and when I did the Hero level on Hoth as Han Solo. Running around killing Stormtroopers while Han mocks them is great! LOL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #209437 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Battlefront
i probably wont have a ps4 until ps7 comes out :-(

but i loved the first two installments
really they were two of my fav shooters because they were fun and pretty well done and you get to play 3rd person which is obviously a better experience than 1st person

i really dont understand why 1st person is so much more common

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209443 by
Replied by on topic Battlefront
So far I've been playing this one in first person because that's the default when not flying or playing a "Hero." I might try switching it over to third person for the next time I play because I do also tend to like that more.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #209444 by
Double post some how look down VVV (Sorry)
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by . Reason: double post

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209445 by
I played a few hours last night. I did the squadron and blast mostly, of course I did them all a few times.

I love the graphics, the gameplay was solid but standard. There's no story, but it's fun to imagine your own. I think it needs a lot more content though. More maps, weapons, and missions. Battlefront 2 had like 10X the content, so really other than the graphics I am not overly impressed. That said...hoping on a speederbike on Endor and the ice caves...I'm not missing my money, hell it even made me feel better about the money I sunk into the Pc that's running it . It's soooo beautiful and pretty fun to play. I just hope EA doesn't milk it to death.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209456 by
I played a few hours last night as well. The graphics and music are amazing. The amount of missions is currently lacking, but they already have many more in the works. They're certainly waiting for the movie to come out before they capitalize on releasing a bunch more content.

The X-Wing training has some awesome dogfights with the TIE Advanced showing up, and tripping AT-ATs with a snow speeder was especially enjoyable. I have to say though, my favorite part so far is Force Choking people with Vader as they try to run away. Very cathartic.

More
8 years 4 months ago #209463 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Battlefront
I played a few hours during beta, graphics was pretty impressive but overall I wasn't impressed enough with the game itself to spend 60 bucks on it. Maybe down the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209465 by
I won't feel back about buy it now instead of Fallout, unless there is GOTY edition and they just bombard us with content before it and I have to spend another 60 to get the whole game even though I pre-ordered the deluxe. I don't blame anyone for waiting. It's worth the money if you are going to play it and are fan, it's not worth the 60 if you aren't going to play it or if you aren't fan of Star Wars.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209545 by
My biggest concern is that they'll release basically a whole other games worth of DLC content as seems to be the standard now with most games. But honestly I'm fine with what's out there now so I probably won't be that bothered if I don't get the DLCs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #209547 by
I am just worried they will release the actual story they took out of it as DLC. I don't care if I don't get all the maps, skins, or whatever. I just don't like EA's practice of developing a whole game, then breaking it, releasing it, and then selling your the parts they took off as extras. It's like buying a new car, but them taking off the the tires and brakes and selling them to you as upgrades.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi