Masters who associate themselves to the Pagan Rite.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #7717 by Jon
As Arch-Bishop of the Pagan Rite I have the jurisdiction of this, although I see myself as a Christian Jedi.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #7862 by
I would not say i am a master of anything, i claim myself her at this place. I claim Taoism, and i do believe that magick works and that there very well could be many deities out there, so here is where i belong.

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8355 by Jon
As Arch-Bishop of the Pagan Rite I am looking for an Auxiliary, as indeed anyone who is willing to assist. You can PM me or answer here. Thank you. MTFBWY

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8447 by
wow, i am the only one who said anything besides you Jon, is there anyone out there? or i should say is there anyone in here besides me and jon, *echooooo, echoo, echo*

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8450 by Jon
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

wow, i am the only one who said anything besides you Jon, is there anyone out there? or i should say is there anyone in here besides me and jon, *echooooo, echoo, echo*

...oh sorry I was cleaning the cob-webs away. lol. We always have the Force!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8452 by
I'm here, but I'm not 100% sure this is where I belong. I believe mostly in Taoism, but there are things in it that I also do not agree with, so my following is something of a mystery, somewhat even to me. I'm not even sure if Taoism fits into this rite. I guess I need to go find a good definition of Pagan, from what I remember it is a believer of multiple gods and goddesses or some other being not associated with the Abrahamic version of one almighty god. Where as Taoism from my understanding doesn't believe in any actual entity, just an energy, similar to the force. The more I think about it, they do make it sound somewhat like an entity of sorts, but mostly I've seen Tao translated to the Path or the Way. Basically saying the virtuous path or virtuous way. Still to me, seemingly something without an actual conscience. Something that from my understanding of Pagan, does not fit together. If you have comments or corrections, or just other views, let me know, maybe you'll convince me this is where I fit, who knows.

DK

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 5 months ago #8454 by Jon
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

I'm here, but I'm not 100% sure this is where I belong. I believe mostly in Taoism, but there are things in it that I also do not agree with, so my following is something of a mystery, somewhat even to me. I'm not even sure if Taoism fits into this rite. I guess I need to go find a good definition of Pagan, from what I remember it is a believer of multiple gods and goddesses or some other being not associated with the Abrahamic version of one almighty god. Where as Taoism from my understanding doesn't believe in any actual entity, just an energy, similar to the force. The more I think about it, they do make it sound somewhat like an entity of sorts, but mostly I've seen Tao translated to the Path or the Way. Basically saying the virtuous path or virtuous way. Still to me, seemingly something without an actual conscience. Something that from my understanding of Pagan, does not fit together. If you have comments or corrections, or just other views, let me know, maybe you'll convince me this is where I fit, who knows.

DK

Paganism is so vague in its meaning that it is difficult to pin-point what this includes...

\"Paganism (from Latin paganus, meaning \"an old country dweller, rustic\") is a term which, from a Western perspective, has come to connote a broad set of spiritual or cultic practices or beliefs of any folk religion, and of historical and contemporary polytheistic religions in particular.

The term can be defined broadly, to encompass the faith traditions outside the Abrahamic monotheistic group of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. The group so defined includes the Indian religions (such as Hinduism, Jainism), Native American religions and mythologies and Shinto as well as non-Abrahamic ethnic religions in general. More narrow definitions will not include any of the world religions and restrict the term to local or rural currents not organized as civil religions. Characteristic of Pagan traditions is the absence of proselytism, and the presence of a living mythology which explains religious practice.[1]

The term \"pagan\" is a Christian adaptation of the \"gentile\" of Judaism, and as such has an inherent Christian or Abrahamic bias, and pejorative connotations among Westerners,[2] comparable to heathen, and infidel, mushrik and kafir (كافر) in Islam. For this reason, ethnologists avoid the term \"paganism,\" with its uncertain and varied meanings, in referring to traditional or historic faiths, preferring more precise categories such as polytheism, shamanism, pantheism, or animism.\"
-Wikepedia

In the sense that Taoism does not belong to the Abrahamic faiths, its ritualistic aspects and its being a part of folk religion for over 2000 years, it certainly could be included in Paganism.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8506 by
Not only that but if you delve into some of the history of taoism most of the chinese herbal medicine is taoist and there are magickal practises in Taoism itself so in that aspect it belong here as well. I believe very much that you are in the right place. better then some, as good as any.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #11326 by
now i would not call myself a master but i feel at home in the pagan rite. i believe pagan and jedi share so much of the same beliefs. for 1 rule of a witch harm no one same goes with a jedi. god i love this stuff. lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 month ago #11350 by
LOL, yeah, we have a Pagan rite role call thread too. Harm none does not involve witch craft, mostly only Wicca and a few other beliefs. Witch's can be good bad or neautral. You can be a Satanic Witch, a Demonolatry Witch, a Chaotic Witch, Wiccan, or you can classify yourself as just plain out Witch. You can also attempt to view witchcraft threw the eyes of Jediism and Claim yourself a Jedi Witch or Force Witch :D it all depends on the individual and the title that most suites you.

Also you can be a Sith Witch, depending on what you believe.

MTFWY

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi