Shamanism's First Journey

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18286 by
Shamanism's First Journey was created by
This is taken from a book a shaman I met at a pow wow a long time ago recommended to me for my shaman journey.

The First Journey

This is a journey thru the lowerworld, your only mission is just to traverse the tunnel to see what lies beyond and return. Make sure you understand the instructions before you begin. It also helps to perform this with another person to help you return.

You will need a drum to help concentrate on your meditation. I found a cd of shamanic meditation drumming.
It is important you are calm and relaxed. Avoid any type of drugs and alcohol at least 24 hours in advance. Eat very lightly during the day and try to not eat anything at least 6 hours before attempting the journey.

Try to wear loose clothing and no shoes, lay on the floor flat on your back. If you can try and not use a pillow, If you must use one, make sure it is a small one that is very firm.

What I found also helps is to burn incense and a candle, that should be your only light in the room. Eyes closed (you can wear those sleeping masks if you still see light), try to visualize an opening in the earth. One you might have seen today, last week, so forth. This is your entrance to the lowerworld. Remember the right opening is one that feels right to you.

Once you have the visualization in your mind, start the music. The drumming is your key to help you on the journey. This should only last 10 minutes if done correctly also.

During your journey, try to get in all the details and make a journal of them. Some of the places you visit with your spirit are truly amazing. I will try and get the actual cd information soon as I can though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 8 months ago #18287 by
Replied by on topic Re:Shamanism's First Journey
I'll start, my first journey was a bit scary. I did it alone and wasnt sure if I actually did come out of it. Doing it alone is usually done by a experienced shaman.

Anyways, as I saw my body laying on the floor, I went to the hole I remembered which was a cave back home. What I saw was amazing in the spirit world, I could see the rock formations actually forming.

Hear water dripping off the ceiling. I could sense the insects and bats that lived in the cave. But what was really amazing was I could almost feel past people that lived in the cave.

This is where my journey ended, I had many more but not no where as intense as that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 7 months ago #18448 by
Replied by on topic Re:Shamanism's First Journey
Wow, that sounds really intense!
Thanks for sharing the Journey and you experience with us :)
MTFBWY-A,
Christina

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi