newly returned to website since 2009 - What happens now?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149776 by
greetings,
I was a member of this site in 2009. I remember being active till around 2010.

I am wondering if I get to continue where I left off or if I have to start over again?

It seems some of the curriculum has changed. Where do I find the new material?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149780 by Ben
Hello Baru. Welcome back :)

The outline for the Initiates Programme can be found here , but I'd suggest reading through the FAQs first as everything is explained properly there.

I can see from your journal that you have indeed completed bits and bobs of the Initiates Programme in the past. I would suggest that it is up to you to have a look at the current syllabus and see which bits of work meet the requirements currently in place. If there are any specific bits of work that you are unsure about feel free to ask any Knight or Master to have a look over it for you. :)

Anyway, it's good to meet you and I hope that you will enjoy being back here with us.

-V

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Ben.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149782 by
V got there just before me lol, yes you have done some of the things that are in the current IP: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals/26944-baru-s-journalized-journey?start=40#27079

If you wish to formally join again then you will need to contact Jestor so he can sort out your applicaiton and oath, unless you have not made one in which case you will need to sort that out.

You may wish to refresh your training, in fact a training master interested in training you would probably insist since it has been five years since you began... so in all honesty I would say begin at the beginning. I did when I returned after a year and a half.

Welcome back :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149783 by
It seems as if your question was answered - I just wanted to say welcome back! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149787 by
Welcome back.

While you were away you may have also gained new insights into things you had already written and may want to expand on that. Sometimes the reflection on our work and time give us new insights. I know I reflect on my old lessons quite often.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 10 months ago #149791 by RyuJin
While most may not know you or recognize your name due to the passage of time, I do remember you, it certainly has been a long time. Welcome back, it would definitely be good to go over the old stuff you completed and see if your perspective has changed on any of them. A little review never hurts.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #149799 by
Hay im new but welcome back as well : ) what now ?????? well now you have to tell us what you have been doing for 5 years lol should take hummmmmmm 5 years hahah : ) MTFBWY

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 10 months ago #149816 by Jestor
Hello Baru...

We exchanged some posts, if I remember right, back in 2010...

I joined January 2010, and if I remember right, you stopped around March or April that year...

Good to see your return, and I would suggest resubmitting an application and Oath as some things are gone, misplaced, or simply invalid/unverified...

We have put better checks and balance systems in place...

Any questions, of course, please PM me as was suggested...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #149826 by
Thank you all for the quick response and suggestions. Since there has been so many changes and time has passed. What I read is that you suggest that I start over.

Since I was a way, I created my own Jedi martial order called: ColoradoJediOrder.org. I created my own summer camps and training programs for other Jedi enthusiasts.

I am now working for a spiritual organization that provides teachings that are in alignment with Jediism. The goal of this organization is the spiritual regeneration of humanity. It also just so happens that a Jedi organization called: instituteforjedirealiststudies.org might be hosting an event at my new organization.

I am happy to start over because the spiritual work is lacking in most aspects of life and its fun to revisit. I re-read my journal and noticed that most things have stayed the same and developed further in depth. there are a few things I would like the statement I made about "faith".

I would be interested in talking to someone about organizing a Jedi event that focused on spirituality at my new location. Might TOTJO be interested in assisting me in organizing or participating in such an event? Who would I talk to about taking part in such an event. The focus of the event would be the spiritual practice and practical application of "jediism" in a person's daily life.

I will look for the new application.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Jestor.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 10 months ago #149831 by Jestor

baru wrote: Since I was a way, I created my own Jedi martial order called: ColoradoJediOrder.org. I created my own summer camps and training programs for other Jedi enthusiasts.

Congratulations on that!

I am now working for a spiritual organization that provides teachings that are in alignment with Jediism. The goal of this organization is the spiritual regeneration of humanity. It also just so happens that a Jedi organization called: instituteforjedirealiststudies.org might be hosting an event at my new organization.

Quite a few of us are aware of IJRS, as I belong there as well, and Connor/RiddleNox, who is on staff over there, is/was an apprentice here at TOTJO...

I am happy to start over because the spiritual work is lacking in most aspects of life and its fun to revisit. I re-read my journal and noticed that most things have stayed the same and developed further in depth. there are a few things I would like the statement I made about "faith".

Many squawk at having to start over, lol...

Feeling themselves having already learned what our basic lessons have to offer...

:S

Oh well, I love the chance to go back over my basic points of view, as if I have developed a flaw in one of my core ideas, and I still support it, then I am on shaky ground indeed! :silly: :lol:

I would be interested in talking to someone about organizing a Jedi event that focused on spirituality at my new location. Might TOTJO be interested in assisting me in organizing or participating in such an event? Who would I talk to about taking part in such an event. The focus of the event would be the spiritual practice and practical application of "jediism" in a person's daily life.

Im not sure if you are looking for TOTJO to host/organize an event? Or simply planning a Jedi event, and including Jedi from everywhere...

You already belong to an organization, IJRS, right? Wouldn't they be the first ones you would contact for help like this?

Nothing stops Jedi, TOTJO or not, from getting together, and we have an "offline activities forum" http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Offline-activities where you can talk about a get together and play it up for all you can...

But, a TOTJO sponsored/organized event, well, we sorta like TOTJO folks in charge, as it is a representation of us and our organization... Not that you are not a good guy, :lol:, Im sure you are awesome... Connor, Jax, and everyone else I have talked to over there seem great... But, if it is going to "fly our colors", well, we would like to be pretty involved... If that makes sense..

I will look for the new application.

Here: http://www.templeofthejediorder.org/ordermembership

:)

On a closing note, you may notice that I edited your previous post...

One of our rules is we do not allow links to other sites... So, I left their names, but removed the link part to IJRS....

It is an across the board rule, so as to not show favoritism toward some groups, but not others...

And, the same would go for any advertising for your get together... We ask for no links to your site to advertise it...

BUT, feel free to copy paste your information time/date/location/information from your site to a post here in our offline forum so you dont have to retype it all...

Good Luck! And enjoy your adventure...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Alexandre Orion

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi