Streamin Lessons

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141824 by
Streamin Lessons was created by
I know it's forbidden, but my only free time is at night on a hacked nook next to a light sleeper. My nook, uses CyanogenMod android and as such has no right clicky functions when attempting to listen to the lesson. Therefore I can only see a way to stream them. It's late and I know there is another way, but can't think of it right now. Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #141828 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Streamin Lessons
Click and hold on a link and chose save (the text might be different - depends on your browser)

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
10 years 1 week ago #141844 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Streamin Lessons
If I'm not mistaken, most of the lessons are available in text as well. Or if you hvae the spare money I know you can buy "The Power of Myth" book for your nook (well at least I know I have it on my Kindle)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141857 by
Replied by on topic Streamin Lessons
Thanks for the help! The hold down function only saves the link and the text is in .zip so I can't unpackage. But if I save the files to a laprop and send them via e-mail, I'm hopeful I can download them to the nook. I may look into buying the book any with though, I like collecting books :-)

More
10 years 1 week ago #141858 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Streamin Lessons
I love books! Although I prefer physical books to the e readers, the readers are a lot easier to deploy with haha (at least until you decide to use your pack as a pillow and break it right before the hop over the Atlantic. .. LOL)

More
10 years 1 week ago #141859 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Streamin Lessons
Let me know if you can't find a laptop to use after a while, I'd be more than happy to help out...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141860 by
Kamizu - I know! Something about the physical book is special. Like a piece of the author or it's message is physically there. You have my sympathy for your tablet.

Zenchi - thanks! That means a lot. We have a family laptop, and I have arranged an hour's use on it today, so I'm hoping this idea works. If so I'll just download them all at once.

Has the group considered uploading the videos to YouTube? It would use thier bandwidth instead and if there are enough clicks on it youtube pays the uploader for its popularity. Plus you could link the temple to it and get more publicity, although I'm not sure how beneficial that would be.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #141862 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:Streamin Lessons
The smell, the ink on your fingers lol. Many of my books I have both physical and digital lol. Easier to share physical books.

Thanks for your sympathy LOL. my poor Kindle. Had to get a *shudder* iPad to replace it while I was deployed. .. XD can't ship those kinds of batteries so I was sick withwhat the camp had to offer lol

As far as the videos, we do not own them, although you can find them on YouTube. I don't know that ALL of them are there but I've found the ones I looked for.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by Kit.

More
10 years 1 week ago #141864 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Streamin Lessons
If you are running CM android... you should be able to extract simply using B-1 Archives or any other similar application - there are tons out there.

And all of IP (video lessons...) is available on youtube, just search the title :)

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 week ago #141888 by
Excellent! Thank you MCSH. I actually extracted them already on my pc and e-mailed them to myself but will try using B-1 Archives in the future. I'm always timid downloading apps to CM since the build I have has a few strange quirks already, primarily since I'm running it on an SD card. Still, it is far better than the Nook interface. I'll search You tube with the exact titles tonight. Last night I just got a bunch of mis-matched videos from different sources that really didn't sound like a lesson. Also, the sound files are too big to email just in case anyone else wants to try it that way. ultimately, I'll probably end up reading the text version instead and you tubing the unavailable texts. My co-sleepers sometimes wake up if the volume is a titch too loud.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi