Does the Force, LORD?

More
2 years 11 months ago #359677 by Carlos.Martinez3
Being Pastor, I get some good questions. One of the better questions is a discussion that goes like this...

When describing the Force, in Modern day Jedi terms, WE EACH have a definition of the active Force or the Living Force present. It's what is in our pot that we actively describe. Our interactions and balance of it is what makes the balance we have presently. This Force that is ours, regardless of where we get our focus from, does the Force ever LORD over things in real life?

Does the Force Lord over anything?

Dictionary definition :someone or something having power, authority, or influence; a master or ruler.

In the Modern Jedi world, does the Force Lord?

What makes it different than everything else out there?
Is it the way WE display and describe it?
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #359688 by Wescli Wardest
Does the Force Lord over anything?

I have described the Force as the will of God before. But that is an oversimplification. Not that it is not, but how we understand it is an oversimplification. For something to create us, the universe and all that’s in it then it must be something beyond our comprehension. We can only understand that which lies in our realm of understanding. I know, some people are very smart and they can understand anything. And there is no point in you reading any further because you already have all the answers and know it all. Good luck.

Rather than trying to understand that which I know I cannot, I look to understand the noticeable influences in our lives. Things that I can witness. Things I can observe, study and wrap my tiny brain around.

Ben Kenobi: “Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through him.” Luke Skywalker: “You mean it controls your actions?” Kenobi: “Partially, but it also obeys your commands.”

Many people might argue that the Force is good and that there is a dark side to it. I say bah-humbug to that. The Force is. What we do with that is a direct reflection on us. Not the Force. Christians pray, Witches work spells and Mediums have abilities.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, River

More
2 years 11 months ago #359689 by Alexandre Orion

The great Tao flows everywhere.
All things are born from it,
yet it doesn't create them.
It pours itself into its work,
yet it makes no claim.
It nourishes infinite worlds,
yet it doesn't hold on to them.
Since it is merged with all things
and hidden in their hearts,
it can be called humble.
Since all things vanish into it
and it alone endures,
it can be called great.
It isn't aware of its greatness;
thus it is truly great.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, River

More
2 years 11 months ago #359690 by Carlos.Martinez3

Wescli Wardest wrote: Does the Force Lord over anything?

I have described the Force as the will of God before. But that is an oversimplification. Not that it is not, but how we understand it is an oversimplification. For something to create us, the universe and all that’s in it then it must be something beyond our comprehension. We can only understand that which lies in our realm of understanding. I know, some people are very smart and they can understand anything. And there is no point in you reading any further because you already have all the answers and know it all. Good luck.

Rather than trying to understand that which I know I cannot, I look to understand the noticeable influences in our lives. Things that I can witness. Things I can observe, study and wrap my tiny brain around.

Ben Kenobi: “Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through him.” Luke Skywalker: “You mean it controls your actions?” Kenobi: “Partially, but it also obeys your commands.”

Many people might argue that the Force is good and that there is a dark side to it. I say bah-humbug to that. The Force is. What we do with that is a direct reflection on us. Not the Force. Christians pray, Witches work spells and Mediums have abilities.

A million blessings your way for answering Grand Daddy Wess!
I am smart. Not as smart as some but give me a bit and I can figure anything out. Give me more time and something good CAN come.

In the Cinema world its easy to say "Yea, the Force doesn't Lord over anything." When we, as Modern day Jedi begin to apply and notice and start naming things in our own paths, does it LORD? Your Force, the Living Force, does it LORD over you Master Wess?

Build, not tear down.

More
2 years 11 months ago #359691 by Athena_Undomiel
I wouldn't say that the Force lords over any of us. It kind of sounds like asking if your conscience lords over you. Does it help guide and encourage certain behaviors? Yes. Can it be used in decision making in tough times? Yes. But I think it is more of an availability as a resource to be tapped into rather than commanding from on high.
Having a good moral compass or a self defined understanding of personal values or conscience doesn't mean that your conscious is being lorded over. I think it just means that one knows thyself; and in times of question knows which resource to turn to; be it the Force or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, River

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #359692 by Carlos.Martinez3
"Athena_Undomiel"
Having a good moral compass or a self defined understanding of personal values or conscience doesn't mean that your conscious is being lorded over. I think it just means that one knows thyself; and in times of question knows which resource to turn to; be it the Force or otherwise.

Give me those who stand and I shall stand with them, heck I'll even pour the tea!
Thank you for your response. For those who DO NOT know, Athena Undomiel is the Pastors wife, and claims no Jedi title what so ever but that, so I kinna value a few things she posts. I value every single person who posts.

Knowing ourselves can lead to understanding. It is said "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
Then one could say , knowing our own self's can lead to understanding. Understanding our own path can lead to one being fully self sufficient. That type of independence can create or destroy much, so be mindful. What LORDS over us? Be wary is all we can do.
Jedi Teaching 4. Jedi are wary of attachments, both material and personal. Even the ones that CAN LORD over us. Just encouragement Athena U!
Force be with you and yours!

* Do some fear the Force like some GODS?

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
2 years 11 months ago #359700 by Wescli Wardest

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Does the Force Lord over anything?
Your Force, the Living Force, does it LORD over you Master Wess?

The Force helps me to understand. I have never understood what the Lord wants of me other than to choose the Lord, and to be a good man. Where that may seem simple enough, it is harder than one might imagine. Temptation waits around every corner. Anger is the Devils cocaine and he is a pusher of drugs. Arrogance and pride is an easy trap to fall in to especially since we as people crave external validation.

The Force wills us to actions and inactions, course and place. But it is just that, a will, a want, a desire. Showing us where, which way. It for us to choose. Without choice… what would be the purpose?

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
2 years 11 months ago #359719 by River
Replied by River on topic Does the Force, LORD?
Oxford says the definition of lord as a verb is to "act in a superior and domineering manner toward (someone)."

In that case, no, I don't see the Force as lording anything. Even at times when I feel like the Force is really trying to direct my attention to something I don't feel like it's about superiority or being domineering, just guidance.

I think the Force probably exists in a realm beyond ideas like superiority. Not necessarily above such ideas, just... beyond them. Like they just aren't a thing at all, not even theoretically, with the Force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
2 years 11 months ago #359724 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Does the Force, LORD?
So I hate to be this guy, but does it? Its an interesting line of logic. Does anything lord over us? Is that not connected in some way to the Force? Does the actions we take reverse this idea? Why does Kobos only ask questions in this conversation?

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #359726 by Alexandre Orion

Kobos wrote: Why does Kobos only ask questions in this conversation?

Much Love,
Kobos

Because every generation kills Socrates and you figured it hasn't happened recently ? :P :P
That's a compliment, by the way. ;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi