Christian Jedi Journal

More
6 years 10 months ago #284982 by Alethea Thompson
Rosalyn and I have been working on this project for a while. We got the idea from the Bible App, actually XD, when reading over some devotionals. So we wanted to put something together which could be used by Christian Jedi to see the parallels of the Jedi Path and Christianity using the Bible itself.

It's set up so that you can print it out and write down your thoughts as you work through the journal. There are 80 Days worth of scripture for you to contemplate on each section of the Jedi Compass (we did exclude "Loyalty to the Jedi Code" as it is mostly covered already through everything else listed in the Compass, and well, I think that a devotional based around the Jedi Code would be a task in and of itself :D. We also excluded the Prowess section, as that is something more between you and God to decide how to cultivate the arts into your life).

We hope that this journal is useful for you as you explore the Jedi Path through the lens of Christianity.

Attachment CJC.pdf not found

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, steamboat28, Adder, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #284983 by
Replied by on topic Christian Jedi Journal
That looks very impressive ! Awesome Job Ally and Rosalyn !! You dont mind that it takes me a year to work through all that do you :lol:
Marta Lina

More
6 years 10 months ago #284985 by Alethea Thompson
Not at all XD

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 10 months ago #284988 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Christian Jedi Journal
Can someone be a non-theistic Christian? Why or why not? I'm not giving my opinion, yet, on the chance of it causing any bias.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284990 by Alethea Thompson
I believe they can. Scripture can be good at directing us in a philosophical way- just the same as the Jedi Path can be a philosophy without a religious aspect to it.

There is something to be said of age old wisdom that has proven accurate time and time again. Which is one reason that I believe Christians should contemplate scripture and the various means, rather than just read one level deep. :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #284993 by
I'm not in a place to say whether you can be "non-theistic Christian", but I agree with Alethea that there is wisdom in the teachings of Jesus that doesn't have to be attached to religion. I'm a fan of the Jefferson Bible for this reason. Thomas Jefferson removed the miracles of Jesus and instead focused on the lessons. It doesn't take away from being a theist Christian, and at the same time it makes the Bible approachable for people who aren't comfortable with the religious implications.

More
6 years 10 months ago #284994 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Christian Jedi Journal

Senan wrote: I'm not in a place to say whether you can be "non-theistic Christian", but I agree with Alethea that there is wisdom in the teachings of Jesus that doesn't have to be attached to religion. I'm a fan of the Jefferson Bible for this reason. Thomas Jefferson removed the miracles of Jesus and instead focused on the lessons. It doesn't take away from being a theist Christian, and at the same time it makes the Bible approachable for people who aren't comfortable with the religious implications.

Never heard of the Jefferson Bible before, but I am a huge fan of the man so I will have to check that one out, thank you!

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #284995 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Christian Jedi Journal

Can someone be a non-theistic Christian? Why or why not? I'm not giving my opinion, yet, on the chance of it causing any bias

At risk of upsetting Jedi and Christians everywhere (in other discussions here and elsewhere I'm often told I'm "not a real" christian because I couldn't give two hoots about the pope or a bunch of other stuff tied to various religions selling christianity)

I'd wager I'm fairly close to a non-theistic christian, I see God as anologous to the Force (and less like say, Odin , which is a closer approximation as I see it to what most people think of when they think of God), and Jesus (and other prophets, but let's not go there) as a student/teacher.

Was jesus the literal biological son of some nebulous Old One? Nah. Are his* teachings worthwhile? Yeah.

*Or, y'know, inferred lessons via notes taken by someone else...

It's like Socrates and Plato all over again.....
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285011 by
That has always been where my thoughts lay with the "Christ" figure. So I've never quite figured out where I fit in. I believe there was a Jewish Rabbi named Yeshua Bin Yosef. I believe that he upset the status quo and challenged those in power, and I believe they killed him for it. All the rest I think are myths and propaganda to sell a religion and keep people in line.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #285012 by
In honesty I don't know if there's a lot of proof for even the real person existing. I don't want to knock anyone's belief (I mean that's what faith is for right?) but in all likelihood, what we know as modern Christianity and modern depictions of Christ were created at an event known as the Council of Nicaea in the year 325, but the Byzantine Emperor Constantine to help unite the Byzantine Empire. A lot of Jewish and Roman folk tales and a bit of warped history went into it, some of the myths may have some basis in history but I personally find it highly unlikely that it even boils down to one person.

On the subject of whether or not one can be a non-theistic christian, I'm not sure. I imagine a lot of the theistic Christians would say no? Perhaps not the ones on this sight though. I mean people can definitely get a lot from the gospels without necessitating faith. I'm doing a similar thing here, I follow the jedi path but I don't believe in a literal force that binds and guides all life. But I feel what constitutes the canon of Christianity calls for the worship of Christ and absolution through him as a core aspect to the majority of beliefs (unlike the core jedi teachings, which don't necessitate a literal view of the force) ,and as such I guess my answer is no. You can get insight from the Gospels, but you cannot be a "Christian" if you don't believe in the divinity of christ and seek absolution through HIM.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi