• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 5 months ago #166500 by Brenna
I wonder if the Synod would be able to take a moment to clarify the new appointment of a replacement (interim from my understanding) secretary to the clergy that has happened with no notice or announcement?

I think the person appointed is a great choice (congrats Jamie) but I am uncertain as to the process, considering the following paragraphs from the Synod charter.

"When an Office is available, a public notice will be made to the Temple requesting applications. Applicants must be a member of the Clergy or a Seminarian and be in good standing with the Temple. All applications will be fairly considered, an interview conducted and a vote taken among the Synod members as to the successful candidate. "

and

the Synod is organised into an open and accessible administrative body, dedicated to transparency and balance in Clergy management

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166508 by
Seconded. Found out about it in the skype room, and it was not addressed. :whistle:

More
9 years 5 months ago #166509 by Rosalyn J
Yeah, just a little weird. Also, would like to know whats going on...now and in the future :D

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #166523 by Jestor
I'm just reading this now.. I was contacted by someone over this issue, but I don't see "an issue" myself...

I am an interm supervisor at my job...

Interm, meaning temporary, does not have to be announced, as I understand it, nor do candidates need to apply....

An Interm whatever is a person ask to fill the role of whatever for a temporary length of time....

Should the Synod be seeking to fill the position permanently, an announcement, and the acceptance of applications, should happen then....

The Council doesn't micro manage the Synod, although we (the Council) did probably drag down the updated training a bit, we also trust them to make decisions such as these without having to account for every movement...

My thinking is, if we want to know more about what the Synod is doing, joining it might be a better way of staying in the loop.....

Although I'm sure they won't have an issue answering this "calling out"...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, J. K. Barger

More
9 years 5 months ago #166524 by Rosalyn J
Thanks Jestor. Appreciate the reply. That's what I was thinking as well, just wanted some clarification.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 5 months ago #166525 by Brenna
Sure. You make some good points.

But the lack of transparency or process for "temporary" positions is not mentioned or accounted for in the charter. There is a difference between the "letter of the law" and "spirit of the law"

One of the goals of having a charter was transparency, and a sense that the clergy did not operate in secret and behind closed doors. This seems like a step backward in that endeavor.

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #166526 by
We weren't told it was a temporary position. :side:

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #166527 by Brenna
We weren't told anything. I specifically asked after a throw away comment that mentioned a new secretary. The justification of it being temporary was the reponse to my query about it being out of alignment with the recently announced charter.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Brenna.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #166528 by Jestor
That's what "interm" means Connor...

Brenna, if I get you right, you are simply pointing out, what you see as, a violation of the rules?

Council wasn't informed either...

I don't inform about each person I block, application I accept, or posts I modify (trying to get better on this last one though)...

As long as its not permanent, the rules are not broken if you ask me...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Brenna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
9 years 5 months ago #166529 by Brenna
Yes. You're right Jestor.

The part of the synod charter governing appointments to postitions was meant to cover anyone being added to the synod for any reason.

because in the past people have felt that these things happen in secret, without notice and some felt that clergy appointed their "buddies"

I know that this was the intention of that clause, because I wrote it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi