New Knighting Procedure

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330743 by
New Knighting Procedure was created by
On behalf of the Council it is my pleasure to announce a new knighting procedure.
The knights of the temple are entrusted with the teaching of our members and especially apprentices. As brothers and sisters they stand together to hold up our faith and they help to keep the temple running from day to day.
As from now on they will also be welcoming new knights to their ranks.

The new procedure will soon be posted as an article as well.

New Knighting process

1. A TM presents their candidate for Knighthood by submitting their recommendation, the apprentices assessment of the Journey, DQS spreadsheet, and a link to the Journal to the Knight's Secretary.
2. The Knights Secretary creates a thread stating that "Candidate, Promotion to Knight"
3. The Knights Secretary reaches out to Education Administration, who look over the DQS sheet and Journal and grant the Adiv. A post to that effect will be added to the thread.
4. All knights generate the questions for the interview and collect them in the thread.
5. A Knight may conduct the interview with the candidate and the Teaching master.
6. The interviewed is posted in the thread and a week for discussion is allotted.
7. All knights vote on the request for a promotion to Knighthood within 10 days.
8. Majority rules, the quorum should be no less than six.

Adhara
- Secretary to the knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330744 by
Replied by on topic New Knighting Procedure
Loving seeing that Knights will become increasingly more important going forward. :) Well done, Council! <3

More
5 years 4 months ago #330752 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic New Knighting Procedure
Been waiting years for the Knights to be granted more authority over the Knighting of Apprentices, thank you...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330753 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic New Knighting Procedure
Edit
Reword my comment. I know its got to be frustrating for all of you who are working to generate ideas and make the compromises to please everyone and then get the ideas passed and then implemeted. I really am not trying to frustrate you and i value your work. I see something that makes me think a certain risk is being instantiated into the process and im asking about it

Seems this method will put Apprentices in the position of having to play the Popularuty Game. Some may have presence of mind enough to vote for someone they dislike, maybe, but no one will vote against someone they count as a friend.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330754 by
Thank you to everybody who put work into this. Very much appreciated!
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330755 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Edit
Reword my comment
Seems this method will put Apprentices in the position of having to play the Popularuty Game

LOL actually no different than it was before, just now with a wider audience.

More
5 years 4 months ago #330756 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic New Knighting Procedure
I have to agree with both Ob1 and Kyrin
:)

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330757 by
I think it’s naïve to think there is a way that doesn’t involve human connection in any decision we make.

Are we not biased 100% of the time?

The only ways to detach would be to assign the Knighting process either objective standards (never will happen) or a 3rd party that evaluates to our standards (probably even less likely to happen).

This is less a step toward a better Knighting system and more a step towards lessening the power of the Council to make day-to-day decisions. This is about giving Knights the power. If it doesn’t work, it will shift to something else.

This is a strategic move.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330759 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic New Knighting Procedure
Yea that takes the topic into a realm i cant speak on. I know theres been a lot of infighting and i know there are knights want more authority.... i know theres been A LOT of good people who have chosen to move on from here... but i was never involved directly and can offer no explanation or insight. I just dont see how it will end up anything more than a popularity contest but i acknowledge that im not the one who is responsible for drafting solutons to .. whatever the actual problems are.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vaziel_Sorel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330760 by
I’m sure your point is noted, and the Knights will do their best to remain as objective as they can.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi