Charities for Ukraine

More
2 years 1 month ago #366551 by Zenith Felwood
Tone Deaf

Well I don't disagree. I did fail to communicate this in a much more positive light. As others have said on here it is not Putin that my heart goes out to. The Russian people are likely very scared. I have and many of you may have friends on the Russian side. They are often silenced and scared from there leader Putin. No one wants a war. My heart and soul bleeds for both sides. I do hope my fellow Jedi can understand. May the force end this conflict quickly through peaceful means.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym, Jake Nislan, Chris-Tien

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #366564 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Charities for Ukraine
The stakes are a bit different for a country being invaded versus the invaders. No one here is condemning the entire Russian populace, rather we're discussing how to help the victims who are disproportionately and obviously Ukranian.

This is like asking how to fundraise for the Yugoslavian people 24 years ago because they have a bad leader and are having to go fight in Kosovo. This is a very rare occurrence for things to be so black and white, and I have a serious problem with any equivocation or fence sitting.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Rex. Reason: Getting the time of the Kosovo war corrected
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym, Zenith Felwood, Jake Nislan

More
2 years 1 month ago #366565 by Serenity Amyntas
This charity is active in Ukraine since 2014 and verified.

https://razomforukraine.org/donate/

Servizio cura rispetto *Gloria alla Casa dei Soli Gemelli*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym, Rex, Zenith Felwood, Jake Nislan

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #366568 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic Charities for Ukraine
Zenith, as others have said, no one wishes ill against the Russian people. No one deserves to live under such a government that would send their children off to fight and die in wars they don't want. They will indeed suffer under foreign sanctions and the economic pressure of war. They will need help. But they don't need help NOW. Ukraine is in immediate need of aid, and this will continue until long after the war physically ends. But thank you for your comment, and as Serenity said, if you know of any ways to directly help them, let us know. And when the time comes, we can direct our aid in that direction.

Here is another legitimate charity, which distributes relief supplies directly to refugees, focusing on the most vulnerable populations.

https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/ukraine-crisis-relief-fund/

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Skryym.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Zenith Felwood, Jake Nislan, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 1 month ago #366599 by Skryym
UNICEF has already been mentioned - but I completed a donation through them and only 3% of the donation goes to administrative costs, if anyone wanted to know. That's a huge factor for me, and one of the main reasons I don't donate to the World Wildlife Fund (but that's another story).

Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake Nislan, River, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 1 month ago #366611 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Charities for Ukraine
What's our opinion on sending actual food?

https://www.ukrainegiftdelivery.com/collections/food-sets

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Zenith Felwood, Jake Nislan, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 1 month ago #366644 by Skryym

Rosalyn J wrote: What's our opinion on sending actual food?

https://www.ukrainegiftdelivery.com/collections/food-sets

If it's effective and legitimate, I'm in support of it. I was looking up ways to donate directly to Ukrainian farmers but didn't have much luck - maybe that will be more important during postwar reconstruction.

If you want to pool money and make a collective food donation AS totjo, I can send money via venmo, paypal, etc.

B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenith Felwood, Jake Nislan, River, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 1 month ago #366646 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Charities for Ukraine
Stay tuned

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Jake Nislan, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 1 month ago #366647 by Jake Nislan
Replied by Jake Nislan on topic Charities for Ukraine
I think Zenith asks a legitimate question and one that has been in my head for these last few days. Most Russian people are against this war and don’t deserve to suffer under the imposed sanctions, but like many people they’re suffering under Putin’s regime and censorship. I believe the best way to help them is to push back against the propaganda and keep them informed about the reality of the situation, and ofcourse aid when and where we can.

However like people mentioned its the Ukrainian people who are suffering from the direct consequences of the war and need more immediate aid, and are thus a priority.

Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without a passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see

There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death

The force is in all things and I am the force

- Novice of Temple of The Jedi Order

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Zenith Felwood, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 1 month ago #366658 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Charities for Ukraine
Airbnb are talking donations to help fund refugees stay in some of their host sites. If you can, you can also offer your place as an Airbnb for refugees for free or at a reduced cost (funded by the donations mentioned above).

https://www.airbnb.org/help-ukraine

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Skryym, Serenity Amyntas

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi