Questions: More Useful Than Answers?

More
1 year 6 months ago #370046 by Streen
Hello all!

I come before you today a humbled man. Parts of my life have de-evolved into chaos, but my friends have come through for me, giving me the idea for the reason I am posting this. Don't worry, moderators, I'm not doing any teaching.

In fact, I'm doing the opposite. As part of a project I'm working on, I would like to make a request: ask me questions. Philosophical ones or nagging ideas that you wonder about. What would you ask the wisest person in the world? What would you ask a priest or pastor? What would you ask a Buddhist or Taoist monk? What would you ask God, if he exists? What do you ask of the Force? You can even ask questions about me.

Don't hold back. It could be anything you've ever wanted to know about. You can post it here, or send me a PM.

Also, don't mistake this as a reason for me to answer your questions here. That wouldn't be prudent, based on the wishes of the people in charge. I can't even claim I will have an answer to your questions. What I plan to do is to take your questions and challenge myself to answer them in writing, perhaps as a future book, I honestly don't know. I'm just going by instinct here, and hoping the Force will provide the wisdom I need.

I repeat... DON'T HOLD BACK. Ask my anything!!! I don't care what it is.

I eagerly await your inquiries. May the Force be with you all.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Izoshua

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #370049 by Skryym

Streen wrote:
What would you ask the wisest person in the world? .

Why are you the wisest person in the world?

Jesting aside, my most burning questions are much less philosophical these days:

Which laws and trades tend to cultivate the most stable communities?

What is the cheapest, most durable and most sustainable way to build a house in a climate with high rain, wide temperature fluctuation, and a 6 foot frost line?

Can year-round grazing be implemented for cattle systems in continental climates?

What is the most feasible way to lower the N, P, K, and pH levels of our rivers and lakes to drinking-quality levels?

Despite the paucity of "philosophy" as we know it, I still view these as fundamentally "Jedi" questions. They deal with every day life for billions of people. If you want to get philosophical, all these questions boil down to the 2 most important questions in my life: What is the Commons, and what is our ideal relationship with the Commons? "Commons" meaning the fundamental commodities of life: The bottom of Maslow's pyramid, the basic resources "protected" by the UN Declaration of Human Rights, the food, water, shelter, healthcare, and visitation of Jesus' corporate works of Mercy. I'm okay with not having the answer to the Problem of Evil, or the infamous Trolly Question, or whether God is monist, dualist, Pantheistic or PanENtheistic... but I'm terrified that we will never fully define "The Commons" or how to live sustainably with it.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Skryym. Reason: grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: River

More
1 year 6 months ago #370056 by Adder
I wanna know if the 'top of the atmosphere' is further away from the ground in a low pressure system or a high pressure system, or if it's not correlated or how. We're all used to isobars a horizontal plane, but I wanna see them in vertical plane as well :D

But I agree, questions are more useful to me, and my answers don't really represent anything more than my attempt and answering them. If the answer is useful to someone else that's just a plus.... buyer beware.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #370064 by Streen

Skryym wrote:

Streen wrote:
What would you ask the wisest person in the world? .

Why are you the wisest person in the world?

I knew I was going to get in trouble for that one! LOL Seriously though, I don't think of myself as all that wise, which is sort of why I'm doing this. It's a test, or trial, to see if I actually CAN answer your questions.

Which, by the way, are far more complicated than I expected, heheh. I appreciate it though. I need the challenge.

In any case, KEEP THE QUESTIONS COMING! :)

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Streen.

More
1 year 6 months ago #370071 by Carlos.Martinez3
One of the best questions I was asked and I can ask some one is , What of others?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
1 year 6 months ago #370079 by rugadd
Why is it wrong to kill people?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Izoshua

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi