New Podcast, Cryptids, and Paranormal activity! Oh, My!

More
2 years 5 months ago #363905 by Lykeios Little Raven
Hello Temple! Had a question or two to ask.

First of all, I'm starting a new podcast on a variety of broad topics that we will probably trim down to one or two major topics over time. Two of my best friends in the outernet are my co-hosts/recurring guests.

With the recent Hallow's Eve season and some mysterious things going on in my personal life and my wife's life, we have been thinking a lot about the supernatural/paranormal/spiritual world.

To the questions:

1. Has anyone had any experiences with or have any second-hand stories about any paranormal, supernatural, or, in particular, cryptozoological phenomena? I'm sure some of you must have seen some weird things out there in the wide world and I'd love to hear your stories!

2. Anyone willing to perhaps take part in an interview or make a guest appearance on the new podcast on this topic?

3. Any suggested resources on cryptids, in particular, or other paranormal events/evidence?

I'd be particularly interested in anything based in PA, New England, or the Northeastern US, but any reports from anywhere in the world are welcome, too!

Just general information on such topics, legends, lore, myths, etc. from your home country/town or current place of residence is welcome as well, these don't have to be personal encounters or encounters of which you've been told.

Thanks, guys! Look forward to discussing these interesting, mysterious, and sometimes foreboding topics with you all!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Diana W, River

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #364039 by Lykeios Little Raven
No interest? I mean, even if you're not okay with having the stories/encounters shared on a podcast I still want to hear your stories about the paranormal/cryptids. :)

Anyone?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
2 years 5 months ago #364040 by Diana W
I have experienced a lot. But the idea of being on a podcast isn't one of my top 10 things to do. :)

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos, River

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #364041 by Lykeios Little Raven
Hey, you don't have to go on the podcast! Could you share some of your experiences? PM if they're too personal is fine, Dwag! I'd love to hear your stories/recollections. I promise not to even use it on the podcast without your permission. This is just research and anecdotal evidence gathering for my own knowledge as much, if not more than, for the podcast.

EDIT FOR ALL: I shouldn't have made this about the podcast so much...I want to hear your stories regardless of whether or not you want these shared on a podcast. If you're uncomfortable having your name associated with it I'd anonymize the names IF that makes you feel more comfortable with the podcast. Also, again, this is as much for my own edification as it is for a podcast. Sorry, I really really shouldn't have even mentioned the podcast up front. Just excited about the new show, that's all.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

More
2 years 5 months ago #364045 by River
I'm kind of believe that what you focus on grows. I'm not sure if it's some weird energetic attraction thing or just that we tend to notice things more when we're thinking about them or some combination, but it's been a truism in my life. I've had experiences but I'm reluctant to talk about them as I'm not at all eager to experience or be aware more than I already do/ am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

More
2 years 5 months ago #364113 by Lykeios Little Raven
Fair enough! I respect and understand that, River.

More
2 years 5 months ago #364162 by Vincent Causse
So i ve got to say that i m not a fan of paranormal activities or stories, i sure love the movies "ghost buster". I feel like River about the unknown, i dont know it and i dont want to! But i ve heard first hand few very creepy stories , the worse is what happened to one of my aunty and her family who lived in a very quiet, darkish country side in France, the fogs in there can be absolutely ghostly and dense. Once one of her neighbor who lived at least half a mile from the house gave them a pile of cloth, a fur coat, some feather pillows, this and that. It is then that strange things started to happen around the house. My uncle built him self this home, a massive house as they have 6 kids plus a huge basement that accommodated the garage and a full size apartment for the eldest of the kids . The Attic, that i never even dared go and see. So my cousines were the first seing and hearing odd things like clocks running back ward, hearing foot steps where there was no one walking, then they heard drums , like African drums playing in the attic, they could not sleep anymore. My aunty walked then iinto her room, she kept the feather pillow to her self and inside he witnessed a full size rooster! That was it , they tried on the spot to burn it all but nothing took to the fames. My aunty brought it all back to the neighbors and gave em back.. It all stopped. Just to say , my aunty is and was never a gossip attention sicker type, the whole family witnessed those happening and they did not enjoy it. I know there s something out there but i dont intent to found out or even to know what.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

More
2 years 4 months ago #364309 by Lykeios Little Raven
Thank you for sharing that! That's fascinating. Very strange things in this world.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #364310 by Lykeios Little Raven
Anyone else willing to share some stories/experiences? Even second-hand accounts are more than welcomed. Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses I've already gotten. I also understand the reticence to talk about this stuff.

I'll share one of my wife's experiences from two days ago. So, we've been hearing scratching, scrabbling sounds from a set of cabinets in the basement garage we live in currently. At night my wife had consistently been woken up by louder scratching and bangs that kept her up for nights on end. Every time she sat up or shined our flashlight toward the cabinets the sounds would stop. There are no holes in the interior or exterior of the cabinets, only a small space underneath where they had to cut the bottom edge to go up over a lip in the floor. We think there's a little mouse or something under there. I saged underneath the cabinet and said something to the effect of "Anything that is bothering us and keeping my wife awake needs to leave NOW. You are not welcome." in a commanding tone. My wife gasped and said "holy crap" or something. It took her a few seconds to respond to my repeated "what? what? what?s" She said she saw a shadowy black, spherical orb go flitting back and forth over the wall and then disappear into it. I didn't see it, but I believe her. The reaction was too genuine (she's a terrible actor). So, apparently I managed to scare off whatever that was: spirit, goblin, or wee beastie. The strangest thing is that our dog has had literally no reaction to any of the noises. However, the next day after I banished the thing he started responding to the mouse-like scratchings that have so far continued (the loud noises that keep my wife up at night, however, are gone). So, pretty sure we had a possessed mouse or something. I'm glad I managed to get rid of the nastiness because I was sick of her being tired all the time. and so was she.

So, yea...we've also both recently had psychic "awakenings" soooo lots of stuff is going on. Don't worry, we are well protected through multiple means.

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #364313 by Diana W
Sorry I've not responded yet. I keep seeing the topic come up and then my brain gets distracted.

It seems that I have 'always' had something paranormal occur around me. We moved a lot when I was a child, and everywhere we were, whatever it was followed me.

I recall the first time I was scared, it was in Arizona and I was about 5-7. One night I was up all night hearing someone talk to me. I felt them sitting on my legs. It was the first time I saw the white handkerchiefs fall at the foot of my bed (this continued for years). I've always felt someone present, even when no one was around. As I got older I would be able to feel when a place was, what I call, 'occupied'. And sometimes these feelings of presence would follow me home. I eventually learned how to energetically force them either back where I found them in passing, or guide them to their next destination beyond the current trap they were in.

I lost count how many experiences I have had in the 55 years this life has been so far. But I am actually thankful for the weird companionship of different entities (for lack of a better word). Many years ago I ended up thinking of them as guardians rather than something to be afraid of. There have been times when I would get a warning of some type that things around me were not right for me and that I needed to be somewhere else.

I don't get these as often as I used to. I'm not sure why, perhaps all the energy work I have done has blocked something off that allows me to sense as much, or I don't need these instances as much. Who's to say?

Journals:
. IP . Apprentice . Personal . Healing . Degree . Seminary

Previous: House of Orion
Previous TM : Zero

Life is a sum of all your choices; So, what are you doing today?
― Albert Camus
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Diana W.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Vincent Causse

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi