UK Jedi Gathering 2021-2022

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361642 by
Doing some information gathering here.

Working behind the scenes to work up a proper, open community Jedi Gathering in the UK. Currently looking for late this year, or any time next year. We will be offering full classes, with plenty of time for fellowship and hanging out.

So, questions:

1) Are you in the UK and open to the idea of a Gathering?
2) What price range do you consider to be reasonable?
and
3) Even with current government guidelines being 'all open' from COVID, are you comfortable meeting this year (late this year) or would it be better to wait until next year when we can guarantee everyone has been vaccinated or at least we know more about a potential for herd immunity?

We're currently looking to do this over the course of a long weekend (arrive Friday-leave Monday morning). The more people we can gather, the lower the overall price is likely to be.

Thank you for contributing, if you do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #361651 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic UK Jedi Gathering 2021-2022
I'd love to meet up with everyone again. Price range I can be flexible with depending on what everyone's suggestions are and how far into the future it is.

However, I live with an incredibly vulnerable person and I'm not convinced relaxing all the rules was a good idea with the current rise in cases so this year is a definite no from me.

You say 'open community' gathering? Do you mean non TOTJO also? The reason I ask is that I'm a massive introvert and have a lot of social anxiety. If it's open to everyone then of course that's fine, but I may not come depending on the numbers.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 9 months ago #361664 by
Replied by on topic UK Jedi Gathering 2021-2022
Yes, open community. I've asked this same question in FA and TotJF, and of course soon will be getting it out there on Jedi Church. Atm I only know of the TotJO having a Gathering here in the UK, for the rest of the community they're either quite isolated from the community or are the sole active UK member.

My ideal goal is ~25-30 people. Something akin to what we see for the IJF Gathering.

I do agree on the idea we should wait until more jabs are out there. Also its likely people wouldn't want to meet during peak winter, so may have to wait until spring/summer 2022.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #361668 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic UK Jedi Gathering 2021-2022
Ah ok. 25-30 is rather too many for me to handle. I've liked TOTJO only gatherings in the past specifically because they are a small and it's more like going away with my friends. It's less 'overload' on me and I can be alone easier. I hope you manage to achieve what you are setting out to do though.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi