What if God died?

More
2 years 9 months ago #360588 by ZealotX
What if God died? was created by ZealotX
This is purely theoretical.

What if there was a God who created the Universe in 7 cycles which was roughly the equivalent of 700-1000 earth years and then died?

And what if everything, every story, every religion, was a "what if" theory about God still being alive?

selah
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Jhannuzs Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #360589 by Jhannuzs Ian
Replied by Jhannuzs Ian on topic What if God died?
Elegant question inderdaad.

Theories ... We like some of them.

Some provide "feelings" or a mental system to solve something, or allow us to ppreciate relationships with the world from a certain nuance. Does an idea exist just because we think about it? It depends on the context and utility.

What if all the goddesses or gods have already die? Could their creations and the connection they had with their creations remain just because the inspiration they evoked?
Memories, evaporation or mixed metaphors in the face "of the pain" that our actions do not remain alive.

Yesterday I saw an episode of the Lucifer series, where God loses his powers and likes: being human, but he also has a couple of impulses and misalignments (God is jealous of a man, kills him and then revives him, all this in seconds)

Thinking of the approximately 4200 religions of the planet, there are too many goddesses and gods created to endure the complications of life, to give meaning instead of dying and being dust, to feel protected against the natural adversities.

Imagining having a soul to feel alive "with something more" than matter... An idea might not exist according to the criteria we apply to it, but I recognize that it would be a relief to think that some gods or goddesses "who are still living" look at me and then give me a little gift of hope in the face of ambiguities and misfortunes.

If he died, I need to stand up for myself and enjoy healthy meaningful life as much I can

De belangrijke dingen van het leven, zijn geen dingen

.:.

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
2 years 9 months ago #360591 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic What if God died?

Jhannuzs Ian wrote: Yesterday I saw an episode of the Lucifer series, where God loses his powers and likes: being human, but he also has a couple of impulses and misalignments (God is jealous of a man, kills him and then revives him, all this in seconds)

Same here. That's basically what inspired the question.

More
2 years 9 months ago #360592 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic What if God died?
What if: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/119713-the-last-question#303981

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Kobos

More
2 years 9 months ago #360626 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic What if God died?
Question back: What do you mean by "what if"? Setting aside logistical problems and all of our reasons to suspect (quite strongly) that these century-long cycles wouldn't correspond to how the universe appears to have come to be now, of course we can entertain the hypothetical. So let's say this were so, and this God being "lived" by some definition of the term and then later died. Now, what do you mean by "what if"? Do you mean what are the consequences of its death to the subsequent behaviour of the universe? Perhaps you mean philosophical implications of a mortal creator being? It's a great question in that it can be explored in any number of directions. Did you have some particular ones in mind, then?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan, Kobos, Rex

More
2 years 9 months ago #360636 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic What if God died?

Gisteron wrote: Did you have some particular ones in mind, then?

You can venture down any path you like.

More
2 years 5 months ago #363180 by Lykeios Little Raven

ZealotX wrote: This is purely theoretical.

What if there was a God who created the Universe in 7 cycles which was roughly the equivalent of 700-1000 earth years and then died?

And what if everything, every story, every religion, was a "what if" theory about God still being alive?

selah

I mean, what if God doesn't exist at all and never did? What if all our flailing about trying to describe God, to pigeonhole it, to define it, is but the fruitless effort of a race alone in a cold, indifferent universe? Does it change anything? Whether this "God" of which you speak is alive or dead? Is it not the spirit? The essence of such a being that is important?

Maybe being from a "dead" religion gives me a different perspective. I think the fire of spirit inherent in any religion is the important part. What if Gods do die if they aren't worshiped enough? Could they be resurrected?

There are, after all, many myths about "the dying God." Dionysus, Mithra, Osiris, Jesus of Nazareth, etc. I think we're scared. Scared that the sacred and the profane don't really exist. That, in the end, there is only life and death and a return to nothingness. We're obsessed with such things. Makes sense to me that if we're preternaturally predisposed to contemplating these things there's maybe something to it? Or, perhaps it's just a collective unconscious thing? Who can say?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
2 years 4 months ago #364302 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic What if God died?
I don't think of the true God as being some person, a creator of what we see in this universe, separate from it all and pulling all the strings. God, as I see it, IS EVERYTHING. Therefore, to answer your question, if God died, we would no longer exist.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Kira

More
2 years 4 months ago #364306 by For-Emris
Replied by For-Emris on topic What if God died?
Many Christians I know say: "everything is by the will of God."
If everything is according to the will of God, then the existence of the world without him is impossible - if God died, his will would also die.

But let's remember about such a religion as "deism". In accordance with it, God created the world, but no longer interferes with what is happening here. In this case, the death of God would not affect at all what is happening in this world ...

Love is a manifestation of the Force that unites all living creatures ...

More
2 years 3 months ago #364462 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic What if God died?
That's not a bad point. But think about this...

Everything came from somewhere, right? There had to be a single source from which reality itself had to come into existence. I'm not talking about the universe and all that's in it. I mean the very concept of a continuum. Real. Unreal. Creation. Destruction. Life. Death. This and that.

Where did reality come from? How does existence exist?

God or not, something triggered the "THIS", and everything is made up of whatever it all came from.

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi