Food for Thought.....

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349382 by Neaj Pa Bol
The Road Not Taken BY ROBERT FROST

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both. And be one traveler, long I stood, And looked down one as far as I could To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay In leaves no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way, I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

The road less traveled
The road less traveled is an idiom that is taken from a poem, though it is not an accurate quote from the poem. An idiom is a word, group of words or phrase that has a figurative meaning that is not easily deduced from its literal definition. We will examine the definition of the road less traveled, where it came from and some examples of its use in sentences.

The phrase the road less traveled means a choice made in one’s life that is unconventional, a choice that leads one in a different direction than most people. The connotation is of a choice that expresses individuality and leadership. The expression the road less traveled is a paraphrase of a line in Robert Frost’s poem, The Road Not Taken, published in 1920: “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -I took the one less traveled by…” Interestingly, most scholars interpret the poem as a meditation on the tendency for a man to look back on all his choices as momentous ones that brought him to his standing today, though in truth, each choice was not momentous nor an act of courage, at the time the choice was made.

Sometimes as needed, one must choose, "The Road Less Traveled" to grow and learn...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Neaj Pa Bol. Reason: grammar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi