Is Trumps Boarder Wall Antithetical To Jedi Doctrine?

More
4 years 2 months ago #349518 by Malicious
*raises hand to the teacher saying pick me * I have a question , if the boarder wall " is " antithetical to the Jedi doctrine what then ?

=_= Malicious (+_+)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349519 by

Malicious wrote: *raises hand to the teacher saying pick me * I have a question , if the boarder wall " is " antithetical to the Jedi doctrine what then ?

I don't fricking know Malicious.
Having just read ZeroStorm's post, I realize how silly this argument is.
Let's all just agree to disagree, be friends, and focus on why we are here. To be Jedi.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349520 by

Attachment jedimeme3b.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
4 years 2 months ago #349523 by Malicious
Don't get your nicker's in a twist I agree with you full heartedly but I was just wondering because I kinda made the post that led to this one and I don't want to be forced to leave . I really like it here and I know now I unintentionally *stired the pot * I think I might be on thin ice with a blow torce pointed at my feet .

I do apologise to everyone and anyone that I may have ruffled there feathers . I am sorry for the actions that I have taken and I will try not to do these type of things again . I will stay in my corner and read / post on my journal . I do have a tendency to accidentally rile people up especially if they have opposite views as I , and I need to fix that .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #349526 by
Don't you talk that way about my knickers! I like them twisty!

lol, it's all good Malicious, there is nothing wrong with having opposing viewpoints, and I do not think you offended anybody.
No need to be overly apologetic, or hide in your corner, you didn't do anything wrong, and you have been very civil in my opinion.

Honestly, if anyone has been rude, it was me a few days ago, I can get awfully arrogant and hateful, borderline contemptuous when I disagree with someone. I gotta be better about that.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349531 by

Malicious wrote: Don't get your nicker's in a twist I agree with you full heartedly but I was just wondering because I kinda made the post that led to this one and I don't want to be forced to leave . I really like it here and I know now I unintentionally *stired the pot * I think I might be on thin ice with a blow torce pointed at my feet .

I do apologise to everyone and anyone that I may have ruffled there feathers . I am sorry for the actions that I have taken and I will try not to do these type of things again . I will stay in my corner and read / post on my journal . I do have a tendency to accidentally rile people up especially if they have opposite views as I , and I need to fix that .

I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly malicious, but if you mean to say you are worried that by starting the topic about the border wall that led to this topic on the border wall has somehow "stired the pot" in a negative way, I don't think anyone feels that way. I didn't get that impression from any of the previous responses I've read and I certainly don't feel that you've done anything wrong.

Although I must say we definitely do not agree fullheartedly on many, if any, points around this issue. In fact, I find our differences so glaring that I literally have no idea where to start in responding to your many ideas about immigration.

That's fine.

We don't have to agree, but i also disagree on agreeing to agree to disagree. I do not feel that avoiding divisive issues breeds unity. Avoiding hard conversations about real suffering is a kind of caution that has more in common with cowardice than righteousness.

There really are men women and children fleeing violence in Southern and Central America and Mexico who really are going to do whatever it takes to escape that violence with their lives and their families. The language people use which labels migrants as criminal invaders really does have real world consequences. Murderous consequences and letting it slide is simply a non option.

Q : In this manifesto several anti-immigrant sentiments are expressed, including hate speech against migrants, white supremacist rhetoric, and calls for all non-European immigrants in Europe who are claimed to be "invading his land" to be removed.

A : What is "The Great Replacement" *

( *A reference to the "Great Replacement" and "white genocide" conspiracy theories were present in the manifesto of Brenton Tarrant, a 28-year-old man from Grafton, New South Wales, Australia, described in media reports as a white supremacist and part of the alt-right,charged with 51 murders, 40 attempted murders, and engaging in a terrorist act.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christchurch_mosque_shootings#Manifesto

More
4 years 2 months ago #349544 by ZealotX
@Malicious

See? I think we have made good progress in this thread. And it wasn't hard because we're actually all very reasonable people here. That's why I love this site and I honestly love all of you on it. We are still a cross section of the world so we come from different places and have different thoughts and feelings because our different perspectives are informed from different experiences growing up in different environments. But peel back all of our layers and we're still the same. Getting through those layers is sometimes the hard part and that's where it helps if we can pull back some of our own layers and speak truthfully about what's in our hearts and WHY we have certain positions rather than simply arguing about what those positions are and whether it's right or wrong.

Personal stories and details, like you shared, are gold, because it helps others understand where you're coming from. People may argue that certain things don't matter but I make sure whenever I'm talking about racial issues that people know I'm black and know about personal experiences that I've had. Because we need to see each other as REAL people, not just vague ideas wrapped up in a screen name. The power of the internet is that we can connect over long distances quickly and easily but the danger is that we are often no more than digital zeros and ones when we do.

So I thank you for sharing parts of yourself and your experiences. Thank you for allowing us a greater opportunity to get to know you, not just through your opinions, but through your life experiences. I respect that greatly.

Here's why I'm not worried abour over population and it's okay if we disagree.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/31/792737851/u-s-population-growth-in-2019-is-slowest-in-a-century

In order to reproduce the same number of people, a couple needs to have 2 children. I say couple but reality is that the divorce rate is over 50%.... so... yeah. I have 2 biological children so, personally, my work is done. However, a lot of people aren't having children at all for different reasons. These reasons include economic conditions, career decisions, sexuality, bad childhood experiences, infertility, liberation/empowerment, birth control, birth defects including still birth, incompatibility, etc.

Now... I trust NPR. If you'd like to investigate other sources to back up the statements made in the cited article be my guest. I will read other sources you provide as long as they are trustworthy.

Now that I've mentioned quite a few reasons people aren't having children, population decreases from things like: aging, disease, cancer, drunk driving, homicide, accidental deaths, suicide, drug overdoses, etc.

And when you factor in the death of a child or young adult prior to them having a child of their own then not only is the population decreasing but that's another person not having children. And you'll find that in certain states there are actuall incentives for moving there because their populations are declining.

But another thing is that there are vast stretches of Americana that are completely undeveloped. Haven't you ever driven between states and just seen a lot of empty land? So how could we be over populated? Couldn't new towns and cities simply be developed in the future? These new towns and cities could create a massive number of new jobs to build them. And they could be more sustainable and energy efficient and environmentally conscious. Look at some of the new places in other parts of the world. Texas is HUGE and can accomodate a lot more people. But if you have ever lived in the inner city in many places you know that homes and lot sizes there are usually smaller and so people with less money usually buy those places while people with more money tend to migrate to the suburbs.

So what would happen if you started building new cities and towns with nicer housing. You can even 3D print a whole city if you wanted to. But creating new housing markets, infrastructure, etc. would create new opportunities and Mexico(ans) would pay for it simply by moving into the US and paying taxes. We could create a whole town of vertical farms and immigrants who come over illegally could live and work in these vertical farm buildings. We don't HAVE to see it as an "invasion" or something negative. Some people are defending their small corner of the map, not even realizing how crappy it is compared to what we could build in place of it. But we have to stop holding on to the past for dear life because that FEAR keeps us from building the future.
And the reality is the more people come here and participate in our economy the richer America becomes and the more powerful it becomes. And unfortunately part of that power is built on the backs of low income labor. But here's the thing... if people want to come and be that labor force... let them. They're not slaves. They have the choice to do that here or go somewhere else or stay where they are. And this way, the opportunity for you as an American to get paid to do a job and sub contract it to a number of these workers, helps you and them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious,

More
4 years 2 months ago #349547 by ZealotX
Real story. I'm a web developer. About 18-20 years ago my former boss asked me if I was still working or if I was subcontracting. She was smart about making money and when she asked me that I realized what she was actually saying. She was saying that I could simply manage a team of contractors that live in India or some foreign place and let them do all the work while I make a good cut. I never did that or wanted to do it. However, I recognize that it's smart business. And because I know how to do the work if they made mistakes I could fix them and make sure I delivered a good final product.

So if you think all these people don't benefit Americans, think again. Many Americans are exploiting anyone they can find who are willing to work for less money. In fact, that's how most rich people get on top. The only Americans who are scared of them are those low income Americans also willing to work for less money at jobs that not even they want but they're under educated and don't believe they have the same opportunities. Politicians harness this fear and turn them into votes and political power. These politicians are often millionaires who use underpaid labor all the time. They aren't scared one bit. They're only scared of losing their power.

So this is why Trump makes them think he cares about their jobs. He doesn't. Getting them to be afraid and then promising to do something about their fear is what gives him power. And at the end of the day that's what it's all about. These illegal immigrants aren't a problem. They are pawns in a game in order to make Americans scared so they will empower one political party so they can stay in power. And what do they use that power for? Fiscal responsibility? ROFL no! They use it to give tax cuts to the rich... government contracts to their friends and allies, etc. This is why Trump didn't think he did anything wrong. The reality is that politicians get favors and do favors all the time. But you're not supposed to abuse your office and Trump went too far. Withholding support to an ally in a war... for personal gain... that's going way too far.

But the point is... the rich and powerful exploit poor Americans... mostly white... in order to boost and maintain their own wealth and power. And that's why the pundits all act like its an invasion and how politicians can act like they don't know who David Duke is. It's their jobs to support this effort with misinformation and political spin. Those guys make lots of money, especially in the stock market. And if you're investing in defense contractors and Lockheed Martin and all those guys... then certain national policy positions are in your best financial interests. Does this not happen on the Democrat side of the aisle? Of course it does! That's why Bernie Sanders is so popular. Because we can smell it. He's not one of them. He actually wants what's best for the American people. And I'm not saying he's the only one. I think Andrew Yang is the same. Mayor Pete? No.

This is a system. And all the things that are messed up in the system are often messed up ON PURPOSE because it serves the interest of those in power. But they have to politically justify certain things if there's too much attention on it. And that's where political spin plays Americans against each other when we should be using the internet and independent media to compare notes and get all the facts and see through all the lies and propaganda so that WE, not them, can build a better future for ourselves.

People that voted for Trump... I'm not mad at them. They had the right idea! They wanted him to be different and be like a wrecking ball for corruption because he said that's what he was going to do. But he lied! He lied! And I knew the whole time he was lying! He was already more corrupt than many in D.C. put together. And part of his corruption was the lie that he wasn't corrupt and that he was going to "drain the swamp". What part of the swamp did he drain? What part of Mexico paid for the wall? Trade wars are easy? Health Care insurance is easy? All lies. No, he simply installed his own cronies, his own family members (while investigating nepotism with Biden), assigning world peace to ...Jared. Like seriously? And you think Jared has zero conflicts of interests, zero business dealings that could benefit from these relationships that the UNITED STATES has with all these countries? It was all a lie. He saw how corrupt they were but he wasn't mad. He was jealous... And he saw how the system could work ...for him.

Eddie Murphy did a movie a long time ago about politics that everyone needs to see... twice. It's funny but also sad and depressing because it tells the truth. Watch this movie and you'll understand (maybe...probably) why I think Trump is like Palpatine.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349575 by

ZealotX wrote: Eddie Murphy did a movie a long time ago about politics that everyone needs to see... twice. It's funny but also sad and depressing because it tells the truth. Watch this movie and you'll understand (maybe...probably) why I think Trump is like Palpatine.

The trailer looks super corny, but ill give it a watch. There is another film series that actually has a lot to say on the issuesof politics, race and white supremacy:

"You refer to us as 'alien,' and the Princess calls us 'nonhuman.' Why are we defined by you and in comparison to you?"
–Borsk Fey’lya

Humanocentrism was the tendency to view the galaxy from the perspective of a human majority. Humanocentrism was pervasive and in many cases, subconscious. It was the source for the Human use of the term “alien” to describe nonhuman species and in some cases tended towards nonhuman speciesism.

Although Humanocentrism was technically outlawed by the Rights Of Sentience in the Galactic Constitution which insisted on the equality of all sentient beings regardless of their ethnicity and national origin *cough* I mean species, anti-alien sentiment still very much existed throughout the life of the Republic before its fall.

At the time of the foundation of the Galactic Empire there were several active, minority populist groups advocating concepts of Human supremacy. These were quickly assimilated into the Commission of the Preservation of the New Order (COMPNOR) which was developed shortly after the fall of the Galactic Republic and influenced the development of The Human High Culture.
The chief tenet of Human High Culture was that Humans were the only truly intelligent and productive members of any society.

The idea of Humanocentrism reached its peak in the Human High Culture under the reign of the Galactic Empire. Antislavery laws were repealed and legislation legalizing the persecution of aliens was passed. The New Order promoted human supremacy while designating other species as second class citizens if granted citizenship at all with many being subject to outright slavery and genocide.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Humanocentrism
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Speciesism
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Human_High_Culture

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349579 by
Hey just heard, Trump got acquitted! Is this like puxatony Phil? 4 more years of boarder wall!

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi