multi-dimensional physics thread (for Gisteron) ;-)

More
4 years 2 months ago #349145 by Br. John
Heat is an idea if I believe it is. I'm going by what you've said in previous posts. Just like everything is alive if you believe it is. Water is alive. Right?

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349152 by
No its not because its a part of this reality. Its tangeable not esoteric.

More
4 years 2 months ago #349155 by Br. John

Fyxe wrote: No its not because its a part of this reality. Its tangeable not esoteric.

Water is tangible. It's part of this reality. We can measure it. You've said it's alive if you believe it is. Are you changing your position?

Heat is whatever I believe it is. Whatever I say it is. Everything is heat.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Rex

More
4 years 2 months ago #349196 by Adder
How do you kill water, heat!? How do you kill an idea... not have a memory of it, hence the only residual is probably the heat emitted from forgetting it... simple ey?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349200 by

Br. John wrote:

Fyxe wrote: No its not because its a part of this reality. Its tangeable not esoteric.

Water is tangible. It's part of this reality. We can measure it. You've said it's alive if you believe it is. Are you changing your position?

Heat is whatever I believe it is. Whatever I say it is. Everything is heat.

Yes water is tangeable. So is humans. both already exist in this reality. thinking the water is alive is an idea that may not exist as part of this but it exists as an idea and that idea has to be somewhere. so wherever that is water is alive.

More
4 years 2 months ago #349201 by Rex
What makes water and physics, but not heat esoteric?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
4 years 2 months ago #349205 by Gisteron
Heat is measurable (-ish), but not tangible, any more than light or electric current is or motion is. If tangibility is what makes the difference between the physical and the esoteric, then "a lot of" physics actually turns out esoteric and non-physical.

Meanwhile thoughts - and so stands to reason ideas, too - do correspond to chemical conditions in the brain and pretty much only abstractions designed to organize them otherwise. Granted, chemical conditions or processes are still not tangible, but in much the same way as heat also is.

A bit of a weird criterion, this one about tangibility. "If I can't touch it, it's not physical" is normally something you'd hear come from caricatures and parodies of various kinds of non-believers, and the occasional ten-year-old who never talked about it seriously with someone who understands more of it than them.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349228 by
This is the realm of consciousness which is different than the physical realm. I can experience things in the physical objectively but I can only experience things in the consciousness subjectively. An idea is a thing that exists only subjectively until it might be pulled into the physical objective realm. Until that happens the thought is still existing subjectively as possibility. This is the very quantum state of possibility where water both lives and doesnt live.

More
4 years 2 months ago #349230 by Gisteron
Except, of course, thoughts are still chemical states - or at least correspond to them so strongly that to make the distinction is hard to justify if we are to focus on the physical like we might in a physics thread.

Anyway, what does "exist subjectively as possibility" mean, anyway? And what are you referring to when you speak of "the very quantum state of possibility"?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 2 months ago #349233 by

Anyway, what does "exist subjectively as possibility" mean, anyway?

The possibility of existence all physical things existed firstly in subjective Universe (mind).
I know you don't want to hear it because this is physical thread after all.
But if you take God which isn't physical entity/Force, than it has to be mental intelligence, which created all visible things.
As one of Hermetic law says that Universe is mental.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi