How do jedi view alcohol?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347419 by
How do jedi view alcohol? was created by
So I'm wondering how jedi view alcohol? Good thing bad thing? Do you like partaking? Getting drunk? Partying? Blitzed? How have your views changed over the years? Do you drink daily or not at all? Ever use it in a medicinal way, like take a few drinks before going out just to face a public event or something like that? Do you get together with friends and just have fun and drink till the bar closes or do you do the sewing circle with tea? Lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #347420 by Carlos.Martinez3
I drink. I will always partake. I'm a old bartender. I have a blast drinking and singing till its time to stop. I have a blast when I'm sober as well. Equally. I can mix and drink the best. Most nights now a days I'm home with the kids by the fire playing board games. On occasion the wife and I do cheers and invite the brother over for a six-er or two. For the most part we don't have the free time like we used to now that we have kids and our dynamic and landscape aren't what they used to be. I like a good shot. I like a good beer- I'll drop a good shot in a good beer or even a bad shot in a bad beer any day. In my travels and "practice" by that I mean drinking practice- I've grown a fondness for tequila and tequila flavors as well as good vodka. That's just preference.

Truthfully, I've been hammered and even fed the fish. I don't recommend it, it kinda hurt and wasn't fun afterwards but- personal preference as well. I don't baby sit people but then I don't often drink with folk who can't - please excuse the phrase but "can't hold their own" on either side of the bottle- too sick or loose sight of reality- that part was never fun for me. Pass around a bottle around a fire or a mug and begin singing and I'm yours till we quit. Count on me to bring you home every time - but it will be your choice the quality you return.
Other than that its a balance very day. At a few times in my life alcohol was one of the key factors of direction and attention. Not so much now but I will say this- I got a lil' green book with many drink recipes over time and place as well as toasts and songs I won't want to forget! CHEERS!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym,

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #347422 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
My "Official" view, from a philsophical/Jedi standpoint is that it is an evil drink and no matter how you slice it, no good comes of it.

Edit: Evil is the wrong word, there is not real moral or ethical reason not to consume alcohol (or use it for it's many other uses)

But, from a practical standpoint, there are few, if any, good reasons to use it as a drug.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
4 years 4 months ago #347423 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
I accept alcohol if it's offered, and I've learned to keep beer on hand and mix a good Bloody Mary to be an accommodating host, but I seldom go out of my way to drink and never get intoxicated (these days). Alcohol tends to cloud my judgement, and I'm not a fan of hangovers, but there is nothing wrong with light social drinking.

At the end of the day, alcohol is a drug that can negatively influence families and individuals. To a lesser extent, so is sugar. All drugs have a time and place where they can be used responsibly, and that decision is up to the individual.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
4 years 4 months ago #347428 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/122927-alcohol?start=0

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
4 years 4 months ago #347464 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
Of course, what I believe, and what I do, are not always the same thing - I am too intoxicated to successfully eat chips and dip, I will have a restless night, and will be dehydrated and have a wicked headache tomorrow.

I don't consider myself better than any other junkie, but for some reason, the rest of society and the government, is more than happy to let me ruin myself on this vice (and almost no other)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 4 months ago #347468 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
I drink in moderation, fairly frequently. Usually gin, but often whiskey in the winter. I seldom get drunk though. I know my limit and I know when to stop.

Alcohol is like almost anything else in life, don't over indulge in it, don't abuse it, and everything will be fine

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Skryym

More
4 years 4 months ago #347469 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic How do jedi view alcohol?

Brick wrote: I drink in moderation, fairly frequently. Usually gin, but often whiskey in the winter. I seldom get drunk though. I know my limit and I know when to stop.

Alcohol is like almost anything else in life, don't over indulge in it, don't abuse it, and everything will be fine

I pictured you as drinking a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred type of guy.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
4 years 4 months ago #347472 by Carlos.Martinez3
*one of my bucket list things is to sip tequila with Brick and chat drink with him.

Maybe even meet all those folk over there as well.!!! What a day that will be - won’t be able to take the smile off this guy. If ya hadn’t guessed it I am an old bartender but I can chat drink all day and night. That’s just me. Gin you say- what’s a better way to take it than with juice? Sorry if I get off topic there. As you can see it’s nothing shy of anything for me really to chat about - life is full of a lot of things - I like em all- some lore than others - some I got more experience in. Keep seeking Jedi and May the force continue to be with y’all! Every where y’all seek it !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #347477 by
Replied by on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
I don't drink just because I don't like the taste of alcohol drinks. When I have a holiday dinner with my family, I usually have not more than a half of a wineglass, because drinking more than this amount of alcohol is like a torture for me, but all attempts not to drink at all lead to conflicts with my family. The only alcohol drink I accept is low-alchohol aromatic beer, mostly lemon and cherry.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi