Reincarnation

More
19 Jan 2020 02:30 - 19 Jan 2020 02:32 #348541 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Reincarnation

forceuser wrote:

Malicious wrote: I heard a story from a old rabbi that originally there was a set amount of souls that God had created and one day all the souls where used up so an angel had an ingenious idea to split a soul in two . Eventually with the rise in population the number of people living grew to where they had to do it seven times to every soul and that's why there are seven people around the world that looks like you . I think this fits in to this reincarnation subject . Personally I don't hold much truth in this wisetail but food for thought I guess .




I don't know anything either . I've read in scripture where G-d told Moses to make a menorah only for the temple and it was to have 7 candle holders to represent his 7 spirits.

I also heard a story from a rabbi when we come to this Earth to pass through the matrix we make a promise not to remember where we been.
More food for thought.
I don't know and don't have any personal comments.


The original menorah was
A.) Not mentioned to do anything with 7 spirits (and nothing outside of Kabbalah says that)
B.) Not a candle holder
C.) Not for the temple because the temple didn't exist at that time

We don't remember where we've been because memory functions develop over time (most people can't remember anything from before they were 5).

You can find a Rabbi to say just about anything, so that doesn't lend the idea any credence

Malicious, wouldn't that mean there are 13 other people like you? Also this sounds like a pure ripoff of a story in Plato's symposium where Zeus chopped the original people in half and we're all looking for our counterparts

Fyxe, I earlier said I guessed there was an 85% chance forceuser was being cheeky, which he apparently isn't; hence in the other 15%

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Currently Apprenticeless
TM: Carlos Martinez
ὁ δὲ ἀμυχηδόν νεξέταστος βίος γίγνομαι βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
Last edit: 19 Jan 2020 02:32 by Rex. Reason: Answer fyxe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 03:01 #348543 by Fyxe
Replied by Fyxe on topic Reincarnation
7 spirits are the 7 worlds above reality. its all poetic interpretation in the terms. the matrix refers to the process of ascending the worlds through choice. Its actually quite a complicated process.

A true teacher would never tell you what to do. But he would give you the knowledge with which you could decide what would be best for you to do

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 09:38 #348546 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Reincarnation

Fyxe wrote: 7 spirits are the 7 worlds above reality.

What isn't, though? If I give you seven spirits, it's the seven worlds above. If I give you the eight chakras, it's this world, and the seven above. If I give you ten or eleven dimensions in string theory, you'll make three or four to be space or space-time respectively, and the remaining seven will be the ones above. Name me a number there is any association with something vaguely unintuitive that you couldn't squeeze into this pre-drawn conclusion of yours? I bet if there was some coupling of five things, one could spin some natural ying-yang dichotomy onto it just to make it seven, just so as to make it fit once more with this pet theory.


its all poetic interpretation in the terms. the matrix refers to the process of ascending the worlds through choice. Its actually quite a complicated process.

Oh, so that's what it refers to, is it... And what is this complicated process like, then? Why would they refer to it as "matrix" also? Who would you go on to blame for the profoundly poor word choice, seeing as matrix in just about every other context refers to a grid-like arrangement of objects all drawn from the same field, like

But yea, seeing as you know a thing or two - or at any rate enough to find it "actually quite complicated" - about this process, would you care to share with us lay folk?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 10:28 #348547 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Reincarnation
Nah, matrix is more about birth.. from Latin mātrīx (“dam, womb”), in these contexts at least IMO.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 15:17 #348549 by forceuser
Replied by forceuser on topic Reincarnation
The matrix is referred to as the womb

If you're looking to find what's wrong with everybody you will find it.
if you look at just one sentence , or paragraph you may lose the whole meaning unless you read the whole book and many other books.

Just a simple question What was the color of the 10 commandments the Lord 1st gave to Moses.

Hint if you've only read one sentence or verse I'm sure you're going to miss it.

Dig deeper you'll easily find the answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 16:59 #348551 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Reincarnation
Is the word matrix used in the Bible ? Which version? Care to share a bit more ?

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 17:10 #348552 by forceuser
Replied by forceuser on topic Reincarnation
Look up in the King James Bible Exodus 13 :12 I believe that's the 1st time it's mentioned it's mentioned another handful of times but it's been many years since i looked it up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 17:30 - 19 Jan 2020 17:34 #348553 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Reincarnation
English I haven't studied for quite as long as Latin (definitely do use it more, though, for better or for worse), but I'm not aware of any usage of the word "womb" to refer to "the process of ascending the worlds through choice" either, though I'll happily stand corrected. Why an English translation would employ Latin words instead of their English counterparts in the first place, let alone ones that rarely translate to the intended ones, which in turn are possibly never used to refer to the actual thing that is allegedly likely close to what the authors meant is likewise a mystery to me. Or it would be, if antiquated English translations were the only ones at our avail. Even later KJV derived translations make the effort to use "womb" or the respectively appropriate terms in those places instead.


Sure, if we look for a specific meaning, we can twist and bend the words and their usage and the usage of the translation of the words and reinterpret the already ridiculously garbled result just enough to get the thing we wanted to hear in the first place. That point is made.


Perhaps soon we'll learn more details of this actually quite complicated process - if worthy of such knowledge or something, that is - and what it has to do with matrices that may or may not be wombs but at any rate and by what ever translation a reference to the process.

Last edit: 19 Jan 2020 17:34 by Gisteron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 20:18 - 19 Jan 2020 20:19 #348561 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Reincarnation
On Matrix- since etymology has made its way into the discussion, I ran a search using the BlueLetterBible Comparative Lexicons.

In Hebrew it is “rechem” (translates as “matrix” 5x and “womb” 21x)
The corresponding Septuagint reference in every time “matrix” is mentioned is “ mḗtra” (womb) which has its root in “mḗtēr” meaning “mother”. Clearly the word is intended as “womb”.

7 Spirits:
There are various theories on what the 7 spirits are, but no one is for sure. It’s an obscure reference in Revelation that is repeated no where else in the Bible. Seven is a common number in the Bible, it doesn’t mean there is an intent to have 7 of everything. 12 is also a common number on the Bible too, and so is 3. I can see a need to create the idea of 7 doppelgängers, when you all finally merge you become a spiritual whole- but it’s not supported by Jewish tradition.

“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:27‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Last edit: 19 Jan 2020 20:19 by Alethea Thompson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 20:54 - 19 Jan 2020 21:36 #348562 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Reincarnation
I reckon each level is born of the proceeding one. I'd guess neuro/psychotheonomy, as people's minds adapt to some nature of transformative experiences. A belief or theory of the living about the dead.... derived from experiences in dying probably (or 'visions' speaking to it).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 19 Jan 2020 21:36 by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick