How did you choose your totjo name and why ?

More
4 years 5 months ago #346139 by Rex
I have no idea why I chose Rex ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malicious

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346150 by
My Jedi name draws from the roots of my spiritual leanings discovered after I emerged from a walk through agnosticism for a time.

"Om" is the Hindu primordial sound- the sound that is said to contain all other vibration in the universe.

"Hu" is the equivalent mantra used in the Sufi and Sant Mat traditions.

"Cuspor" hearkens back to a time many years back when I embraced New Age beliefs. I'd come to perceive that we were on the gateway, or "cusp", of entry into a heightened sense of global awareness, wisdom, and compassion. Reality as it has unfolded since then has polished away most of that expectation, but the vision is still a pleasant one for me even if it should unfold millenia from now.

More
4 years 5 months ago #346175 by Skryym
Back in 2011, my father kept telling me about this "awesome new movie" coming out called "Skryym". He was, of course, referring to the Skyrim trailer, both mispronouncing the name and misinterpreting the trailer. I liked the name and ended up using it for a group of monks in a book I was writing.

So if I'm being honest, Skryym is based on a man's fumbling over a video game title and a teenager's ridiculous fantasy. I tried to change it once... that was a mistake. It appears the universe wants me to remain Skryym in the Jedi world.

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
TM: Loudzoo
Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal | Skryym's 2022 IP Journal |
B.Div Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Malicious

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi