How did you choose your totjo name and why ?

More
11 Nov 2019 01:13 #345374 by Malicious
Personally I find it rather interesting how many unique names everyone uses in the temple . I found myself wondering how did one think of or choose their name to go by on here . Me personally Darth Maul was one of my favorite character from Star wars especially in rebels , someone said on a star wars forum that they thought that Maul was short for Malicious which is a synonym for evil . When I first created my account on here I was thinking of a name to go by and the thought came up to just go by malicious to pay homage to one of my favorite characters . But now the name I go by means more to me than just paying respect a character , it's sort of like a oath one makes with themselves . The oath I have decided to go with is the one that the doctor took : Never cruel nor cowardly , Never give up , Never give in .

=_= Malicious (+_+)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Kelrax Lorcken, CaesarEJW, Jake Nislan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2019 02:24 #345376 by Kelrax Lorcken
eh, quite frankly, mine came from a random "star wars name" generator... I think I even shared a link, early on, but, that's the whole story ^_^U the name felt like a good fit, and I had no trouble remembering it.

Kelrax "Stormcaller" Lorcken, Jedi Navigator
May The Force Guide You
www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Jo...-stormcaller?start=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Rex, Malicious, CaesarEJW, Jake Nislan

More
11 Nov 2019 05:33 #345383 by Sinistra
My name sounds like a bit Sith-like, and a few pointed out for already but it doesn't really have any significance to me. Sinistra was simply my favourite character from the anime 'Kiddy Grade' and liked his name too so I took it on as a Jedi name. So I use it on every Jedi forum/Order I registered to
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Malicious, CaesarEJW

More
11 Nov 2019 05:46 #345384 by CaesarEJW
I use my real name.
Caesar E.J.W. (Elias Jackson-Winfrey)

“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.” - Alan Watts
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Malicious

More
11 Nov 2019 05:50 #345385 by CaesarEJW

CaesarEJW wrote: I use my real name.
Caesar E.J.W. (Elias Jackson-Winfrey)

Now who wants my Social Security #, card #, and security question answers? :lol:

“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.” - Alan Watts

More
11 Nov 2019 10:59 #345389 by Jake Nislan
Mine came from a Jedi name variant I found on the internet, I used my Mothers name and City of birth which makes Jake and my first and last name which makes Nislan. It sounded cool to me so I decided to go with it.

Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without a passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see
There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death
The force is in all things and I am the force

More
11 Nov 2019 15:23 - 11 Nov 2019 15:32 #345400 by J. K. Barger
I jut used my real name, first and middle initial, and my last name. I rocked the J. K. way before Rowling, and I'm stickin' to it B)

Seriously though, my intent was to keep an open, honest, and consistent record of myself and my Path. I would imagine there being difficulties with using an alias, but then again, there might be some benefits..

But on a side-note, I love the generator formula!

(last name/ first name) + (Mother's maiden name/city of birth)

It's wildly funny and creative to ruminate over 'what someone's "Jedi Name" would sound like'!
I've done it with so many- wondering what Jesus' Jedi Name would sound like, or the Buddha's, or saint's names, or pagan ancestors, or even historical figures.

When "working" a name, I try to use the first three letters, or first syllable, and play around with them, changing the stress or spacing. Sometimes I'll switch I, J, and Y's, or double up on an A, or throw a ' somewhere to give it little flavor :woohoo:

It might be weird, but I see it as an example of indulging into the mythos and adding an almost bhakti or "devotional" element to it.

Often the Path can be more than logical or physical, but it can have an element of feeling and emotion like joy, dedication, or love in there too. Heck, I'd almost say it'd be unbalanced if something like that was in there..

Even the Code acknowledges the role of Emotion upon the Jedi Path, so it's something to ponder...

As long as you are coming from a space filled with that, even something as apparent and mundane as a name can have the power to open and broaden your connection to the Force.

Anyways, I'll quit rambling. :silly:

Choose well, and may the Force be with you :)

The Force is with you, always.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2019 15:32 by J. K. Barger. Reason: Inclusivity
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinistra, Carlos.Martinez3, Malicious

Moderators: KobosBrick