Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 2 months ago #358052 by
Interesting I follow politics as a hobby, I'm nor sure if I could agree that we (those who believe in the Force) can agree with that sentiment. The Force moves Trump (and his rhetoric) the way the Force moves us all. He pushes and we bend. It's not our purgative to try and push back. The Force won't move for us, we move as the Force designed us to. So can you be a Jedi AND a Trump supporter? Yes, you can.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #358056 by Rex
So in your understanding, are there any beliefs or expressions thereof which are incompatible with Jediism?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
3 years 2 months ago #358057 by Zero
I’m gonna correct you on this one Rickyd....we all still have free will....including Donald trump. Your above statement implies that Donald trump more or less is the force. Trump chooses to do the things he does.....he’s not made to do so by the force, just like every choice you make is YOUR choice. The force isn’t the all controlling entity that makes people do at it wishes. Even in the Star Wars movies that isn’t the case. The emporer does as he wishes just as yoda does as he wishes.

I think you may need to take a step back, and rethink what’s reality and what your getting from movies. Mabye re read our welcome page and decide if this temple is what you seem to think it is.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, ZealotX, Jake Nislan

More
3 years 2 months ago #358066 by Kwitshadie
Controlling Entity? That would make for an interesting Fanfic.
Anyways, I’m sure Trump had good intentions; bringing back jobs into the small towns. However, his execution and responses could’ve been more humane; regardless if Obama started it or not.
It was sure a cringe backfire to see Qanon storming the capital.

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zero, Jake Nislan

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #358067 by OB1Shinobi

RickyD704 wrote: Interesting I follow politics as a hobby, I'm nor sure if I could agree that we (those who believe in the Force) can agree with that sentiment. The Force moves Trump (and his rhetoric) the way the Force moves us all. He pushes and we bend. It's not our purgative to try and push back. The Force won't move for us, we move as the Force designed us to. So can you be a Jedi AND a Trump supporter? Yes, you can.

If the Force moves Trump the way that it moves us all then isnt it also true that the Force is moving "us all" who disagree with Trump?
Why is it a Trump's supporters prerogative to bolster this person who I have come to see as detestable and treacherous to America but it is not just as equally my prerogative to oppose him? If the Force is moving us all then maybe we need to understand that being moved is not the same thing as being right.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZealotX, Zero, Jake Nislan, Kira

More
3 years 2 months ago #358076 by Jake Nislan
Hmm.. I’ve been absent for awhile but I have been lurking in this thread since politics are something that keeps me occupied every now and then.

I may have a bias as a left-leaning person but I think we can conclude cautiously that it’s near impossible to support Trump policies as a Jedi, it seems building walls and division rhetoric aka “we are better than you”- mentality is not in line with the more interconnected principles of the Jedi doctrine. But I think it’s a definite no since the Trump cult tried to overthrow the democracy Jedi are supposed to uphold to pursue some fascist dream.

The force is an interesting argument, IMO it moves everyone to be the person they are but it’s neither wrong or right, it just is. Using it as reasoning as to not oppose Trump is like saying rebels couldn’t fight the empire because the force moved it to be that way.

Flowing through all, there is balance
There is no peace without a passion to create
There is no passion without peace to guide
Knowledge stagnates without the strength to act
Power blinds without the serenity to see

There is freedom in life
There is purpose in death

The force is in all things and I am the force

- Novice of Temple of The Jedi Order

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZealotX

More
3 years 2 months ago #358086 by rugadd
The Force isn't a separate thing. We are all a part of it. By that virtue, we are one person. If I am my fingernail, I am the sun, and I am You. It isn't one entity controlling another, it is a 'happening" that involves everything and the nothing that defines it.

rugadd

More
3 years 2 months ago #358090 by ZealotX

rugadd wrote: The Force isn't a separate thing. We are all a part of it. By that virtue, we are one person. If I am my fingernail, I am the sun, and I am You. It isn't one entity controlling another, it is a 'happening" that involves everything and the nothing that defines it.

Truth. And if your body has an itch, there is a reaction to send a signal to move another body part to scratch that itch.

So the Force isn't making a decision to be black, white, or grey. The force is always in conflict between positive and negative, whichever wins, is nearly the opposite of whichever direction the Force currently leans as it seeks to balance itself.

The movement of Trump to the right naturally triggers a movement to the left. Therefore, extremists on the right should blame themselves on how the country will react. An extreme only wins if time stops at the very moment of their winning. Since time passes on the extreme only finds temporary relief until the balance shifts.

This is why no "prophecy of the one" should be viewed from the perspective on an extreme because it could be the opposite extreme.

But I wouldn't call everything "JEDI".

By socialization, indoctrination, spiritual mutation, etc. the pathway of the person is chosen by them. Seeking power to become its master is the dark side. Therefore you can have "DARK JEDI" and Jedi whose ideologies and value fall more in line with the SITH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi