Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

More
03 Dec 2019 01:08 #346621 by Br. John

DEBUNKING FALSE STORIES
Falsehoods About Family Separations Linger Online
By Angelo Fichera

Posted on August 27, 2019

Quick Take
A viral social media post falsely claims that former President Barack Obama “separated” many more children at the border than President Donald Trump.

www.factcheck.org/2019/08/falsehoods-abo...tions-linger-online/

According to the Arabic proverb, there are no such things as a Phoenix, a Ghoul, or a True Bosom Friend, but I say to you that I found them all among my neighbors. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2019 01:37 #346626 by Malicious
Okay I will gladly admit that I was wrong on one part of my previous post that I stated in Obama era there was more child separation and detention than trump era . Yes we have numbers on how many were separated under trump , No we don't have accurate numbers for child separation under Obama which I do find kinda weird . Yes is the trump era child separation is a thing and yes it was a thing as well in the Obama administration too . Yes the children are being taken away from government detention centers and placed in custody of HHS but I know they are being separated but my argument still stands : If i did a crime and had kids , and those kids didn't have a legal family members to take them then they too would be taken to HHS or social services . So I would expect the exact same treatment for illegal immigrants who done a crime . And yes personally I think open boarders is a bad idea . No I am not apart of the trump cult . If there was a Democrat who is trustworthy with the ideals I believe in I would vote for them instead but sadly that hasn't happened yet .

=_= Malicious (+_+)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
03 Dec 2019 01:45 - 03 Dec 2019 01:46 #346628 by OB1Shinobi
There is still that one tiny little detail that there are laws that people are supposed to follow in order to immigrate into the country, legally. Maybe they should, like, do that. I think we should reform the law, but i also think we should enforce whatever laws we have.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down in order to feel it’s warmth.
-supposedly an African proverb.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2019 01:46 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Malicious

More
03 Dec 2019 02:21 #346631 by Rex
So for people who want to maintain immigration crimes are a viable offense, how do you think enforcement should work?
Currently, juveniles without eligible guardians in the US are temporary wards of the state and need housing. They can't be kept with an adult population legally. Do you think that separating families as such is reasonable in this sense, or is there a better way of housing them while their case/action is pending.

IP Team Lead
TM: Carlos Martinez
ὁ δὲ ἀμυχηδόν νεξέταστος βίος γίγνομαι βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

More
03 Dec 2019 02:41 #346634 by Malicious
Yes I think this is the right thing to do . Maybe the government can make a sort of dormitory near the detention centers for those illegal immigrant children so they can visit there family and have housing but right now I don't think that the government would do such a thing because again they are stuck on partisan politics and won't reach across the aisle a put a way there differences .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

More
03 Dec 2019 20:02 #346673 by Br. John

Malicious wrote: Listen a little , who we vote for doesn't mean we can or cannot be a Jedi . We have the right to vote for who ever we think is best fit for what office they run for . Yes Donald Trump is corrupt and so is Hillary Clinton . Trump is hiding his tax returns and Hillary is hiding the fact that she deleted 30,000 emails that would of convicted her for a number of reasons . Personally I think Trump is the lesser of two evils here and I support Trump because he is actually doing exactly what he ran on instead of other Democrats who he will face in 2020 , those Democrats have went back on there campaign promises and promised or are promising things they can't possibly do . So ya I'mma vote for him in 2020 . Look at the failures of the fictional Jedi they focused on politics too much and doomed themselves as well as there order let's not do the same . Yes you can be a Trump supporter and be a Jedi , I am proof of that and if anyone says otherwise then they are wrong and if they say I am any less of a Jedi than the next guy then infact they are also wrong . By all means think what you like and vote how you want without the constant thought of being judged because if someone judges you for doing so then they are the ones who need to be judged . We are a sacred temple and are suppose to be a safe space . If you judge someone by the way they vote then please refrain from picking on that person . Personally my older brother is voting for Colonel Sanders for 2020 by all means be like my brother and vote the way you want not the way you are told to .

What would you say Trump is doing that he ran on?

We don't know who the Democratic nominee is yet but lets assume it's Biden, Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, or Bloomberg. What campaign promises have they gone back on and which ones are impossible?

I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet. How are you so confident you know who you want to vote for when we don't know who is running, there is almost an entire year before the election, and you have not seen the debates among whomever the nominees are?

I know curiosity killed the cat (but satisfaction brought him back), yet I'm so curious. These are powerful statements you make but no specifics. I can't help but feel there are interesting things there but not a single specific detail.

According to the Arabic proverb, there are no such things as a Phoenix, a Ghoul, or a True Bosom Friend, but I say to you that I found them all among my neighbors. ~ Kahlil Gibran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
04 Dec 2019 01:49 #346681 by Malicious
Okay Trump ran on building the wall which is being built even though most Democrats not all but most tried to stop this , tax reductions which he did , more jobs which he did , lowered the unimplemented numbers especially with minorities , crack down on illegal immigration which he did and a few other things that I can't remember . I'm sorry but to the best of my terrible memory I forgotten which candidates I was talking about that in the past went back or did not fulfill their campaign promises . www.google.com/amp/s/amp.economist.com/u...-they-cannot-deliver

Most of the campaign promises that most of the Democrats running for president in 2020 can't be fufilled like Medicare for all , free college , adding a bunch new justices for the supreme Court ect . First of just a lone the Medicare for all would have a big negative impact on the economy and would make healthcare itself terrible possibly way worse . What kind of doctor that makes a six figure income would go for a plan that makes them only have a five figure income and if they do go for it then the doctors won't have much of a ascentive do it right or good for the matter .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

More
04 Dec 2019 06:15 #346703 by Malicious
Sorry typo unemployment numbers for minorities .

=_= Malicious (+_+)

More
04 Dec 2019 06:38 - 04 Dec 2019 06:52 #346706 by CaesarEJW
The real question is, does any of this matter?
This problem of fixing the world presents two very different paths to tread.
(either path is acceptable)
(to best understand this, think of it as abstractly/symbolically/Jungian as possible)

I like to call it the swimmer vs the floater.

The one who takes action and fights an external battle vs the one who stays in their little bubble and fights an internal battle.

That of the avenger, the fighter of truth and justice.
Or that of the monk, the sage, the mindful man on the hill, watching the weather change.

The first has the amazing quality of passion and righteousness, of fighting the good fight to mold the world into something better, STRIVING TO ACTUALIZE THE UNTAPPED INHERENT POTENTIAL BUBBLING BENEATH OUR REALITY!
And he has truth (or what his naturally-biased internal ideology deems as truth).

But so does that old peaceful fellow on the hill.
And you might say his truth is truer, as he more readily possesses something the other will always struggle to obtain.
Peace. True, deep, sigh-of-content peace and happiness.
Why? Because he does not worry superfluously.

So, who are you?
Are you one to sacrifice yourself for the world?
Or are you one to sacrifice the world for yourself?

“Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.” - Alan Watts
Last edit: 04 Dec 2019 06:52 by CaesarEJW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omhu Cuspor, OB1Shinobi

More
04 Dec 2019 15:35 #346732 by Fyxe

CaesarEJW wrote:
So, who are you?
Are you one to sacrifice yourself for the world?
Or are you one to sacrifice the world for yourself?
[/b]

Thats like asking someone if they are going to heaven or hell, but what if neither place exists?

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.

Moderators: KobosBrick