Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

More
27 Nov 2019 23:22 #346354 by Dakini

OB1Shinobi wrote: Several people who I am close to voted for Trump and these were their reasons:

1) Hillary sucks
1a: she is a pro-war
1b: the Clinton Foundation is corrupt, as are the Clintons.
1c: its possible that she and Bill assisted the Chinese in unethical ways which have negative impacts on America
1d: her culpability in the Benghazi attack

2) Trump is genuine about who he is and he represents an alternative to the status quo

3) America needs immigration laws and if we have them, we need to enforce them

4) Trump is a successful business man who has the experience and insight to improve our economy

5) The social justice retards are wreaking havoc with their regressive movements and socially destructive ideas

I dont care that you can "bust" some of these "myths" - true or not, these are the reasons that many people voted for Trump. Please not that none of them (including the point on immigration) involve hating brown people

Yes, you can be Jedi if you voted for Trump. More importantly, you can be a good person even if your opinion isnt in line with the far-left's virtue signaling witch-hunts and inter-sectionalist propaganda.



*round of applause* Way to go, OB1Shinobi. THAT is my opinion...
speaking of corruption... Arkanside (the suicide rate of anti-Clinton people in Arkansas, all ruled suicide)…

Padme Dakini
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Malicious

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2019 23:56 #346358 by Carlos.Martinez3
I can be a modern day Jeddist and vote for who I like. It’s called balance. I found it - yup - I made it. If I did - any one can.
What scares me more is blind hate.
Think about that - in such a typical discussion as politics - blind hate rules -
Politics cool -
Hurting people and hating people for choices ... not my cup of tea.
Most modern day Jeddist have a hard time with letting others make choices that didn’t agree with or are even their our own. Sounds like something from a dark side from a galaxy far far away! But this is today 2019 ... maybe we can feed the sick and help others - or not because they vote a certain way... isn’t that what a modern day Jeddist ... is aware of?

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, Malicious

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2019 01:21 - 28 Nov 2019 02:17 #346368 by OB1Shinobi

Dakini wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Several people who I am close to voted for Trump and these were their reasons:

1) Hillary sucks
1a: she is a pro-war
1b: the Clinton Foundation is corrupt, as are the Clintons.
1c: its possible that she and Bill assisted the Chinese in unethical ways which have negative impacts on America
1d: her culpability in the Benghazi attack

2) Trump is genuine about who he is and he represents an alternative to the status quo

3) America needs immigration laws and if we have them, we need to enforce them

4) Trump is a successful business man who has the experience and insight to improve our economy

5) The social justice retards are wreaking havoc with their regressive movements and socially destructive ideas

I dont care that you can "bust" some of these "myths" - true or not, these are the reasons that many people voted for Trump. Please not that none of them (including the point on immigration) involve hating brown people

Yes, you can be Jedi if you voted for Trump. More importantly, you can be a good person even if your opinion isnt in line with the far-left's virtue signaling witch-hunts and inter-sectionalist propaganda.



*round of applause* Way to go, OB1Shinobi. THAT is my opinion...
speaking of corruption... Arkanside (the suicide rate of anti-Clinton people in Arkansas, all ruled suicide)…


Thank you for your kind words. In the interest of being forthright, i have to explain that i dont much care for Trump. I think he is a narcissist and a bit of a buffoon and i do believe that he abuses his power well into the point that its fair to call him “corrupt”. I also dont see him as being any less “status quo” than anyone else: hes a business man and he is going to use his influence to help his and his peer groups business interests just as much as any other politician ever has.

My post was written because i am frustrated with todays leftists who have abandoned some of the basic principles of liberalism in favor of their own “progressive” models of bigotry. Models based on the same demarcations of race, sex, sexuality, social class and gender expression that the traditional bigots use. These people seem absolutely crazy to me and they insist on pushing the narrative that Trump won the election because pale skinned people in America want to oppress darker skinned people. Its bad enough that that they seem to think that “because shes a woman” is a valid reason to elect someone as president. In addition, progressives fail to understand how a reasonable, moral person might honestly believe that their country needs to have a process to control the flow of immigration and that people who try to slip past that process ought to be caught and deported, not because they hate brown people but because they arent completely naive about national security and they appreciate the fairness of giving precedence to those immigrants who respect the system and play by the rules.

I wont accuse Trump of being a racist but he definitely knows that a serious chunk of his support comes from that sector and i believe he deliberately panders to them.

I do believe the Clintons are corrupt and i dont want Hillary in office. Like; NOT AT ALL. I dont think shes better than Trump, i think she is just horrible in different ways. But i also recognize that the right has built a huge engine of anti-clinton propaganda that is not at all trustworthy. This is why you have to grasp the meaning and reality of nuance. You have to overcome “either/or” type thinking (either the right is lying about hillary OR she is a gokd candidate: no - the right is lying about her AND she is a horrible candidate) and you must understand that both sides are lying about themselves and about each other and that we have to put everything they say under a microscope.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down in order to feel it’s warmth.
-supposedly an African proverb.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 02:17 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Omhu Cuspor, Kobos, Rex, Malicious

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 15:03 #346583 by ZealotX

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Dakini wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Several people who I am close to voted for Trump and these were their reasons:

1) Hillary sucks
1a: she is a pro-war
1b: the Clinton Foundation is corrupt, as are the Clintons.
1c: its possible that she and Bill assisted the Chinese in unethical ways which have negative impacts on America
1d: her culpability in the Benghazi attack

2) Trump is genuine about who he is and he represents an alternative to the status quo

3) America needs immigration laws and if we have them, we need to enforce them

4) Trump is a successful business man who has the experience and insight to improve our economy

5) The social justice retards are wreaking havoc with their regressive movements and socially destructive ideas

I dont care that you can "bust" some of these "myths" - true or not, these are the reasons that many people voted for Trump. Please not that none of them (including the point on immigration) involve hating brown people

Yes, you can be Jedi if you voted for Trump. More importantly, you can be a good person even if your opinion isnt in line with the far-left's virtue signaling witch-hunts and inter-sectionalist propaganda.


I understand these reasons. A lot of them are caused by propaganda from the right and extreme left. Why? Because Hillary is a moderate, corporate democrat. Is she pro-war? No. Will she vote in favor of a war? Yes. Not the same thing. Is the Clinton foundation corrupt? Probably to some extent, but probably far less so than the Trump foundation where Trump uses other people's money to buy his own portrait. There are ways that rich people often use their money and have lawyers to help them navigate around the legal system. And the rest is just circumstantial based on proximity which is what conspiracy theorists often do. I actually think we, as a nation, have underestimated the destructive influence of conspiracy theories in the US. They take a natural mistrust of power and create narratives to make everyone into an extreme caricature of themselves. And its an industry that needs to keep producing these false narratives to survive and profit. I didn't vote for Hillary but she was the lesser of two evils. I was tired of voting for that so I went with Jill Stein to send a message to the DNC.

If I had 10% of the money Trump was given by his daddy I'd be way more successful than he ever was. It's almost impossible to lose money on a casino! The problem is that people who don't know his real story just assume he's telling them the truth. They see his money and assume it all came from his business savvy. They eat up everything he says because he made them think he was going to represent them because he's upset about illegal immigration. Sadly, a lot of people have this in common with him but for DIFFERENT REASONS. On one hand you have people who are directly competing for jobs, especially construction jobs. And that's a real concern; not the immigrants who work on farms. And Trump knows because he's saved money by hiring a whole bunch of them and so he knows what that does to American workers. He also had a LOT of stuff manufactured in China. So yes, he sees a problem there because he's part of it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 15:04 #346584 by ZealotX
I agree that's a real problem and then you have China knocking off products left and right and slowly getting paid, not just for the manufacturing, but the idea itself. Americans see these real problems as problems that have nothing to do with race but kitchen table economics. And they're not wrong.

HOWEVER... the problem is that there are other forces, USING this conflict, USING these problems. Racists are using these issues to argue that these things are a threat to white society. And whether people buy into their reasons or not it compliments their agenda. This wouldn't be a problem if non-racists are carrying out US policy. However, it IS a problem if racists like (outed racist) Steven Miller are carrying out the policy. Because the fact is, we DO have immigration laws. Just because you have laws doesn't mean people can't brake them or find ways around it. After all, look at Trump's tax returns. Oh that's right.... we can't because he's hiding them. But there's already been reporting about how the Trumps use all kinds of tricks to dodge taxes. There are also laws that Trump has run afoul of in business that are designed to protect Americans. But he has hurt Americans and taken their money and has had to pay in court when caught.

And so a wall was always a dumb idea, now exposed for being a dumb idea because they're already getting through it with basic tools from Home Depot. And seriously... if people are worried about Mexicans taking construction jobs... do they really think a construction project is going to be able to keep them out?!

And because the racists are involved in the policy the legitimate and legal asylum seekers are being treated like criminals. No one is looking at Canadians the same way, and unlike Mexicans, Canadians can apply for and compete for jobs at any and every level. Obama deported a LOT of people. And the facts were that more Mexicans were leaving than coming in. The influx of migrants is due to economic instability in South America. In other words, these are mainly asylum seekers but a lot of people seem to not care what the difference is. I wonder why that is? Canadians aren't fleeing economic instability or drug cartels. Why is no one talking about them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 15:06 #346585 by ZealotX
Everyone isn't thinking about jobs like the average American is. A lot of people are actually thinking about demographics. This includes likely voters for the opposing party. This includes, unfortunately, "Jews will not replace us". All of this stuff is rolled into one force that Trump has used for his own personal gain. Why would he suddenly care about all the Americans he didn't hire because undocumented workers were cheaper? If he cared he could have simply hired Americans regardless of how much enforcement there was against companies caught hiring illegal workers. Because THAT TOO was illegal. 1986. So Trump doesn't care about Americans. He just knew he could use that to get elected. Period. He said what he needed to say and it worked. And then he turned around and gave tax cuts for the rich that would personally help his own bank account.

And that's why he's in trouble now. He doesn't care about the people. He doesn't care about the truth. He doesn't care about our allies. He doesn't even care about democracy. He wants to be king because of the power. And the fact that he is corrupt means that any other corrupt force can use him and his corruption to their own ends. And that's not just Putin. That's China. That's white supremacists. That's big oil interests. That's defense contractors. And the list goes on and on.

Practically any group the Jedi might perceive as a threat are the ones benefiting by and using Trump policies in exchange for personally beneficial side hustles; selling out America. People aren't all able to see this because they are thinking about their own job and they're willing to trade to get protection in that area when the reality is that Mexicans were NEVER the problem.

The problem is that powerful Americans have been using their wealth to take advantage of Americans and America. And they lobby politicians and helped write the globalization strategies that have made them even more rich and powerful. And as they grab more and more money from the economy there is less and less to circulate through everyone else's pockets. And now the new threat is automation and robots. They have been lied to and led to believe that they have to help the rich so that the rich will hire more people. So what are they going to do when Mexicans are "too expensive" to hire? These are market forces. It was always inevitable. This is capitalism. That's the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omhu Cuspor, Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 15:23 #346587 by Malicious
Listen a little , who we vote for doesn't mean we can or cannot be a Jedi . We have the right to vote for who ever we think is best fit for what office they run for . Yes Donald Trump is corrupt and so is Hillary Clinton . Trump is hiding his tax returns and Hillary is hiding the fact that she deleted 30,000 emails that would of convicted her for a number of reasons . Personally I think Trump is the lesser of two evils here and I support Trump because he is actually doing exactly what he ran on instead of other Democrats who he will face in 2020 , those Democrats have went back on there campaign promises and promised or are promising things they can't possibly do . So ya I'mma vote for him in 2020 . Look at the failures of the fictional Jedi they focused on politics too much and doomed themselves as well as there order let's not do the same . Yes you can be a Trump supporter and be a Jedi , I am proof of that and if anyone says otherwise then they are wrong and if they say I am any less of a Jedi than the next guy then infact they are also wrong . By all means think what you like and vote how you want without the constant thought of being judged because if someone judges you for doing so then they are the ones who need to be judged . We are a sacred temple and are suppose to be a safe space . If you judge someone by the way they vote then please refrain from picking on that person . Personally my older brother is voting for Colonel Sanders for 2020 by all means be like my brother and vote the way you want not the way you are told to .

=_= Malicious (+_+)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 16:54 - 02 Dec 2019 16:58 #346593 by ZealotX

Malicious wrote: Listen a little , who we vote for doesn't mean we can or cannot be a Jedi . We have the right to vote for who ever we think is best fit for what office they run for . Yes Donald Trump is corrupt and so is Hillary Clinton . Trump is hiding his tax returns and Hillary is hiding the fact that she deleted 30,000 emails that would of convicted her for a number of reasons . Personally I think Trump is the lesser of two evils here and I support Trump because he is actually doing exactly what he ran on instead of other Democrats who he will face in 2020 , those Democrats have went back on there campaign promises and promised or are promising things they can't possibly do . So ya I'mma vote for him in 2020 . Look at the failures of the fictional Jedi they focused on politics too much and doomed themselves as well as there order let's not do the same . Yes you can be a Trump supporter and be a Jedi , I am proof of that and if anyone says otherwise then they are wrong and if they say I am any less of a Jedi than the next guy then in fact they are also wrong . By all means think what you like and vote how you want without the constant thought of being judged because if someone judges you for doing so then they are the ones who need to be judged . We are a sacred temple and are suppose to be a safe space . If you judge someone by the way they vote then please refrain from picking on that person . Personally my older brother is voting for Colonel Sanders for 2020 by all means be like my brother and vote the way you want not the way you are told to .


Not sure who this is in response to but I never said you can't be a Jedi. In fact, you should read my first post in this thread.

The failures of the fictional Jedi... sorry, I disagree. In my opinion they weren't focused on politics HARDLY ENOUGH. They were partially funded by the government and allowed themselves to be tools of the government. But they were, in fact, serving a Sith agenda in the process; a POLITICAL agenda.

This political agenda allowed Sidious to play both sides. He gave people what they wanted in exchange for power. He promised security. He ran on law and order, which capitalized on people's fear.

Do I recognize some merit in the Trump agenda? Sure. However, I'm not a victim of the propaganda that uses people's fears in exchange for power. People are afraid of immigrants taking their jobs. People are afraid of Chinese that already successful took many of their jobs (but they buy the products and love to shop at Walmart). People are losing jobs to automation. Yang is right about autonomous trucks. The alt right and white supremacists are afraid of losing power and influence, afraid of becoming a minority, Christians are afraid liberals will take abortions to the next level. Gun enthusiasts are afraid Lefties are going to take their guns. People are afraid their healthcare will become too expensive. I could go on and on, but can we agree on this one thing. Can we agree that there is a lot of fear and that it is possible for a person to capitalize on that fear?

It's easy to speculate on 30,000 emails we can't see. And I didn't support Hillary at all because of the super predators comment. But how is that any different from Trump hiding communications on the secured server that's meant for classified communications? What could we possibly say, that isn't biased, that makes that even remotely okay? And we now have witnesses telling us what the whistle blower told us; that Trump withheld money, in violation of the law, to Ukraine, in order to get dirt on a political rival.

The key is... I'm not a Hillary supporter. Trump didn't turn me against Hillary. Hillary did that herself. Hillary didn't turn me against Trump. Trump did that himself. This thread was asking a question... not about whether Jedi could be republicans or conservative. But whether they could support this man, Donald J. Trump. So its not about party. It shouldn't be about party. It should be about policy and corruption. If I stopped supporting Hillary because of what I learned about her that goes against my values why can't Trump supporters do the same thing? And its not about who voted for Trump. I can accept that a lot of people did so because they believed what he said. Now, there's an actual record. Or is it that Trump supporters cannot separate their support for the man from their support for certain policy positions they have in common. Because when we cannot differentiate, well now its like we can't even have the conversation about those policies and the BEST WAY to serve the American people. That's what bothers me, right now. It's Trumpism vs America. And it's incredibly divisive at a time when we have challenges we should be discussing and sharing ideas on. But if Trump is right about China oh well then he must be right about climate science. And if we don't do something serious in regards to our climate... its not going to matter how many Mexicans are coming back to parts of the US that used to be Mexico. We're all going to suffer. And our planet is already suffering.

So why can't we have meaningful conversations about that? Why can't we have meaningful conversations about human rights and using tear gas around children at the border and being so.... (insert nicer word than I can muster)... "uncaring and rigid" (there I think I did it) that you lose track of children and parents! And what if that was you? What if that was your child. What if you were that child? And what campaign promises kept that were so important that all this other stuff should be overlooked? I'd really like to know because its not about judgment. It's about understanding. And we can't understand each other without knowing what motivates each other and what we're all trying to protect. Maybe I can get you to my side on an issue. Maybe you can get me to your side on an issue. But there's no reason to protect these sides by not talking about them.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2019 16:58 by ZealotX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Omhu Cuspor, Kobos, Malicious

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2019 17:47 #346594 by Br. John
I'd phrase the question as can you believe and follow Jedi Believe and support Trump.

Jedi Believe

In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.

In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.

In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.

In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.

In the ethic of reciprocity, and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion, and over time.

In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.

In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures.

In the separation of religion and government and the freedoms of speech, association, and expression.

According to the Arabic proverb, there are no such things as a Phoenix, a Ghoul, or a True Bosom Friend, but I say to you that I found them all among my neighbors. ~ Kahlil Gibran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Rosalyn J, Omhu Cuspor, Kobos, Rex, ZealotX, Malicious

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2019 00:14 #346616 by Malicious
Zealotx yes we can agree on certain matters but what I disagree with you on is about the border and how people and children are treated . Yes I know what goes on at the southern border and actually it isn't as bad as what the far left is saying , most of what you said is actually far left propaganda . But a little bit is actually true , I will admit that . An accurate UN report which most news networks didn't show because it would invalidate most of the far left propaganda is that child separation and detainment at the southern border was much higher under Obama than Trump and most of this so called " atrocities " you hear about is actually from Obama era footage and media not from the Trump era . Yes I will admit that they still separate children from parents but my counter statement is this : if a legal American adult that has children done a crime than that adult would be imprisoned and if there was no family members able to take those children then they too would be taken into the custody of government . We just can't send the kids back without parents that would be wrong . And about the detention centers there being held at the reason why they aren't the best place is because both sides won't get over there own ego to pass bills to better the detention centers and if they do then they won't agree on how much money or if any money should be allocated to pay for the new centers . The reason why there are so called cages which are actually fencing is so the family doesn't try to escape judgment of there crimes . If I was going illegally to a different country the key term illegal and I wanted to stay there I would expect the same treatment . We tried the catch and release strategy and that didn't work they did not show up to there court hearings . If i skipped a court hearing to convict me of a crime then I would have a warrant out for my arrest but that wouldn't work for these illegal immigrants because they have no reliable legal documents to find them . The only way we could release them is if we put tracking devices in there arms and even then it wouldn't really work because you can just take it out . So in reality this is the best option . Now I know what you might say best option ? ' tilts head in confusion . Yes but we need to have better detainment centers but sadly both sides won't stop pounding sand to actually get that done or agree on the funding and put it in use .

=_= Malicious (+_+)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick