Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

More
4 years 7 months ago #342875 by Manu
Jedi Believe

In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.
In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.
In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.
In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.
In the ethic of reciprocity, and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion and over time.
In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.
In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures.
In the separation of religion and government and the freedoms of speech, association and expression.

Insofar as anyone actively supports harming others, discrimination based on sexual preference or circumstances of birth, or taking away freedoms, one is not a Jedi.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kobos, Brick, Rex,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342876 by
Well said Manu.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342877 by JamesSand

Insofar as anyone actively supports harming others, discrimination based on sexual preference or circumstances of birth, or taking away freedoms, one is not a Jedi.

In broad sweeps, I fully support your above quoted Jedi Believe bit - but in practical application, I draw a line around my land (convenient for me, as my country is girt by sea, we even wrote a song about it) and make that the limit of my influence or concern, and leave those on the other side of that line to fend for themselves (discrimination by circumstances of birth - you were born in the wrong place)
furthermore, should those on the outside of the shape attempt to improve their position via means of taking from those inside the shape, I suppose I have made the decision to prefer one "side's" needs over the other, and will act accordingly.

Can't be all things to all people I suppose.

Now, if I've determined that it's fair enough for me to make that call based purely on geography, I would be hard pressed holding anyone else to account for making a similar assessment based on their own criteria, whether it be colour, creed, shape of skull, number of teeth, chromosomes, favourite music, whatever.

(I suppose ideally, all Jedi would be active and involved members of the UN, but we can't all be so lucky, so we, as individuals, have to take a pragmatic view of our influence.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342882 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rowvfXJtWHc&list=PLRTSTGYHvYZWMA_mJabBhdVTxTEw9NP9H&index=45

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342883 by
Aaaaaand add to favorites

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342888 by
To accuse someone of Nazism simply because they don't directly oppose who you call "Nazi" is extremism in itself.. I refuse to join.. mainly because I don't regard white preservationists and anti-globalists either as collectively the same or the actual threat to this Union or this world as a whole.. that's just small thinking, too simple..

It's not whites, it's not Jews, it's not "the rich".. it's people with the lust for power.. and the best way to defeat them isn't to fight them directly, but to limit their paths to power over others.. This is why the US founders limited our federal government in the first place.. but people, persuaded by one emotion or another, thought it was a good idea to give our govermnent all the unnecessary power it currently holds..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342890 by
Y'all need to calm down and talk about cottage cheese

More
4 years 7 months ago #342891 by Kobos
So, after reviewing the thread and the TOS, I realize that I had made a mistake hoping that the forgiveness of one post would lead to further discussion on something over arching about political rhetoric. I am going to remove both flagrant violations of the TOS, This will also serve as an official warning that though at this moment no administrative action is being taken towards either poster, any behavior like this again will result immediate administrative action.

I made a mistake here and it will not happen again. Please show courtesy to each other, there is NO setting that this is acceptable.

Thank you,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick, Rex, , ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342893 by
What is that even made of?

More
4 years 7 months ago #342894 by Kobos
Old vacation cottages mixed with old cheese I think....

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi