YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

More
4 years 7 months ago #341981 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

I told her I suspected I knew something and she basically confirmed I was correct. However, I still think she's just a troll.

Please note that she got banned too.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341982 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Mortose wrote: Whether I deserved it or not, I have no idea because I wasn't given a warning in my pm box, was I? Think about it. There is no "playing victim" here, only disgust and confusion.

I'm surprised that you're surprised you were banned. Carlos posted at least 2 warnings about what would happen to people found to be in breach of the ToS, myself and others asked you to stop being deliberately antagonistic, and that to continue doing so would likely result in a ban.

Your response to this was to either laugh, defend yourself by saying you having too much 'fun', or deflect by saying that Anime was equally in breach of the ToS. So now you're both banned.

Yes, I think it should've been handled differently. Yes, I think it's a shame because (when you're not being arse) I actually quite enjoy the discussion you bring to the forum. But I'm not remotely surprised the admin have done what they've done, I can't understand why you'd be surprised by it.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341984 by
Replied by on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Brick wrote:

Mortose wrote: Whether I deserved it or not, I have no idea because I wasn't given a warning in my pm box, was I? Think about it. There is no "playing victim" here, only disgust and confusion.

I'm surprised that you're surprised you were banned. Carlos posted at least 2 warnings about what would happen to people found to be in breach of the ToS, myself and others asked you to stop being deliberately antagonistic, and that to continue doing so would likely result in a ban.

Your response to this was to either laugh, defend yourself by saying you having too much 'fun', or deflect by saying that Anime was equally in breach of the ToS. So now you're both banned.

Yes, I think it should've been handled differently. Yes, I think it's a shame because (when you're not being arse) I actually quite enjoy the discussion you bring to the forum. But I'm not remotely surprised the admin have done what they've done, I can't understand why you'd be surprised by it.

I didn't take that message seriously, since I didn't see I was doing anything too horrible to warrant a ban. Certainly nothing close to what I did when I was here over 22 months ago. As I said, a warning in my pm box would have been sufficient. I'd have paused and likely slithered back to my journal, watching my words more carefully. However, that didn't happen, just as my formal request wasn't honored. It didn't help that I had Jedi in my pm box, offering a place to vent and being told I'm welcome.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #341985 by
Replied by on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

I told her I suspected I knew something and she basically confirmed I was correct. However, I still think she's just a troll.

Please note that she got banned too.

I'm aware she got banned. She was the only one who actually deserved it also, considering she was the one who initiated the entire conflict. I just treated the troll like a troll. I had fun.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341986 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Mortose wrote:
I didn't take that message seriously

Generally speaking, people don't repeatedly issues warnings or direct others to the ToS if they're not being serious

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 7 months ago #341987 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
The lesson to take away from this experience, is that your behavior was unbecoming in a Jedi Church, for which we are first and foremost...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 7 months ago #341988 by ren
Replied by ren on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
Where do you guys even find the energy?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Brick

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #341989 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Zenchi wrote: The lesson to take away from this experience, is that your behavior was unbecoming in a Jedi Church, for which we are first and foremost...

That's not a lesson, that's an excuse.

Also:

RyuJin wrote: For the past 2 days i've lost count of how many complaints we've received on you alone...and not just from one or two members...

Is being complained about against the rules, or what exactly makes that relevant here?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Gisteron.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 7 months ago #341991 by ren
Replied by ren on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
Being complained about isn't against the rules, however if we receive too many we will likely ban, if only to put a temporary end to the fishwifery.

It is noted a few spoke in support of Phoenix/mortose too.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
4 years 7 months ago #341992 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
So, in other words, being moderately unpopular is effectively a bannable offense. Might I suggest that this be noted down in the rules? That way, whoever registers here is expected to tacitly agree to the mob justice that reigns here. Maybe some confusion will be alleviated that way and this won't have to be explained every other time it happens.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi