Accountability of the laws spirit beyond its letter

More
4 years 10 months ago #339833 by ZealotX
Warning: Spoiler!

Sorry, Kohadre, but I don't make things up about people. Do you think I was "outing" you as a grey Jedi? Do you think I guessed and just so happened to be right?

I used the search feature like YOU told me to.

As a Jedi, I do believe that there's inherent worth within all life; however some lives are worth more than others.

Would I put myself in harm's way to save a pedophile? Probably not. In such a situation, I would probably work moreso to ensure their demise than anything else.

Would I run into a compromised building (fire/explosion/etc) to save the lives of others? Probably. Part of my EDC as a Jedi is made up of first aid and trauma kit items combined with training to diagnose and treat field injuries up to and including gunshots & shrapnel; as well as burns and fire trauma.

I follow the Gray path of Jediism, so I focus less on "light" and "dark" and instead focus moreso on logical and objective decision making.

and that wasn't from your private journal. That was from "A question" in Open Discussions.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/121543-a-question?start=10#324974

You were the one calling Kyrin's path into question. I simply brought up the fact that you both were of the same path. It is therefore hypocritical to call Kyrin out as evidence of her being "incompatible" when your paths are (or at least were back in 2018) similar. Of course you tried to take it a step further and have the forum believe Kyrin was now subscribing to Sith philosophy which you never got by asking her. I did. Armed with the truth I thus offered correction to the incorrect (and somewhat slanderous) accusation of your claim which took advantage of Kyrin's absence. I didn't do that. YOU did that. Consequences ensue as the Force balances itself.

And in response you seem to be having a little temper tantrum. Perhaps you should be careful before advising people to use the search feature. mmmmm?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #339834 by JamesSand
Well done! You won! You're the smartest cookie!

Now what?

Anyway, since I'm here. two things

One -

Yes, I'd like to see all the evidence in question

I assume you're some kind of magistrate?
in any case you're free to make such considerations in your courthouse, anywhere else, no one cares what you'd like.

I'm not trying to be mean, it's just one of those things in life - circle of influence circle of concern type things. For most people, most things are outside that first circle, and so in practical terms - it really does not matter in the slightest what you'd like ;)

B (or Two, if you prefer ;) Actually on the subject of Letter vs Spirit, the following of which is all my own work, but probably the same thing you can read on Wikipedia.

I'm a bureaucrat - enforcing inane (and insane) regulations and policies that few understand the application of, purpose, or even intent, is my bread and butter. It thrills me, almost as much as completely ignoring those policies when attempted to be enforced by other clipboard wielding pencil pushing nerds, because so few of them can ever actually explain what they are trying to do, or why they are trying to do it (and more importantly) how it should affect me other than vague references to policy and documents that may not exist, and certainly no one has read or reviewed lately.

For funsies, here is Section 45E of Divison 2 of Part VIIa of the Environmental Protection Act 1970 (which is still in effect in the state that it is relevant to in my country)

45E Deposit of litter generally
(1) A person must not deposit any litter unless—
(a) the person deposits the litter in a place—
(i) that is provided for the deposit of litter; and
(ii) that is appropriate for litter of that size, shape, nature or volume; or
(b) the person deposits the litter in or on a place in such a way that it cannot leave the place without human assistance and the person—
(i) owns, controls or is in possession of the place; or
(ii) is acting with the express consent of the person who owns, controls or is in possession of the place; or
(c) the person is authorised to deposit the litter by or under an Act or a Commonwealth Act; or
(d) the deposit of the litter is an unavoidable consequence of a lawful activity; or
(e) the deposit is accidental and the person does everything that is reasonably possible to retrieve the litter. Penalty:40 penalty units.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(d), a consequence is unavoidable if there is no reasonably practicable way of avoiding it.

There is a whole separate and unrelated commonwealth (federal) piece of legislation that prevents one from storage or transporting waste in a commonwealth vehicle unless that vehicle is specifically designated as being used for that task.

by the combination of those laws, one is free and clear to dump fast food wrappers out the window of a vehicle (any vehicle operated, or that is operated on one's behalf for the discharge of official duties is to be operated in accordance with the policy and regulations that regulate use of government vehicles, making that vehicle, effectively, a government vehicle, should it be being used for official duties)

The spirit of the law is "Don't trash the streets, and don't put trash in cars you don't own" but I'm pretty sure neither of those things are really mentioned in either laws.

I'm not really interested in the whole Justice for Harambe thing you seem to be on, but I'm more than happy to meander the the purpose of rules, and their application in a perfect civilisation :)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #339835 by Kohadre

ZealotX wrote:

Sorry, Kohadre, but I don't make things up about people. Do you think I was "outing" you as a grey Jedi? Do you think I guessed and just so happened to be right?

I used the search feature like YOU told me to.

As a Jedi, I do believe that there's inherent worth within all life; however some lives are worth more than others.

Would I put myself in harm's way to save a pedophile? Probably not. In such a situation, I would probably work moreso to ensure their demise than anything else.

Would I run into a compromised building (fire/explosion/etc) to save the lives of others? Probably. Part of my EDC as a Jedi is made up of first aid and trauma kit items combined with training to diagnose and treat field injuries up to and including gunshots & shrapnel; as well as burns and fire trauma.

I follow the Gray path of Jediism, so I focus less on "light" and "dark" and instead focus moreso on logical and objective decision making.

and that wasn't from your private journal. That was from "A question" in Open Discussions.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/121543-a-question?start=10#324974

You were the one calling Kyrin's path into question. I simply brought up the fact that you both were of the same path. It is therefore hypocritical to call Kyrin out as evidence of her being "incompatible" when your paths are (or at least were back in 2018) similar. Of course you tried to take it a step further and have the forum believe Kyrin was now subscribing to Sith philosophy which you never got by asking her. I did. Armed with the truth I thus offered correction to the incorrect (and somewhat slanderous) accusation of your claim which took advantage of Kyrin's absence. I didn't do that. YOU did that. Consequences ensue as the Force balances itself.

And in response you seem to be having a little temper tantrum. Perhaps you should be careful before advising people to use the search feature. mmmmm?

Nobody told me this was a card game, damn.

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Kohadre.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339836 by ZealotX

JamesSand wrote: Well done! You won! You're the smartest cookie!

Now what?

Now I can deal with the obscene trash talk from Kohadre in my PMs which he said his master gave him permission to do. That is what.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339837 by JamesSand
Do you need to deal with it?

Best way to avoid nuisance sales calls during dinner? Put your phone on silent :)

More
4 years 10 months ago #339838 by ZealotX

Kohadre: Nobody told me this was a card game, damn.

Did your master give you permission to use foul language on the public forums as well? I wasn't aware this was a workaround to the same rules that banned Kyrin.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339839 by Adder
ZealotX, I think Kohadre meant you misattributed your words as his.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #339840 by Kohadre

ZealotX wrote:

Kohadre: Nobody told me this was a card game, damn.

Did your master give you permission to use foul language on the public forums as well? I wasn't aware this was a workaround to the same rules that banned Kyrin.

If you really want to bring our entire PM conversation to the public forum, be my guest.

Edit: Congratulations on finally figuring out how to use a spoiler tag.

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Kohadre.

More
4 years 10 months ago #339841 by ZealotX

JamesSand wrote: Do you need to deal with it?

Best way to avoid nuisance sales calls during dinner? Put your phone on silent :)

I will never say that blocking or ignoring isn't a viable option to handle unwanted calls. It absolutely is.

However, it's not my style. I shouldn't have to do either. A lot of companies will call you until you talk to them and tell them to stop calling you. Knowing they can't win with you, and therefore shouldn't waste their time, is a little more direct than trying to wait them out and hope they will go away on their own.

Personally, I'd like to see more of Kohadre's offensive vocabulary and attempts to... not sure what I'd call it... bully/harass me?

Which *sigh* alas is easy to do online. It takes real bravery to call someone a c*nt but I was slightly entertained by the verb "tw*tswaggling". Must admit. I've never heard that one before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kohadre

More
4 years 10 months ago #339843 by ZealotX

Adder wrote: ZealotX, I think Kohadre meant you misattributed your words as his.

which words would that be?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi