10 Ways to Improve Your Resilience

More
4 years 9 months ago #339611 by Manu
Found this interesting article, would like your opinions on resilience.

https://www.verywellmind.com/ways-to-become-more-resilient-2795063

Warning: Spoiler!

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Athena_Undomiel, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339613 by Carlos.Martinez3
When where how and may I use this for myself and my students ? Good stuff ... good stuff Manu

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 9 months ago #339626 by Manu

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: may I use this for myself and my students ? Good stuff ... good stuff Manu

I didn’t write it, so go ahead and use it. Glad you liked it Carlos. I know you’ve seen A LOT. Care to share how you came to develop your own resilience?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Athena_Undomiel

More
4 years 9 months ago #339648 by Athena_Undomiel
Totally joking...
But, as his wife and his friend I can confirm that he got hit in the head.....a lot...lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 9 months ago #339649 by Carlos.Martinez3

Manu wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: may I use this for myself and my students ? Good stuff ... good stuff Manu

I didn’t write it, so go ahead and use it. Glad you liked it Carlos. I know you’ve seen A LOT. Care to share how you came to develop your own resilience?

Thanks Manu - I can honestly say my own resilience come from getting hit in the head - ALOT! Jokingly but honestly too - I can say I am from the “old school of hard knocks “ and I got the scrapes and bumps to prove it.!!
But ... eventually I did learn to move out of the way of a few things and learn a few tricks from my own scrapes and from others. It’s really for me now a combination of all the above now as opposed to the ol I can take on the world alone mentality I once had. I got a place or a way I wanna be - I try - I do it or I find folk who do it like I want and ask them how they do it. I apply the “ALL MYTH “ to everything ( all myths for an all man ) other than that it’s my own or some one else’s trial and error type of information. Just think - if we learned from each other s mistakes how less likely we would be to repeat the same cycles .... and even help others out of theirs as well—- hu?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi