• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339333 by
Use of the Force was created by
What is "use of the Force" meaning?

How does one use the light or the dark?

We as humans can't perform the feats of the Jedi or Sith from the saga, so how do you view use of the Force?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339335 by
Replied by on topic Use of the Force

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: What is "use of the Force" meaning?

We as humans can't perform the feats of the Jedi or Sith from the saga, so how do you view use of the Force?

As far as is commonly known.. but I've heard rumors of the ability to.. cheat.. the karmic cycle after death.. I think it's why some people in the scientific community want to study Tibetan Monks..

More
4 years 9 months ago #339336 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Use of the Force
I get and see this question - a lot . A lot. May people feel that the movies and what is real life some times don’t mix. Some do. Either way- my question is always this - what is the Force ? If any one can be Jeddist and any human can choose what and where to label and and identify - what is the Force to you ? Some definitions can differ big time- and so - to be force sensitive and even force driven or even force user can fall under all that huge vast enormous spectrum of choice and availability.
Me personally- the Force to me is the connection I have with others - and even then - at that choice - it can be huge and never really be explained mostly experienced. I see a bum and “feel” the difference between a beggar and some one hungry and out of luck. When I meet fathers and mothers out and about and that connection takes - or that broken heart that bleeds and just needs that “hey - been there done that - your not alone - tomorrow will come with or without this.” Thats my force or the force to me. At the same time I share definitions of it with others and some I do not - knowing what their force is and accepting it - not tolerating but accepting - that’s theirs - and for me - respecting it ... makes the Force to me so ... nice.
How do I use it... like that and why like that - my life was filled with hurt and uncontent - ness - I use the Force to change that and maybe to help others like me. It defiantly brings joy and a lot of things I didn’t have - maybe it and my example - can help. Either way - yes or no - I am better for it.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Malicious

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339346 by
There's a great diversity of ideas just regarding what the Force even is, or if it is even in some way knowable, never mind what, if anything, is to be done with it.
My best contribution comes from my "New Age " background, in which one can easily equate the Force and Magick. Magick is it's own can of worms, similarly, on matters of perception, definition and applications, but, in the simplest modern terms, both can be viewed as operating on a principal of combined will as well as direct and indirect action.
Focus and intent are paramount, but it's not enough to project desired results into the aether, measures/action/effort are required as well.
Modern wizardry sums this up with the rule "the best way to predict the future is to create it". Or, as I like to put, a cosmic application of "Trust but verify "; if you want to contribute to your team's success in a baseball game, you can wish yourself silly for the ball to come your way, but you still have to exert the attention and capability to catch it once it does.
Some view it as a fountain of knowledge/wisdom, either seeking what it has to offer, taking what they can as it comes, or appealing to it to bestow whatever they can grasp, with particular things in mind.
I apologize that I don't have more to share, but, I hope I've given you some clear ideas to work with.
May The Force Guide You.

More
4 years 9 months ago #339353 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Use of the Force
I practice a few different kinds of meditation which produce different results in the mind and body. Tummo, for example, helps to generate heat. I'm not sure if that's "using the Force". We are all One with the Force, indistinct from it. In a sense, every action we commit "uses" the Force. Its Will is what occurs; it does not distinguish light and dark or exert preference. I guess being mindful of the Force might count as using it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

More
4 years 9 months ago #339357 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Use of the Force

Seems like you're asking if the Force is magic. And I think when a lot of people talk about magic it is from the perspective of how they can access it for their own use or manipulation. People want power for different reasons without necessarily thinking about the wants, needs, or interests of the thing they're using or manipulating.

I'm not saying the Force has wants and needs per se, but why, if it did, would it want to be used by you?

In strictly my opinion (and everyone is entitled to their own), the Force is simply the energy composing and binding all things. Energy is always trying to find balance within a system so it's not necessarily someone "using" the Force, but rather opening themselves as a conduit for the Force to use them. When Ben tells Luke to "use the Force" he was simply telling him to let go of his conscious control and just feel. The Force would then tell him when to push the button and then he did. So it wasn't like he made the shot and used the Force to force his shot in the target. The Force simply told him when he was on target.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339369 by

ZealotX wrote: In strictly my opinion (and everyone is entitled to their own), the Force is simply the energy composing and binding all things. Energy is always trying to find balance within a system so it's not necessarily someone "using" the Force, but rather opening themselves as a conduit for the Force to use them. When Ben tells Luke to "use the Force" he was simply telling him to let go of his conscious control and just feel. The Force would then tell him when to push the button and then he did. So it wasn't like he made the shot and used the Force to force his shot in the target. The Force simply told him when he was on target.

I prefer the thought of the Force flowing through us as conduits. I feel like the Force has used me plenty of times and I feel that my life has been persevered more times than I can count. I fully believe that when it's your time, it happens. For some reason I have survived accidents, bombs, mortars, small arms fire, and other near misses. I can count the times that should have killed me on at least two hands, and in almost all those cases I was totally unharmed.

I actually don't doubt that many of the abilities displayed in the movies are probably achievable with the will of the Force.

When I think about the number of times it's stated to, "let go," or, "search your feelings," I have to consider, "of what?" What I think is being asked is of our limitations. Consider that we impose limitations by learning mortality. When you do max on a bench press for instance, you learn what your limit is in lifting weight. Searching your feelings might demonstrate a deep connection with others allowing you to glimpse things from other points of view. This differs from the sensory limitations that we have from our 5 senses.

Allowing ourselves to believe that we have no real limitations might be the key to being able to channel the Force where we feel it's appropriate. Should the Force be willing, miracles will happen...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #339374 by

I would be quite curious to understand your definition of "The Force" before I could describe use of it?

I could say I use the force when I walk to hold myself to the ground, or when I turn on a switch to light a room, or even as a means to hold my very body together. Or I could say I use the force when I comfort a child that has had a run in with The Force and scraped her knee. Is this the dark side and the light side working against each other? I would venture to say not because I could interpret the event as a positive expedience in the end for the child. She learns to not run down hills to fast and that is valuable experience to have. So what is it exactly that you mean when you say "The Force"?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339424 by

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote:

ZealotX wrote: In strictly my opinion (and everyone is entitled to their own), the Force is simply the energy composing and binding all things. Energy is always trying to find balance within a system so it's not necessarily someone "using" the Force, but rather opening themselves as a conduit for the Force to use them. When Ben tells Luke to "use the Force" he was simply telling him to let go of his conscious control and just feel. The Force would then tell him when to push the button and then he did. So it wasn't like he made the shot and used the Force to force his shot in the target. The Force simply told him when he was on target.

I prefer the thought of the Force flowing through us as conduits. I feel like the Force has used me plenty of times and I feel that my life has been persevered more times than I can count. I fully believe that when it's your time, it happens. For some reason I have survived accidents, bombs, mortars, small arms fire, and other near misses. I can count the times that should have killed me on at least two hands, and in almost all those cases I was totally unharmed.

I actually don't doubt that many of the abilities displayed in the movies are probably achievable with the will of the Force.

When I think about the number of times it's stated to, "let go," or, "search your feelings," I have to consider, "of what?" What I think is being asked is of our limitations. Consider that we impose limitations by learning mortality. When you do max on a bench press for instance, you learn what your limit is in lifting weight. Searching your feelings might demonstrate a deep connection with others allowing you to glimpse things from other points of view. This differs from the sensory limitations that we have from our 5 senses.

Allowing ourselves to believe that we have no real limitations might be the key to being able to channel the Force where we feel it's appropriate. Should the Force be willing, miracles will happen...

The Force IS reality, in its multiplicity it manifests in many different ways. Physical Matter is one.. You can feel the deeper parts because of the similarity your soul shares with it.. your whole being, as it were, is a microcosm of the macro that is The Force.. it "speaks" to us through all things.. as was said by Apostle Paul:

"one God(Force) and Father(Originator) of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Eph. 4:6

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #339669 by
Can you explain more here? Cheat it in what way?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi