How is rank about academics and not just a popularity contest?

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #338126 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Not every one who calls them self Jedi is knightly. Flat out. Our Order and Knights stand a bit higher

In our Order - yes.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #338129 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Our Order and Knights stand a bit higher - at least we try- it’s the try that sometimes makes the difference. The standard of try can’t be penned or even said because it varies from person to person.
My 2 cents.

Fascinating. Higher than what, exactly?

More
4 years 11 months ago #338143 by Gisteron
Yea, I would also very much appreciate if it could be made understandable to me just what bizarre form of humility or knightliness it is to speak of one's Order, or rank as standing for - or indeed being - something "higher" in what ever form...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #338146 by
This is the exact sort of elite thinking I refer to. It is why these ranks are popularity contests instead of positions of honor based in academics. It is also why I pursue the degree and not the rank. I want to be recognized for the work not because I think Im some "higher standard" than my peers here.

More
4 years 11 months ago #338147 by Manu
https://youtu.be/I_O37cE1j64

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #338148 by Carlos.Martinez3
I’m not saying our Order is anything better than any other order organization or any other idea. Please. If I learned a new phrase I think the definition of flame wars is relevant here.

Any type of organization as far as getting thing in order or organizing - is so much better than just a mess. Tojo isn’t any better as far as “WE ARE KINGS” or “one ring to rule them all..”
nahh . I’m sorry if I didn’t relay that clearer. I ain’t the brightest crayon on the box but I do like to draw! Any how . If your looking for reasons to blame or point fingers or any reason to say hateful or harmful things or even bring discredit to things - feel free to travel that road - without me. I love this place. I love the people in it. ( even those I don’t see eye to eye with - still -part till the choice is made to change that but until then) I try to build - rarely tear down. Have fun and I hope you find what y’all seek - truly I do. It’s never my nature to argue or quibble and at this point I feel the time has come for me to exit stage right. May the Force be with y’all - all of us as we respectfully and some not so , seek it out. Happy seeking

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
4 years 11 months ago #338149 by Manu

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I try to build - rarely tear down.

“Every act of creation begins with an act of destruction” - Pablo Picasso

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago #338150 by
Eggs, omelettes.

Any structure - a building, a railway, a temple hierarchy, isn't worth a damn if it's built without a stable foundation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #338151 by
@Carlos, I am sorry if you are feeling attacked, I dont think that is the intention of anyone here and I especially think you have mis-characterized the term flame war. Nothing in here has constituted a flame war except for "miss slut" on the first page.

I think the heart of the matter is a misunderstanding of standard vs expectation. When you say Knights are held to a higher standard that does imply elitism. However what I also hear you saying is that this is not the case. So what I think is being implied here is that the Knights are held to a higher expectation (not standard). Meaning they are expected to contribute more, give more, teach etc. How that is accomplished is in no better a manner than any other member or guest of this board would be capable of given those same expectations. This is also not the idea that they are more enlightened etc than others or have the secret to life figured out that they must now impart onto the lowly guests and novices of this temple.

If this is truly the case then the problem arises in a lack of training of the Knights to actually meet those expectations instead of assuming other higher standards they feel they should be meeting. For example I have had Knight after Knight come after me by making me their personal mission to get rid of. I get threads interrupted and constantly corrected on my behaviour, approach, mannerisms, philosophies and so on. And each of those Knights in turn have only succeeded in melting down and either being banned or leaving this place. Why is this? Because they have misunderstood standard vs expectation as a Knight.

Its not a Knights place to tell me who I should be or how I should act. It is their place to serve the temple through admin duties and teaching. However too many of them get this idea they are special and are elite members of this place, better than others like me, of a higher caliber (standard) and they forget why they are actually the rank they are, to serve and teach.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by .

More
4 years 11 months ago #338160 by Proteus

Its not a Knights place to tell me who I should be or how I should act. It is their place to serve the temple through admin duties and teaching. However too many of them get this idea they are special and are elite members of this place, better than others like me, of a higher caliber (standard) and they forget why they are actually the rank they are, to serve and teach.

According to your stance, what is wrong with this paragraph?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi