Discussing ideas, not people

More
27 Mar 2019 00:09 #336385 by OB1Shinobi

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Arisaig wrote: All of them... for the algebra problem. This is a false equivalency fallacy.



You say “false equivalency” and i say “allegory”.

Im pretty sure youre thinking of you and Kyrin when reading these posts. Im thinking of culture in general.


I've said this multiple times and this is bordering on harassment.

I WAS TALKING TO YOU. I was not talking to, nor thinking about, a person I was NOT talking to. Stop drawing this damn imaginary line between myself and Kyrin.

It serves as nothing more than to belittle my entire opinion and identity down to nothing.
I've told you this before. Last warning.



I countered your opinion logically but you seem to have missed it because i said Kyrin’s name to you and you freaked the *** out lol. Doesnt help your case about the “imaginary line”, does it? May as well scream “I AM NOT ANGRY, GOD DAMMIT!!

“As long as you feel that you are the most important thing in the world you cannot really appreciate the world around you. You are like a horse with blinders, all you see is yourself apart from everything else.”
-Don Juan Matus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arisaig
  • Arisaig's Avatar
  • Guest
27 Mar 2019 00:19 #336387 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic Discussing ideas, not people

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote:

Arisaig wrote: All of them... for the algebra problem. This is a false equivalency fallacy.



You say “false equivalency” and i say “allegory”.

Im pretty sure youre thinking of you and Kyrin when reading these posts. Im thinking of culture in general.


I've said this multiple times and this is bordering on harassment.

I WAS TALKING TO YOU. I was not talking to, nor thinking about, a person I was NOT talking to. Stop drawing this damn imaginary line between myself and Kyrin.

It serves as nothing more than to belittle my entire opinion and identity down to nothing.
I've told you this before. Last warning.



I countered your opinion logically but you seem to have missed it because i said Kyrin’s name to you and you freaked the *** out lol. Doesnt help your case about the “imaginary line”, does it? May as well scream “I AM NOT ANGRY, GOD DAMMIT!!


I have no interest in opinions when they're headed by belittlement.

And you're wrong. I am angry. I'm damn tired of this imagined connection to someone that hates my guts simply because of my choice in tm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 00:22 #336388 by OB1Shinobi
Is that why you two bicker all the time; Kyrin hates you because you chose Zenchi as your TM?

“As long as you feel that you are the most important thing in the world you cannot really appreciate the world around you. You are like a horse with blinders, all you see is yourself apart from everything else.”
-Don Juan Matus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Arisaig
  • Arisaig's Avatar
  • Guest
27 Mar 2019 00:25 #336389 by Arisaig
Replied by Arisaig on topic Discussing ideas, not people

OB1Shinobi wrote: Is that why you two bicker all the time; Kyrin hates you because you chose Zenchi as your TM?


We're not discussing that here... Incredibly off topic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 00:28 #336390 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Discussing ideas, not people
The balance between equanimity and mindfulness is an interesting one, especially when trying to develop an experience of a persistent and functional 'luminous mind'. In some regards it requires a degree of trust that intention is good for people to make mistakes and grow without being marginalized, because its just that trust which is why abuse and the culture of 'harden up snowflake' is probably not appropriate for a religious space. That said, all monks should know how to fight when needed and that is only possible with training. Perhaps we need a dedicated verbal sparring area, so the rest can be gawd forbid I say safe, but rather calmer.

Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Luciane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 00:46 #336391 by OB1Shinobi

Arisaig wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Is that why you two bicker all the time; Kyrin hates you because you chose Zenchi as your TM?


We're not discussing that here... Incredibly off topic.



I mean, you are the one who brought it up....?

“As long as you feel that you are the most important thing in the world you cannot really appreciate the world around you. You are like a horse with blinders, all you see is yourself apart from everything else.”
-Don Juan Matus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 00:51 #336392 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Discussing ideas, not people
Ooo crime of passion. Kyrin was in fact feeling jealousy all this time!:laugh:


Which is worse? Dismissing an idea because it comes from a distrusted person, or accepting an idea because it comes from a trusted person?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 00:55 #336393 by OB1Shinobi

ren wrote: Which is worse? Dismissing an idea because it comes from a distrusted person, or accepting an idea because it comes from a trusted person?



I feel like this line perfectly describes today’s political landscape.

“As long as you feel that you are the most important thing in the world you cannot really appreciate the world around you. You are like a horse with blinders, all you see is yourself apart from everything else.”
-Don Juan Matus
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 00:56 #336394 by Rosalyn J
Well, and this is where I like "ideas not people" because I can look at something from someone I do not necessarily like and see the merits of it.

I think its harder to dismiss something I do like from a source I do trust, but that ends up being untrue.

It takes practice and I am yet learning
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 03:00 #336395 by Kyrin Wyldstar

OB1Shinobi wrote: Is that why you two bicker all the time; Kyrin hates you because you chose Zenchi as your TM?


That's one of the funniest things I have ever read! Not only because it is incredibly inaccurate but also because I hate no one. I didnt even know who zenchi was before he started stalking me. Soon after he recruited his crew as well and the result was well... mostly ancient history. The jedi were the aggressors just like before when they went after the original remains of the Je'daii order, only this time the je'daii will not be so easily defeated.

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick