FollowerOfDeimos wrote: I'm assuming he means with Ari

But not limited to..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336432 by
Replied by on topic Discussing ideas, not people
I'm new so I don't know every instance of drama quite yet. School gets in the way of research lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336433 by

FollowerOfDeimos wrote: I'm new so I don't know every instance of drama quite yet. School gets in the way of research lol

I'd recommend avoiding learning about it. Not worth anyone's time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336434 by
Fair enough. It would be more for clarity and sake of understanding

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336435 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Williamkaede wrote:
In the short time I've come back this time I haven't seen you do much more than clash with others. Is this part of your mission?

Im afraid you are going to have to be more specific? What do you mean by "clash"?

All I've really seen you do is needle people and instigate conflict in threads to a point where yet again a thread dissolves into personal attacks. If this is some kind of mission for you, I would be interested in knowing exactly how it fits into being a Jedi, or Jedaii, if that's what we're calling non-committal Grey mediocrity these days.

Not to say that conflict doesn't have its uses, I've seen it wielded by the best, but it requires a subtlety and skill you honestly aren't bringing to the table. I think Rosalyn's previous comment about the hammer is spot on.

FollowerOfDeimos wrote: I'm new so I don't know every instance of drama quite yet. School gets in the way of research lol

I feel that. I'm taking a brief study break and then it's right back to my interpersonal violence essay.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336436 by

Williamkaede wrote: All I've really seen you do is needle people and instigate conflict in threads to a point where yet again a thread dissolves into personal attacks. If this is some kind of mission for you, I would be interested in knowing exactly how it fits into being a Jedi, or Jedaii, if that's what we're calling non-committal Grey mediocrity these days.

Not to say that conflict doesn't have its uses, I've seen it wielded by the best, but it requires a subtlety and skill you honestly aren't bringing to the table. I think Rosalyn's previous comment about the hammer is spot on.

You are still going to have to be more specific. Making general statements about conflicts and threads is a strawman. I wont defend those generalities.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago #336442 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Williamkaede wrote: All I've really seen you do is needle people and instigate conflict in threads to a point where yet again a thread dissolves into personal attacks. If this is some kind of mission for you, I would be interested in knowing exactly how it fits into being a Jedi, or Jedaii, if that's what we're calling non-committal Grey mediocrity these days.

You are still going to have to be more specific. Making general statements about conflicts and threads is a strawman. I wont defend those generalities.

As you wish.

A couple of lame shots taken at people in this thread .

And here , with Adder.

Being pissy with council members here .

Trying to use 9/11 as a point and then doing nothing with it, here ? Actually I'm seeing a pattern here between you and Adder. And Arisaig - that's a whole goddamn thread in itself.

Not gonna lie, you've said some stuff I agree with and have discussed elsewhere. Gonna own that. But I really don't think a difference of belief is what's kept you from knighthood twice over.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336445 by

Williamkaede wrote: As you wish.

Thanks for the detail. Now we can discuss something of relevance. I will endeavor to be as honest and forthcoming in this reply as possible. I am not here to cause trouble or stir the pot, so to speak. I honestly enjoy the interactions I have at this place and I find great pleasure in discussing difficult subjects with others. I have been harsh in my delivery at times and in the past I have been unfair because I carried my own cognitive biases. However I have never stopped trying to learn what those are and correct them. It is why I persist at this temple and it is why I continue to study with those I find worthy and it is why I have recently volunteered to actually assist the temple in its mission to improve training.

Honestly I’m a bit baffled by your choices in these selections but on to your specifics…

Williamkaede wrote: A couple of lame shots taken at people in this thread .

Earlier in this thread I made a claim that “you” was a commonly used term in casual conversation. I was asked to provide sources for this claim. I did that and James came back and said my reply was provocative. I was truly baffled and I simply asked for clarification in this reply, to which I received none, and so I moved on. My reply was not meant to be provocative in any way.

Williamkaede wrote: And here , with Adder.

This is a result of simply frustration on my part. I had asked Adder, several times, to clarify his position by asking specific details and including an exact scenario to which we could come to a common ground. I also had told him that if I had failed to answer any of his questions, something he accused me of, that I would be more than happy to answer them. Over and over he continued to ignore all of my questions, failed to ask any questions he thought I had not answered and ignored my scenario and continued on in his replies as if everything he was saying was in direct response to me. I had asked others in the thread, some of the smartest people I know here, if I was being obtuse, and the consensus was that it was Adder that was making non sequiturs over and over. My frustration got the better of me and I responded over zealously. In fact I sent him a PM later and apologized, however I still feel that thread was dreadfully derailed by him.

Williamkaede wrote: Being pissy with council members here .

You are reading an incredible amount into this reply that is simply not there. I was simply asking for clarification on a request. That was not a pissy reply in the slightest. It was an honest inquiry. Much of the problem here is what you don’t see behind the scenes and my attempts to keep the membership informed as to goings on. I had been asking for weeks on clarification and I was getting no response. So I thought an open conversation might be the way to go. It was adder that came after me first by making some claim about my belief in rank. I’m not even sure why that was relevant to the conversation. But I realized quickly it was going nowhere and ended the exchange. He came after me and tried to start a fight about rank, not the other way around. I took my request back to PM and got a proper response from Ren on the status. I am working with him on the request now.

Williamkaede wrote: Trying to use 9/11 as a point and then doing nothing with it, here ? Actually I'm seeing a pattern here between you and Adder. And Arisaig - that's a whole goddamn thread in itself.

What was I supposed to do with it in your opinion? I used it to make a point and that point was made. That sometimes logical discussion can’t be had in the face of radicalism. Once again adder was the aggressor here. He came after me in the next post and put extreme words in my mouth. I replied quite reasonably to him in the next post and we went on to discuss the subject a bit. After these last few exchanged with Adder I have stopped responding to him in fact because of his tendency to jump to conclusions as in this case. It’s just not worth it to me to be engaged in things like this.

Williamkaede wrote: Not gonna lie, you've said some stuff I agree with and have discussed elsewhere. Gonna own that. But I really don't think a difference of belief is what's kept you from knighthood twice over.

You have your opinion and I have mine and that is fine. However as I stated before, you only see a small portion of my interactions with this temple. There is an entire other world that you have no visibility into and I think you are making some unfair assessments without even really getting to know me. My views are not the norm of this place in many areas of my life and that has put me at odds with some here. It’s ok though. I have also realized that this is not the place I want to represent as a Knight and I think that is ok as well. I don’t follow the doctrine of this place but that does not mean that I am still not a “Jedi” nor that I can be a valuable contributor to this place in my own right. Many here do just the same thing. My goals right now include helping to develop that non-Knight path to B-div of other Jedi like me at this temple. That and showing people that they don’t have to be cookie cutouts but they can find and become themselves. I find value in that and that is enough for me.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #336450 by Carlos.Martinez3
There is a fear that dwells in places and communities who have Jedi as their focus and it is simply this - this cookie cutter fear of we all becoming the same or a fear of each of us not being individuals. The furthest can be evident by the mere reading Of each of our own responses. Such fears drive some away and others to persue their own itinerary. Some explore ideas while others do not. Jedi are smart - haven’t met a daft one yet. When we come to places like this it is really Up to us wether our focus be others, ourselfs or a mix of it all. All in all this place can be the open door we seek and warmth we pass or the closed windows and wet blanket to toss around. In the end it is to every Jedi to have their own balance. It’s encouraging to see both sides at times - the balance and the un balance. To the most recent members to the eldest of em my hope as a continued member is to grow - to build and never tare down. I’ve done enough of that quite literally in my life and I’ve exhausted the taste for it myself- as have a few here as well. Some teach out of many different reasons. Here in the Temple , there is no one like the other. Haven’t met them yet. Can it happen ? Probly but can I get hit by a car as well... chances are pretty equal to both outcomes for me. ( I see an average of 3 accidents when we go into town when we do- some day it may be me) All in all - our balance of ideas not people can be if it from balance as well- just like our forms of martial arts and literature and codes and religion and philosophy and ways and ideas and .... ya get the idea. May the Force be with y’all! May it continue to be with us all as we seek it and may it find us as - AS we seek it !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi