What Is Your Personal Directive as a Jedi?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #336308 by

FollowerOfDeimos wrote: Well there is the Jedi code

Yes, but we'd love to hear how it drives you. What is your directive as a Jedi, not what code do you follow? Or how does this code push you, drive you towards something?
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336315 by
I'm presently working towards keeping my own proverbial house in order, and only asking that others stay off my proverbial lawn. I'm still working out what that really means to me, but I'll settle for personal differences and clashes resulting in myself and other involved parties simply ignoring each other peacefully.

More than once I've attempted what amounts to giving people a "dose of their own medicine ", and I can say it works about as well as one might expect; i.e., it doesn't. It demands too much of the other party, like the ability to ask oneself "Am I, in fact, wrong?" Without immediately assuring oneself, "no, they're just mean ".

I'll let you all know as soon as I figure out precisely what I'm doing, for now I'm amusing myself by occasionally looking around, spying something and saying, "Well, let's definitely not do THAT". :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336316 by
I live with passion and authenticity, having found a path worth the effort of walking. I've left a career and trade behind in pursuit of a way of life more in line with the path, and my own passion.
I guess if I had to make it snappy, I'd go for something like;

Do good and look good doing it.
Do no harm but take no crap.

But it simply comes down to good vibes, and victory.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336603 by
Well, I haven't been here for very long, but my "mission" if you will has always been to be the voice of reason, to always see both sides of an argument before making a decision, to be the outsider looking in if you will. Because to me, I see the Jedi as peacekeepers, as they normally are, but how can one keep the peace without seeing all angles?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336640 by
How does that translate into your real world practice, Deimos? What do your efforts look like in the real world?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336651 by
Typically it's whenever I'm debating someone, or watching two people debate where I usually try to defuse the situation and present both sides to make both sides realize that fighting won't solve anything.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336654 by
Fighting and debating are two entirely different things.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336659 by
My personal directive is to do good always. The way this looks in my day to day is that I (try) to always pick what’s right and just. I do community service, I humble myself in conversations (not letting people walk over me but refusing to engage in name calling or being rude; I simply state my opinion and leave it alone), I practice patience, honesty, kindness as best I can. I give all I can when asked. Occasionally I punch but not often lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336662 by
I shouldn't have used the term fighting. I merely meant it in the sense of both sides getting too defensive and not even acknowledging the other. That is just unhelpful and illogical and so i try to be the peace keeper and show both sides that the other side may have valid input, even if one doesn't agree with the other.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 weeks ago #336670 by

Williamkaede wrote: I guess if I had to make it snappy, I'd go for something like;

Do good and look good doing it.
Do no harm but take no crap.

Honestly when I read this I found it lacking. The first sentence seems an ego trip and the second sentence seems a contradiction. How do you do no harm? Especially if you take no crap?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi