Debating the existence of toxic masculinity/femininity

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #333351 by
Yeah, our perception of our experiences are completely subjective. Yet there are things that through all these experiences that we can define as objective..

Jealousy, since I used it as an example, is objectively bad due to its motivation. If you push your child out of a self-centered desire to surpass someone else, or even just to fulfill your desires for them. You ignore your child's true self and cripple their ability to manifest it.. now this may not always be the case, but selfish behaviours of the soul like this can cause pains and divisions..

Toxic/Toxicity, as we're using it, is defined as, "extremely harsh, malicious, or harmful".. So toxic behavior, whether passive(feminine) or aggressive(masculine), is objectively harmful by definition..

However, I believe that The Force works towards the best outcome for all situations.. even if we don't have the foresight to understand what that is..

Even if that abysmal shadow only creates warped reflections. They have real power in this world on people's minds, bodies, and souls. So it is the responsibility of those of us "in the know" to combat these powers within ourselves. Then project that victory outwards..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #333396 by OB1Shinobi

If you push your child out of a self-centered desire to surpass someone else, or even just to fulfill your desires for them. You ignore your child's true self and cripple their ability to manifest it.. now this may not always be the case, but selfish behaviours of the soul like this can cause pains and divisions..

Well this opens up an interesting line of thought. I vaguely remember a joke about how hard life was for the Jackson 5 children. They didnt get to be “normal” kids because they had to spend so much time practicing their music. The punchline to the joke was something like...”i wish someone had beat my ass into being rich and famous.”

:laugh:

I dont know how well that comes through over text lol

Anyway, I do agree with your point but i think my emphasis is different.

I dont have kids - which i admit is significant to my opinions about parenting lol - but ive always believed that if/when i ever did have children, i would only give them a choice about which musical instrument they learned to play and which martial art or athletic activity they prefered. There other things, like being able to read a map and shoot a gun, get a job at a certain age, have a savings account, understand credit, etc. Theres just a lot of things that i would expect them to do and to learn, regardless of how they felt.

These are all reflections of my own values and life experiences: lessons that i either benefited from having or feel i suffered for not having. And thats part of what raising children is, i assume. Partly, you want to protect them and just allow them the space to grow up healthy. But the other part is that life is a meat grinder: its competiive and dangerous and difficult and full of treachery and tragedy, and its the parent’s responsibility to prepare their children for all of that. Necessarily, that means you someties (or, often) push your children in directions they dont want to go.

People are complicated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi