Ways to experience an alien invasion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332637 by

Rosalyn J wrote: The Fossa aren't attacking right now. We are too busy calling members of our own species aliens. We haven't warranted the type of alien traffic that would lead to an invasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ABUJRGZKg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #332638 by Manu

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Or they setup shop on mars but then decide that mars is not as cool as earth and they can have a better life on earth and so they start crossing the mars earth boarder illegally in hopes that they get a better life and then they start interbreeding with humans to produce anchor babies and the next thing you know we are all aliens because we never setup a boarder wall!!!!

Been hanging out with Donald Trump too much lately? Bring me a Big Mac haha.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332640 by

Manu wrote:
Been hanging out with Donald Trump too much lately? Bring me a Big Mac haha.

All I can say is I hope hes still the president when the aliens come because the Space Force will kick ass!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332641 by
I am up for more discussions on the idea of it. Let me know what you think
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332642 by

Manu wrote: TotJO should definitely have a “Useless hypotheticals” subforum under the Humor category. :laugh:

Superior alien invading race? We are going to be eradicated, eaten, or enslaved.

Or maybe they infiltrate government and take over financial systems and resources and use capitalism to legally own us.

Your breakfast is getting cold.

Ok.

What do you base this on anyway?

Who knows what they would do?

So pretty much anyone who wants to hypothesize something is considered useless because yourself don't agree with it?

Kind of arrogant if you ask me. It's called a discussion form. You discuss. You know, about stuff?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332644 by

Yabuturtle wrote:
So pretty much anyone who wants to hypothesize something is considered useless because yourself don't agree with it?

Kind of arrogant if you ask me. It's called a discussion form. You discuss. You know, about stuff?

Seems your doing the same thing. You are disparaging manus idea just because you don't like it. As the renowned conspiracy theorist you are you should be well aware of the lizard men that have infiltrated the govt as well as the secret alien races that are already working with our govt to enslave mankind. So why all this talk of an invasion. The invasion is already under way just as you have described. The ways of force have not worked so now they are taking us over by putting us to sleep through subterfuge. ... right?

More
5 years 2 months ago #332645 by Manu

Yabuturtle wrote:

Manu wrote: TotJO should definitely have a “Useless hypotheticals” subforum under the Humor category. :laugh:

Superior alien invading race? We are going to be eradicated, eaten, or enslaved.

Or maybe they infiltrate government and take over financial systems and resources and use capitalism to legally own us.

Your breakfast is getting cold.

Ok.

What do you base this on anyway?

Who knows what they would do?

I'm sorry Yabuturtle, I didn't mean to be offensive.

I'm just musing at the fact that we tend to get caught up in these super long conversations about stuff that may never happen, or that we have almost no data about anyway to make any meaningful decision about it, while there is so much to do in terms of personal development and positively impacting society (you know, the stuff TotJO stands for).

Not that I am above it. Of course not, I do it as much as anybody else, which is why it amuses me. I like laughing at myself. Didn't mean to imply I was mocking you specifically only because you were the OP of this particular thread.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, , Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332648 by
I think we err if we automatically assume that a hypothesized visit from extraterrestrial aliens would be an invasion.

Of course, it could be so. Perhaps the first interstellar travelers we collectively encounter might be as acquisitive and violent as many humans with whom we are familiar. But there are other possibilities, too. Members of an alien species could have developed a culture that nurtures individual compassion, or they could be united in some kind of hive mind that makes causing harm to a member of their own species or a similar one inconceivable. They might just think we are an interesting curiousity, like we would regard a pack of purple kangaroos, and leave us after only a short visit. They might be galactic traders, willing to provide us with fantastic medical devices and mind-boggling computers in exchange for large quantities of Snickers bars, and Ti-D-Bol

For our part, it may be that despite our fears, we have an almost subconscious understanding that an alien culture is more likely to be wise and kind than our own. As someone once said, there's a reason that all of our equipment employed in the search for intelligent life in the universe is pointed somewhere else. :-D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332659 by
There is no need to discuss this possibility further. Its pretty obvious aliens have been here many centuries and in fact are already in the act of invasion. The thing we need to be talking about now is how to stop these diabolical creatures from deep space!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9k3n-mIDo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjLkMJ_7VcU

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332661 by
It's fine and I respect that so thank you. This was really more of a discussion on what to do in case it does happen which I think it likely will eventually in out future given our vast universe, assuming there's not another universe out there and we are one of many dimensions ect. And the more advanced one gets, the likely hood we are to encounter them and some may be hostile.

I understand it won't be everyone's cup of tea and people (Like Kyrin) assume that if I believe in one or more theories I believe in all of them. For all I know aliens are already here but I can't be certain but honestly would not be surprised due to how many secrets our government keeps, the abductions that have happened, roswell ect. Who knows if it is lizards, greys ect.

I don't think every alien contact however will be hostile and some will be like other people you get good and bad here and there.

Although no matter what it may be or how, I sometimes wonder what humanity really would do. Would we like other people surrender in order to preserve our species or just fight until the last human is alive or run away from it. It's really more of a study and discussion of how humans really would reach to such a force. It has not happened but it also does not mean it will never happen either.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi