Ways to experience an alien invasion

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332593 by
I was seeing what were some of the things you would do if extra terrestrials invaded earth

Some would have the idea of using resources, some may want to take humans and enslave even brainwash/mind control them or just destroy all of them

If they had invaded and negotiations, if any took place, failed how would you respond to it?

Would it be best to to know when to surrender if they overwhelm you? Would it be best to just all fight and keep fighting and have every single human continue to fight even if it is hopeless because it is better to die than be slave and pretty much just fight all around even if it means humanities exctinction? To fight until the last human is still standing? Would it be best to know when to retreat and go underground and live to fight another day when you are defeated because you want to keep humanity safe and not die out.

How does one go against such a force that is technologically superior? How would you go against it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332608 by
I would think that any race sufficiently advanced enough to travel between stars would have already solved any problems associated with their extinction and would therefore have no need for invasion of another sentient species planet. Im sure they would have the resources to get any raw materials from non inhabited bodies in space and colonization and teraforming techniques so far in advance the could convert non populated planets.

However if some species did invade, I would just move to mars with Elon Musk.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332613 by
Statistically, and historically, there are a handful of things that would happen.

Firstly, we may just become food. The same way we view cattle, they'd view us. Just a foreign delicacy, if we're honoured to be considered as such.

Secondly, which we see throughout the ages... they bring some sorta super bug with them and we all die, akin to that which happened in the Americas after Europeans came over to the Native populous.

Finally... and quite likely if our immune systems don't fail us and we don't prove to be rather scrumptious... slavery. We are intelligent enough, and learn quickly enough, that we could end up proving quite useful as labourers.

Perhaps I would be mistaken, and I'd love to be. But, looking back on how our race has treated those we considered technologically, intellectually, or racial inferior or at least equal... well, it's never gone well. We only now have realised the flaws of our ancestor's actions. But, perhaps, a race capable of traversing the stars may have also learned similar lessons, and perhaps may, as slim as that chance may be, be better than our race has ever been morally.

If so, I hope we can learn from them.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332619 by
It is true it will depend on what they want. If it is simply resources negotiations would need to be made first to see what they want. If they just want slaves or food i.e. us, would it not be preferable to fight until the very end?

Whatever they would have in mind, I wouldn't be for it if they simply just want to add another planet to an empire. I'd live but then I'd suffer and my children and family would suffer. Fighting would be better than living a life of misery.

Although if a species is advanced enough to come to our planet it does not necessarily mean they are superior in every way as far as the sciences go. They may not know much about robotics because they themselves didn't dwell in it like we have or chemistry or genetics.

There are a lot of people on the planet although There's a decent amount in active military but of course there's reserves, paramilitary militia ect. so there's a lot of us willing to fight. And we do have a home advantage as invaders generally have less of an advantage if they do not know the area and terrain.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332620 by

Yabuturtle wrote: It is true it will depend on what they want. If it is simply resources negotiations would need to be made first to see what they want. If they just want slaves or food i.e. us, would it not be preferable to fight until the very end?

Are you talking about as an individual or as a species? Because I think many would have different opinions. No it would not be preferable for me. Better to be alive and suffer a bit than be dead. Walking into a fight you cant win is dumb unless you want to just commit suicide. Better to bide your time and look for better ways to defeat your enemy.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. - Sun Tzu

More
5 years 3 months ago #332622 by Manu
TotJO should definitely have a “Useless hypotheticals” subforum under the Humor category. :laugh:

Superior alien invading race? We are going to be eradicated, eaten, or enslaved.

Or maybe they infiltrate government and take over financial systems and resources and use capitalism to legally own us.

Your breakfast is getting cold.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332624 by

Manu wrote: TotJO should definitely have a “Useless hypotheticals” subforum under the Humor category. :laugh:

Superior alien invading race? We are going to be eradicated, eaten, or enslaved.

Or maybe they infiltrate government and take over financial systems and resources and use capitalism to legally own us.

Your breakfast is getting cold.

Or they setup shop on mars but then decide that mars is not as cool as earth and they can have a better life on earth and so they start crossing the mars earth boarder illegally in hopes that they get a better life and then they start interbreeding with humans to produce anchor babies and the next thing you know we are all aliens because we never setup a boarder wall!!!!

More
5 years 3 months ago #332632 by For-Emris
First of all. How do you imagine the negotiations with aliens? We do not know their language. They do not know ours. In order to learn a foreign language, you need a certain time. This is provided that you have a dictionary and textbook. But here - an absolutely new, unknown language.
If a conflict begins ... Everyone will choose for themselves what to do in this situation. But, the survival of the human race is a priority. More important than personal ambition, pride or the desire to maintain power.

Love is a manifestation of the Force that unites all living creatures ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332634 by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4PYI6TzqYk

More
5 years 3 months ago #332636 by Rosalyn J
The Fossa aren't attacking right now. We are too busy calling members of our own species aliens. We haven't warranted the type of alien traffic that would lead to an invasion

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos, , For-Emris

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi