Sithism

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #340642 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Sithism
Sith-ism is almost always tied in with the dark or “wrong” tag or label; from movies and from a lot of myths. We have as far as world and religion, can be concerned with, as far as labels are concerned. I kind of wish it weren’t so but that’s a hump those who take that label or banner (and use it or even just identify with it )will have to maneuver around or adjust to- either way - it’s always the individual’s choice. Kind of like the way I get looks when I’m asked about my faith - then the movie buff jokes come out. When you boil it down - selfishness is not a bad thing at times but neither is poison or medicine - either of which at the wrong time can have the opposite effect on things.
Now a days - we have the right and the privilege to be able to identify our own faiths individually and call it - how ever we like. I ain’t seen em all but I’ve seen a few different denominations of “Jedi isms “ and there are quite a few and even more if you actually apply the fact that each individual has the right to choose and pick their own faith faiths... there could possibly be

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

7 billion and climbing.
In every faith there CAN be present a parallel type of subject - subjects - not limiting things to - selfless -
In Sithism I’m sure there is some way or a few ways there is that as well.
When applying or seeking virtues and character does it really matter on where or who... it comes from? The reason I ask is the different forms of love displayed often in myth or movies - sacrifice and selfless regardless of what color is worn or they wield- can create results. Some times it’s just a matter of who we choose to take lead today Luke or Anakin... and which at what point in their path ? Hmmm

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340653 by
Replied by on topic Sithism
I want to see if anyone else has noticed this.. or if I might be seeing things lol

I don't know anyone who practices Sithism as we might call it so idk what all it brings.. so correct me if I'm wrong..

To take the whole idea of what the "Lords of the Sith" were in SW lore and make a real world comparison. I would put Sithism and other indulgent Left Hand paths in the "Brotherhood of Darkness" category. Whereas I would compare the ancient Dark Lords of the Sith Empires to those who still practice "darker" rituals. Such as the "Cremation of Care" ceremony performed at Bohemian Grove..

So I wouldn't necessarily see those who call themselves Sith specifically as practicing it in its entirety ideologically..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340654 by

Uzima Moto wrote: I
To take the whole idea of what the "Lords of the Sith" were in SW lore and make a real world comparison. I would put Sithism and other indulgent Left Hand paths in the "Brotherhood of Darkness" category.

Brotherhood of Darkness?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #340655 by
Here's a link from wookiepedia. Essentially, they were "sith in name only" lol at least Bane might've thought so..

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_Darkness
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340657 by

Uzima Moto wrote: I want to see if anyone else has noticed this.. or if I might be seeing things lol

I don't know anyone who practices Sithism as we might call it so idk what all it brings.. so correct me if I'm wrong...

You are wrong.

I just spent several pages describing real world sith philosophy and how it works. I would suggest that instead of assuming and dictating to me and other sith what we believe and how we operate you might adopt a bit of that jedi humility you claim to be famous for and ask us instead of jump to conclusions.

Do you practice jedi whatever according to lore? Do you kidnap force sensitive children at age 5? Spend an entire lifetime in a monastary training endlessly? Die as virgins? Perform services in the name of your government? Have the ability to tell the future or move things with your mind? Wear robes and carry light sabers? (Well, bad example). If you do not then I would dare say you are not jedi. However I do not. I respect your path even though I dont understand it and I ask questions. I suggest you take an example and do the same.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340673 by

VixensVengeance wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: I want to see if anyone else has noticed this.. or if I might be seeing things lol

I don't know anyone who practices Sithism as we might call it so idk what all it brings.. so correct me if I'm wrong...

You are wrong.

I just spent several pages describing real world sith philosophy and how it works. I would suggest that instead of assuming and dictating to me and other sith what we believe and how we operate you might adopt a bit of that jedi humility you claim to be famous for and ask us instead of jump to conclusions.

Do you practice jedi whatever according to lore? Do you kidnap force sensitive children at age 5? Spend an entire lifetime in a monastary training endlessly? Die as virgins? Perform services in the name of your government? Have the ability to tell the future or move things with your mind? Wear robes and carry light sabers? (Well, bad example). If you do not then I would dare say you are not jedi. However I do not. I respect your path even though I dont understand it and I ask questions. I suggest you take an example and do the same.

Still out on the telekinesis thing lol.. and as corrupt govermnents are these days. I hope we're not just following orders.. kidnapping is illegal to.. I hope nobody got any ideas lol.. there are people who live in monasteries. Just like there are people who practice ritual mock sacrifices to transform their psyche..

The way you seem to describe Sithism is almost how I've heard some describe Satanism. Personally, though, I don't regard Satanism the same as dealing with actual Satanic powers of the mind like disunity or distortion of life.. using confusion and chaos to destroy in order to impose your will on others for power..

The left hand path is twofold. Fire and Darkness. These are the ideas behind the Sith concept philosophically. The Flame is one thing, Darkness is a different beast. That's the distinction I'm trying to relate.. I don't mean to offend..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340675 by

Uzima Moto wrote: The way you seem to describe Sithism is almost how I've heard some describe Satanism. Personally, though, I don't regard Satanism the same as dealing with actual Satanic powers of the mind like disunity or distortion of life.. using confusion and chaos to destroy in order to impose your will on others for power..

Please, explain everything I made bold and colored blue.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #340686 by

Tempest Nox wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: The way you seem to describe Sithism is almost how I've heard some describe Satanism. Personally, though, I don't regard Satanism the same as dealing with actual Satanic powers of the mind like disunity or distortion of life.. using confusion and chaos to destroy in order to impose your will on others for power..

Please, explain everything I made bold and colored blue.

Be careful when you do.. but the best cosmology I've seen in regards to this is "Sitra Archa" be advised though. This is some of the darkest knowledge you will find. Brace your spirit before you get too heavy into it..

In simple terms, there are "powers" that act against the natural manifestation process of Living Spirit..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #340687 by

Uzima Moto wrote:
The way you seem to describe Sithism is almost how I've heard some describe Satanism. Personally, though, I don't regard Satanism the same as dealing with actual Satanic powers of the mind like disunity or distortion of life.. using confusion and chaos to destroy in order to impose your will on others for power..

The left hand path is twofold. Fire and Darkness. These are the ideas behind the Sith concept philosophically. The Flame is one thing, Darkness is a different beast. That's the distinction I'm trying to relate.. I don't mean to offend..

So you do admit that you do not practice Jediism according to Star Wars Lore. So why then would you assume that Sith would practice their philosophy according to that lore?

You demonstrate a woeful lack of understanding in your comments of both the Sith and the Satanic path. Roughly considered, both can be left hand paths but that is where the similarity ends. Satanism is a hedonistic path that seeks pleasure as a primary goal. But the Sith path seeks passion as a primary goal and uses conflict as a motivator. These two paths could not be more different in those regards.

So you may not mean to offend but your continued assertions (I put in bold above) are offensive. I dont even know what you mean by most of them and so I am just as curious as Tempest and would like you to explain why you feel its ok to just say such things that are just in error. And what makes it worse is that you know they are in error because I, as a Sith, have told you they are in error. Who better would know than an actual Sith?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #340690 by

Uzima Moto wrote: Be careful when you do.. but the best cosmology I've seen in regards to this is "Sitra Archa" be advised though. This is some of the darkest knowledge you will find. Brace your spirit before you get too heavy into it..

In simple terms, there are "powers" that act against the natural manifestation process of Living Spirit..

"This is some of the darkest knowledge you will find." Which? The source of evil in Kabbalah? The void in some RPG? Seems similar to what Anti-Cosmic Satanists get into.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi