Sithism

More
23 Apr 2015 16:44 #189385 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Sithism

Jonus wrote: I have to agree with ob1shinobi Sith want power and will harm anyone which happens to be in their path to get it.


Are you a Sith?

If not, what makes you an expert?

Just asking..:)

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radar6590, Goken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 16:58 - 23 Apr 2015 17:05 #189386 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Sithism

OB1Shinobi wrote: heres a question - what has been said here at this point today that is an attack or is a negative remark?

Rickie wrote: I'm sorry I think this dark/light jedi/sith stuff is crapolla.


well i think this explains why i value forgiveness
lol - sorry

although i agree with the gist of rickie's comments i do see your point

if anyone needs me ill be over here prying my foot out of my mouth
:leaves

Beware of unearned wisdom.
-Carl Jung
Last edit: 23 Apr 2015 17:05 by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 16:59 #189387 by Goken
Replied by Goken on topic Sithism
Assuming that just because someone identifies with the Sith philisophy (the real life version, not the fictional movie version because there is a difference) that they are evil is like assuming that every muslim has a bomb strapped to their chest. I'd like to think that the latter is something that we can all agree is wrong to assume.

I'd also like to think that we aren't going to judge a philosophy without learning about it first. Like when a child says that they don't like a particular food when they haven't ever tried it before. They need to try it first, then they can say if they don't like it or not. (BTW I was totally that kid, I missed out on so much good food just because I was stubborn. I want those first fifteen years back to enjoy cottage cheese! :woohoo: )

Per fraternitate consurgamus
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 17:00 #189388 by Rickie
Replied by Rickie on topic Sithism

Zenchi wrote: someone always becomes offended and has to attack it? color]


I'm for one am not offended? I just don't see this as a black/white issue. :)

Peace, kindness, compassion, tolerance, truth, knowledge, strength of mind, body and spirit are not always companions of mine but are always pursued.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 17:13 #189389 by Khaos
Replied by Khaos on topic Sithism
As I said, I have been almost two decades on the path.

Most of the reading I would recommend would be from many of my peers, rather than Robert Greene, etc, although I agree with Connor that "Mastery" is a great book.

For much of that time, there was no fiction for Sith.

Sith centric books are a fairly new phenomenon within the mythos.

Hell, we predated what is known as the Sith code by 3 years.

There just wasnt a lot to draw from fictionally, even the movies, 4,5,6, etc did not focus on the Sith as an Order, and only in the screenplay were they referred to as "Sith". However, there were no real exploration into any working methodology.

Much of the earliest writings and explorations are indeed heavily cliche, but we could not carry a cliche, because life, does not fit into a cliche universe.

So we adapted, and for many years did so with what we could, building, adding, etc.

Then the fiction caught up, but by that time, we had created a fairly strong base on our own.

You dont have to like it, which is a given, but really, there is a lot more to this path than anyone other than those that were in it and building on it can see and probably appreciate.

When people bring up Sith, I do not even consider a fictional archetype.

What comes to mind are people I have known, worked with, bonded with, etc over the years.

Miles, Richard,James, Rick, Ben,Crystal,etc.

Some have more colorful screen names, but I know there real ones.

These are the Sith I know.

I know its terribly disappointing for those that want us to when we cannot live up to a fictional archetype, but neither have I seen any Jedi do so either.

What makes these conversations irritating is that it has been the same one for almost two decades.

You are this...

Actually, no.

Yes, you are, and if your not this, than you cant be what you say you are.

Whatever....

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Hugs and Kisses.
~Khaos~
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor, Luthien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 17:29 #189391 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sithism
Ad nauseam....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 17:55 - 23 Apr 2015 17:56 #189394 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Sithism

Zenchi wrote: Ad nauseam....


I quoted Zenchi, but I dont address it to him, more to the air, and an out loud pondering about it... Where it is written "you" I mean "an indivdual"...



The thing about it is, that is (generally) new people who dont understand, and who you has to defend their views to...

The ones you have already explained it too, have long since quit asking you (as a group) and actually join your frustration....

Even if you never spoke in defense of Sith ways on TOTJO, the Jedi who understand would... Just as we would and do, about Islamists, Pagans, Atheists, or any other philosophical belief/non-belief system...

We that associate with 'Jedi" do too, maybe more so than the Sith, as we have many more role-players... And get more TV, radio, print, time with it....

Like we tell anyone who gets sick of something, 'you dont have to respond'....

I wonder if it is an 'emo-ish/like' "you dont understand me", or, really, the attention is really desired...

No judgement, I really dont care, lol, anyone can call themselves what they wish...

I just find it interesting....:)

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 23 Apr 2015 17:56 by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rickie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 18:04 #189398 by Khaos
Replied by Khaos on topic Sithism

The ones you have already explained it too, have long since quit asking you (as a group) and actually join your frustration....


Actually, one doesnt have to ask to show the same level of not understanding you, or apparently not listening. Also, I have not necessarily had those that have I have explained it too to quit asking.

Sharing frustration, in a way yes, and in a way, no.

Still, its hardly just from new people.

Like we tell anyone who gets sick of something, 'you dont have to respond'....


This is untrue for many things, and have to is not always the reason one does something, even if its something your sick of.

I wonder if it is an 'emo-ish/like' "you dont understand me", or, really, the attention is really desired...


Neither.

Its the simple notion that nothing ever comes of it, there is ultimately no moving forward.

It would be refreshing for the conversation to evolve in some way, but it doesnt, even for those who "quit asking", as just because they do not ask, again, does not mean things have actually moved forward.

Attention is something one gets when they respond, if they intend to be a part of the conversation.

Even if one does not understand, it would be good to have another avenue to talk about.

Any amount of research, that is, just reading posts should destroy any such notions that we, as in Jedi or Sith, fit into any movie cliche.

So then, the question is less one of whether or not there is a misunderstanding, but why, given the evidence, the thought process still exists.

Frustration comes from the fact that there is more than enough to make such a question, even to a newcomer, rather an ignorant one.

Hugs and Kisses.
~Khaos~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, LTK, Luthien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 18:17 - 23 Apr 2015 18:18 #189400 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Sithism
Right, there's quite a difference between engaging in a conversation because you're interested, and just wanting to be noticed or heard. Then it's no longer an intelligent conversation or discussion, but an expression for attention. In the words of a popular SNL skit...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 23 Apr 2015 18:18 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Luthien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2015 19:08 #189406 by LTK
Replied by LTK on topic Sithism
I don't know much about the modern Sith but I'm pretty sure they're not trying to emulate all aspects of the fictional characters that carried the name.

Should I get the desire to learn more about modern Sith, I'll be sure to ask one.

Master: Jestor
τελευταία ευκαιρία
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick