Sithism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #340712 by
Replied by on topic Sithism

Uzima Moto wrote: I'm just stating my opinion. I've looked a tad bit into Satanism. However, I'm trying to paint a broad picture. A spectrum of sorts.. of the Dark Side.. as per the lore and real life practices.. Sithism may not even be on this spectrum depending on the practitioner..

Stating your opinion doesn't generally involve making matter-of-fact statements, does it? Yet, you've made plenty of them. You even addressed the matter as if you knew it intimately. Yet, you don't as you just admitted.

Uzima Moto wrote: The Dark is very real, I think none would argue against that..

Some would.

Uzima Moto wrote: what's its nature is a different debate. My opinion, based on some research into occult practices, is that true Darkness is antithetical to Light. They stand in opposition to each other. One being All, the other the absence of All.

Either do more research and know what you are talking about or just stop talking about it. Okay?

Uzima Moto wrote: All, as in both the active(m) and passive(f) forces of Life Force that create our reality.. Chaos is the perversion, confusion, and oppression of its (Life) power..

Please, do more research.

Uzima Moto wrote: the action of which is like a blazing fire.. that fire is where most Left hand paths sit, in my view. The indulgence of passion, whatever those passions may be, to increase in personal power. Even if it may destroy others in the process. "Do what thou Wilt" is the law of this philosophy..

"shall be the whole of the law. Love is law, love under will."
"There is no law beyond do what thou wilt"

Crowley's phrase doesn't define the entire LHP. Why do you think it does? As for "destroying" others. Care to give me an example of "destroying" someone?

Uzima Moto wrote: Though, there seems to be a line crossed when a practitioner uses his power to control others through means of psychological manipulation. Using them as extensions of his will. They devour the purpose of others. That is what I see as true darkness.

Using psychological manipulation for personal gain is "true darkness"? By this standard, most human beings are exercising "true darkness" then. Right?

Do you even think about what you write out before you do so or do you just "go with it", unaware you sound incredibly ignorant to those of us who might know something about the things you spout on about?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #340717 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Sithism
All chains are good chains, provided they are difficult break.... otherwise it's just become its own moral paradigm! So ya can't have it both ways, 'no moral paradigm but chainy things are bad', unless Sith Realism is just another self motivation tribe, which might goto explain why it seems to use its symbols for self identity rather then as signs to some deeper architecture of practice. People can call themselves anything, and even be in groups calling themselves something, but it probably matters more what they are doing rather then what they call themselves. Same applies to concepts in discussing activity and theories, which is why fiction can have reference. I don't think there is any need for people to insult each other though, conversation doesn't have to be so threatening does it? Pitching each others version at each other can be bashed out minus the emotional jabs..... or it should best be IMO. To me resorting to personal attacks is just a sign of a superficial argument running out of depth. Not to suggest conversations cannot get emotional, rather I've just always seen emotions as a power source for Sith to improve performance - and not the desired state for a fleeting sensation of power. To me that is an important difference between making the Sith path serve oneself, rather then serving to it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340720 by

Adder wrote: All chains are good chains, provided they are difficult break.... otherwise it's just become its own moral paradigm! So ya can't have it both ways, 'no moral paradigm but chainy things are bad', unless Sith Realism is just another self motivation tribe, which might goto explain why it seems to use its symbols for self identity rather then as signs to some deeper architecture of practice. People can call themselves anything, and even be in groups calling themselves something, but it probably matters more what they are doing rather then what they call themselves. Same applies to concepts in discussing activity and theories, which is why fiction can have reference. I don't think there is any need for people to insult each other though, conversation doesn't have to be so threatening does it? Pitching each others version at each other can be bashed out minus the emotional jabs..... or it should best be IMO. To me resorting to personal attacks is just a sign of a superficial argument running out of depth. Not to suggest conversations cannot get emotional, rather I've just always seen emotions as a power source for Sith to improve performance - and not the desired state for a fleeting sensation of power. To me that is an important difference between making the Sith path serve oneself, rather then serving to it.

I don't see personal morality as a chain, at least not in my case. My morals are part of what makes me more than a two dimensional being. My morals are to me things I've etched into metaphorical stone blocks. They are testaments to my experience, to what I care about. What is more? They are truly mine, born of strongly held convictions. For example, I have come to detest those who prey on the helpless. I even wrote it into my personal code. "If you want prey, seek your equals."

I know exactly what it means to exist without morality because I've done it. I ended up without convictions, so elastic, so adaptable, I lost all sense of myself. I've come to realize just how incredibly important having a personal moral code is. How important it is to have things I stand for, stand by, and would die to protect.

As for what you said about the "self motivation tribe", that's my opinion of exactly what most Sith orders have become.

More
4 years 7 months ago #340749 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sithism

Tempest Nox wrote: As for what you said about the "self motivation tribe", that's my opinion of exactly what most Sith orders have become.

Do you see this as a good thing, or a bad thing?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340751 by

Manu wrote: Do you see this as a good thing, or a bad thing?

I have contempt for it. Does that answer your question?

More
4 years 7 months ago #340752 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sithism

Tempest Nox wrote:

It answer the good or bad part. Why do you have contempt for it?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #340753 by

Manu wrote:

Tempest Nox wrote:

It answer the good or bad part. Why do you have contempt for it?

Perhaps a better response is that I have no respect for it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #340764 by

VixensVengeance wrote: Uzima,

You looked a tad bit into Satanism?
You did some research into occult practices?

And then you quote mine Aleister Crowley to make your point? In any case the entire quote actually says:

“Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".
"Love is the law, love under will."

Crowley also said, “It is the mark of the mind untrained to take its own processes as valid for all men, and its own judgments for absolute truth.”

Not to be overly critical but you seem to have the inability to separate reality from fantasy. Can you carry on an actual conversation without involving imaginary characters or situations?

I don't think there's a space for you to criticize my use of fictional characters to relate to real life situations..

However, I can give you a real world example if those others don't work.

I'm not sure if you've heard, but every summer around this time there's a retreat held deep in the woods. Prominent and influential American figures attend this festival. Those who have careers in places of power and govermnent. At this ceremony, they've set up a nice altar with a giant Owl statue. A representation of all encompassing wisdom in strategy, which can be predatorial..

At this certain time, at this certain altar, they hold a certain ritual. They have men in robes carry an effigy to the altar. The name of the sacrifice is Care. They make some pronouncements and what not. Followed by the phrase, "Midsummer sets us free" as they burn the symbol on the altar.. Cremating their care..

So, you have people in places where you would want people to have the most empathy burning away that instinct. This is where you get crimes such as 911 being perpetrated by govt elements.. or secret invasive and experimental programs like operations bluebird and artichoke respectively.. The transformation is subtle, not some blazing special effects hallucination. This occurs deep in the psyche.. The only difference between a psychopath and a sociopath is that the latter are made. Whereas the former was born.. and this is a purposeful act of developing psychopathy.. the ability to be unconnected.. to not feel, yet understand what feeling is.. and exploit it..

Maybe the truth is actually stranger than fantasy.. because this is partially what I mean by real world "Sith Magic".. a real world threat to us all.. to put you on their level would do you a disservice in my book.

Uzima Moto wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:
Tell me, what is this "something" you speak of? And why do you feel its not practiced as a Sith?

Manipulation of Life to serve your selfish desires.. the separation of one's self from the interconnectedness of The Force.. there's a difference between accidentally and purposeful acts of Darkness though.. in fact, I think your comment on compassion at the point of death was a good example..

If you were to just pull the plug without getting her ready inwardly for the journey.. Assuming she is able to communicate.. you could cause her great fear and confusion which would weight her down throughout her transition to other planes. That would be accidental..

Purposeful is if you pushed for the plug to be pulled just to get at the inheritance. While maintaining the mournful facade.. something Palpatine would do..

I would say that manipulation of life is the primary goal of a Sith. I also believe that even a selfless act is an act of selfishness. It serves to make the individual doing the action to feel good. It becomes more satanic than Jedi in that regard. But would I accuse the Jedi of being Satanists as you have accused us of not being Sith but instead dark Jedi, no, I would not. That is the difference between you and I.

As for my example of grandma on her death bed, I don’t believe we go anywhere after we die so that point is moot. However even if we did go somewhere after we die, it is not my responsibility to prepare granny for anything. That is her responsibility, not mine. She is responsible for her own life and if she hasn’t prepared herself, well that’s on her.

As for getting that reward of inheritance for pulling the plug. You are damn right I would think about it. Contrary to your idea, mourning and self-indulgence are not a dichotomy. You can actually experience both at the same time. It is human nature. Because of that you would experience that greed as well. The difference is that I admit it while you hide from it in fear.

1. I'm not meaning to accuse you of faking. I've never tried to make that point. Although, I'm almost certain others would, in other respects. I'm just saying there's a real world equivalent to Sith Sorcery from what I've seen. So personally, I wouldn't compare you to "Dark Lords", just dark jedi.. As for selfless behavior. There are other motivations. You may genuinely want to see someone prosper, or can empathize with their troubles and want to see another survive like you did.. to empower another for the sake of empowerment.. but I'm really trying to get past these titles folks put so much stock in..

2. That seems like the opposite of compassion. I would think that even though she is responsible for her own life. We still have a responsibility towards one another. To do what we can to uplift others, if wanted. All we can do is offer, though. Force or coercion is negative in my view.

3. I wouldn't run from it. I'd confront it and deal with it. Eventually deciding that whatever the inheritance, it isn't necessary for my happiness nor success. In the end, I would decide that it should help whoever needed it most.. that's rising above human nature, above the beast. That is Love, and Will under Love..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340765 by
Uzima,

Fancy that, you’re familiar with that ol’ ritual. However, you don’t seem familiar with the reasons for the ritual itself. In other words, I’m reading a lot of conspiracy rhetoric, not much else.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #340767 by

Tempest Nox wrote: Uzima,

Fancy that, you’re familiar with that ol’ ritual. However, you don’t seem familiar with the reasons for the ritual itself. In other words, I’m reading a lot of conspiracy rhetoric, not much else.

Whatever excuses given, I see its affect on the practitioners through their real world activities.. like some members of the Bush Family..

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi