Sithism

More
29 Jul 2019 16:03 #340691 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic Sithism
Depends on which Jedi you mean. In many ways, I practice the Potentium Theory.. but you're looking at this opposite of me.. as Sith and Jedi are just reconstructions of real world knowledge and practices put into a fictional universe. Anyone can contruct a Left Hand Path and call it Sith. As anyone can do the same with Jedi on the Right Hand

I'm sure some Satanists would disagree with your interpretation. However, it's still left hand.. and as you fail to understand, I'm making a real world comparison to a fictional concept..

The point of which was never to say you can't be Sith. It was to bring to attention the reality of a real world equivalent to "Ancient Sith Magic".. So, personally, I would not consider you Sith, just Dark Jedi because this lack of practice in something that is a cornerstone of any real world "Dark Side" cult. Voodoo, Luciferianism, and others..

Sithism, IMO, seems to practice the Flame aspect of the Left Hand Path. Like Satanism and others.. but there are others who study the "Abyss" aspect..

There are sith, then there are Dark Lords..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 17:00 #340693 by Phoenix Vidensia
Replied by Phoenix Vidensia on topic Sithism

Uzima Moto wrote: I would not consider you Sith, just Dark Jedi because this lack of practice in something that is a cornerstone of any real world "Dark Side" cult. Voodoo, Luciferianism, and others..

Sithism, IMO, seems to practice the Flame aspect of the Left Hand Path. Like Satanism and others.. but there are others who study the "Abyss" aspect..

There are sith, then there are Dark Lords..


I recognize him as a Sith Realist. You? You have much to say, yet you say nothing. I’m curious, have you ever practiced Satanism?

... Meh ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 17:07 #340694 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Uzima Moto wrote: So, personally, I would not consider you Sith, just Dark Jedi because this lack of practice in something that is a cornerstone of any real world "Dark Side" cult. Voodoo, Luciferianism, and others..


Tell me, what is this "something" you speak of? And why do you feel its not practiced as a Sith?

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 17:08 #340695 by Phoenix Vidensia
Replied by Phoenix Vidensia on topic Sithism

VixensVengeance wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: So, personally, I would not consider you Sith, just Dark Jedi because this lack of practice in something that is a cornerstone of any real world "Dark Side" cult. Voodoo, Luciferianism, and others..


Tell me, what is this "something" you speak of? And why do you feel its not practiced as a Sith?

Friend, I suspect he has a narrow view of Satanism as well as Sithism.

... Meh ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 17:25 #340696 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar

Tempest Nox wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: So, personally, I would not consider you Sith, just Dark Jedi because this lack of practice in something that is a cornerstone of any real world "Dark Side" cult. Voodoo, Luciferianism, and others..


Tell me, what is this "something" you speak of? And why do you feel its not practiced as a Sith?

Friend, I suspect he has a narrow view of Satanism as well as Sithism.



I could not agree more.

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 19:11 #340698 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic Sithism

Tempest Nox wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: I would not consider you Sith, just Dark Jedi because this lack of practice in something that is a cornerstone of any real world "Dark Side" cult. Voodoo, Luciferianism, and others..

Sithism, IMO, seems to practice the Flame aspect of the Left Hand Path. Like Satanism and others.. but there are others who study the "Abyss" aspect..

There are sith, then there are Dark Lords..


I recognize him as a Sith Realist. You? You have much to say, yet you say nothing. I’m curious, have you ever practiced Satanism?


I'm just stating my opinion. I've looked a tad bit into Satanism. However, I'm trying to paint a broad picture. A spectrum of sorts.. of the Dark Side.. as per the lore and real life practices.. Sithism may not even be on this spectrum depending on the practitioner..

The Dark is very real, I think none would argue against that.. what's its nature is a different debate. My opinion, based on some research into occult practices, is that true Darkness is antithetical to Light. They stand in opposition to each other. One being All, the other the absence of All. All, as in both the active(m) and passive(f) forces of Life Force that create our reality.. Chaos is the perversion, confusion, and oppression of its (Life) power.. the action of which is like a blazing fire.. that fire is where most Left hand paths sit, in my view. The indulgence of passion, whatever those passions may be, to increase in personal power. Even if it may destroy others in the process. "Do what thou Wilt" is the law of this philosophy..

Though, there seems to be a line crossed when a practitioner uses his power to control others through means of psychological manipulation. Using them as extensions of his will. They devour the purpose of others. That is what I see as true Darkness..

I wonder, do Sith Realists practice as Palpatine or Bane? There are real people who do in more ways than one..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 19:21 #340699 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic Sithism

VixensVengeance wrote:

Uzima Moto wrote: So, personally, I would not consider you Sith, just Dark Jedi because this lack of practice in something that is a cornerstone of any real world "Dark Side" cult. Voodoo, Luciferianism, and others..


Tell me, what is this "something" you speak of? And why do you feel its not practiced as a Sith?


Manipulation of Life to serve your selfish desires.. the separation of one's self from the interconnectedness of The Force.. there's a difference between accidentally and purposeful acts of Darkness though.. in fact, I think your comment on compassion at the point of death was a good example..

If you were to just pull the plug without getting her ready inwardly for the journey.. Assuming she is able to communicate.. you could cause her great fear and confusion which would weight her down throughout her transition to other planes. That would be accidental..

Purposeful is if you pushed for the plug to be pulled just to get at the inheritance. While maintaining the mournful facade.. something Palpatine would do..

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 19:26 #340701 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Sithism
I wonder, do Sith Realists practice as Palpatine or Bane? There are real people who do in more ways than one...

Do you Yoda or Solo or even hobbit like Frodo ? Does it matter the origin of the myth? Who or where we learn ... faith or love or anything from? Who says we can’t do things we don’t try? Selfishness is a trait but can there be a just version? Ever seen one ? Love - we all know what we like and don’t like (I hope so) or at least we try some days. Who can say which form of love is better or worse until you put the main character into the story. Is there more than one version of character we seek? I know during my study I’ve found sooooo many versions of love that work but are not for me. Doesn’t make the others wrong - just not what I chose.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 19:26 #340702 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Sithism
I wonder, do Sith Realists practice as Palpatine or Bane? There are real people who do in more ways than one...

Do you Yoda or Solo or even hobbit like Frodo ? Does it matter the origin of the myth? Who or where we learn ... faith or love or anything from? Who says we can’t do things we don’t try? Selfishness is a trait but can there be a just version? Ever seen one ? Love - we all know what we like and don’t like (I hope so) or at least we try some days. Who can say which form of love is better or worse until you put the main character into the story. Is there more than one version of character we seek? I know during my study I’ve found sooooo many versions of love that work but are not for me. Doesn’t make the others wrong - just not what I chose.

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 22:25 - 29 Jul 2019 22:26 #340711 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar
Uzima,

You looked a tad bit into Satanism?
You did some research into occult practices?

And then you quote mine Aleister Crowley to make your point? In any case the entire quote actually says:

“Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law".
"Love is the law, love under will."

Crowley also said, “It is the mark of the mind untrained to take its own processes as valid for all men, and its own judgments for absolute truth.”

Not to be overly critical but you seem to have the inability to separate reality from fantasy. Can you carry on an actual conversation without involving imaginary characters or situations?





Uzima Moto wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:
Tell me, what is this "something" you speak of? And why do you feel its not practiced as a Sith?


Manipulation of Life to serve your selfish desires.. the separation of one's self from the interconnectedness of The Force.. there's a difference between accidentally and purposeful acts of Darkness though.. in fact, I think your comment on compassion at the point of death was a good example..

If you were to just pull the plug without getting her ready inwardly for the journey.. Assuming she is able to communicate.. you could cause her great fear and confusion which would weight her down throughout her transition to other planes. That would be accidental..

Purposeful is if you pushed for the plug to be pulled just to get at the inheritance. While maintaining the mournful facade.. something Palpatine would do..




I would say that manipulation of life is the primary goal of a Sith. I also believe that even a selfless act is an act of selfishness. It serves to make the individual doing the action to feel good. It becomes more satanic than Jedi in that regard. But would I accuse the Jedi of being Satanists as you have accused us of not being Sith but instead dark Jedi, no, I would not. That is the difference between you and I.

As for my example of grandma on her death bed, I don’t believe we go anywhere after we die so that point is moot. However even if we did go somewhere after we die, it is not my responsibility to prepare granny for anything. That is her responsibility, not mine. She is responsible for her own life and if she hasn’t prepared herself, well that’s on her.

As for getting that reward of inheritance for pulling the plug. You are damn right I would think about it. Contrary to your idea, mourning and self-indulgence are not a dichotomy. You can actually experience both at the same time. It is human nature. Because of that you would experience that greed as well. The difference is that I admit it while you hide from it in fear.

Solve' et coagula
Non serviam
Last edit: 29 Jul 2019 22:26 by VixensVengeance aka Kyrin Wyldstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phoenix Vidensia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick