Kit Resignation from Several Positions

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298955 by Kit
As some of you know, my mental and physical health have been in steady decline over the last few years, and my husband is away for the next five months so I've been pretending to be a single mother. I've been very careful about the responsibilities I've taken on here, but with recent events both here and offline, I've come to realize that I don't have enough spoons to do what's really important to me anymore, much less have enough spoons to spend on these positions like they rightly deserve.

As of now, I'm resigning most of my positions here at TotJO. If you want to take up any of these please feel free to PM me. I'll do turnover with you as best I can and get you in touch with the people who can get you the access you need. Anyone who's sent me Novice requests or IP completion before now, I'll still be working those for you.

I still wish to do my best for the Temple in the role as Adviser if you'll still have me. But here are the list of positions I'm resigning.

IP Team Lead
Public relations and marketing
POC for Novice rank requests
POC for IP Completion
[strike]Education Administration[/strike]
Fundraiser Organizer (I will still be happy to make things as I can, or offer my experience but I cannot run them)
Hrm...I feel like I'm forgetting something haha

I also will not be taking any new apprentices for the foreseeable future.

It's been my honor to serve in these positions for as long as I was able.

To my IP Team: you guys have been amazing! This has by far been the best project I've worked on, and you all made it so. I hope this doesn't cause the team to disband, I hope we can find you a better Lead. I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to dedicate what I wanted to you. Thank you so much for picking up my slack.

I'm sorry for the suddenness of this, but I'm finally coming to terms with my own limited capabilities. Please feel free to PM me with any questions you have, I'll be happy to answer them.

May the Force be with us all, and with much love,
Kit
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Nakis, Wescli Wardest, , Alexandre Orion and 11 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298956 by
I'm willing to help in any capacity I'm allowed. I'm only a novice but have been around for a bit.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #298957 by Brick
Kit,

I'd just like to say a massive thank you for the ridiculous amount of effort you've put in to helping this temple over the years. Especially considering everything you have going on in your offline life, you've consistently gone above and beyond! You're a much valued part of this community.

Thanks for everything!

Edit: I appreciate that I'm only an apprentice, but I'm happy to help out wherever I can

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
6 years 7 months ago #298960 by Nakis
Thank you for everything you've done and the discussions we've had. I hope what's going on in your life gets better soon so you can go back to doing what you love! Again, thank you, your impact will echo and your stepping back will be felt, but you've left it in a better place than when you've found it, I believe. :)

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Brick

More
6 years 7 months ago #298967 by Kobos
Thank you for your service kit and everything else you do for us here!

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298969 by
Thanks for everything Kit! You helped me get settled in plenty, whether you intended to or not.

P.S. forks are the new spoons :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298981 by

But seriously, you have been amazing in every position you have held here. Your determination and skills will be missed, but you deserve to look after yourself and your family. Be well, Kit, and reach out if you ever need anything.

Oh, and you will always have my support as a Knight Adviser. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Respect,
Senan

More
6 years 7 months ago #298987 by Wescli Wardest
I am very grateful for all you have done and wish you well in your endeavors. :)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299003 by
I think we all understand you're taking the steps that you have to for your own self-care, Kit. I'd rather see you step back and stick around than burn out and vanish. If you need anything, from a listening ear to (hypothetically) helping you get rid of the bodies, my door will always be open for you.

Thank you for everything you've done for the Temple and for me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299005 by
Thank you for your services, you have been great to all of us and we all support your decision! I wish you the best both here in the Temple and out in the world :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi