Lightsaber Meditation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340368 by
Lightsaber Meditation was created by
The lightsaber is an elegant weapon. It is symbolic of truth and justice, cutting through the lies of corruption. For this meditation, it is simple. Meditate to the hum of your lightsaber. A toy one will work just fine. If you have a real one, that would be even better as the sound fonts are nice and loud and the blades are bright and realistic like in the Star Wars movies. As you meditate, you may close your eyes and focus on the hum of the saber or you may leave your eyes open and focus on the blade. Sit in meditation for at least five minutes. This is your battle meditation, your call to action to defend against corruption.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340373 by
Replied by on topic Lightsaber Meditation
Also for those who cant afford a saber, there are free sound fonts you can download and put the hum on repeat.

More
4 years 5 months ago #344940 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Lightsaber Meditation
This is very interesting, never thought about it before ... I will try it out tonight. Now where's my darn charger? B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

More
4 years 5 months ago #344984 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Lightsaber Meditation
So not bad, sort of like ambient / white noise. Found that I was listening to the sound more than concentrating but with anything new that's to be expected.
I will certainly give it some more time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #344993 by
Very interesting.

What if you added a specific Kendo-like Kata using one of the lightsaber forms, and meditated while you mindfully practice a sequence of movements over and over?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345333 by
My saber has sound yet also if you don't have sound your energy goes into your saber so humming to build that energy up is the equivilent. You end up using your force to create the hum and it's pretty cool to feel that. It's how i started with my training saber which was found by a tree who gave me permission to take it off the ground.
Just an another option in case you do not have sound(: mtfbwy and hey thanks to the poster for sharing this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345360 by
Thank you for the share! My lightsaber (which is a silly cheap plastic toy) went wrong so I will simply use visualization, and maybe the image of the ceremonial lightsaber hilt design I made for TOTJF Apprentice trials. Hope I can afford Saberforge sabers once (it is said, they are really good, contrary to Ultrasabers!) .

Also, one of my favourite Codes ever, the Crystal Code will help this meditation for sure:

"The crystal is the heart of the blade.
The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
The Force is the blade of the heart.
All are intertwined.
The crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
We are one."

<3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #345437 by
I have tried that on Monday around 7pm , I have to say I loved it and may continue doing it more since it's now dark outside and enjoy the glow of my lightsaber, it's red so it also is easy on the eyes when I go outside afterwards and use my telescope.

More
4 years 5 months ago #345438 by forestjedi
Replied by forestjedi on topic Lightsaber Meditation
I like the idea of this.

Something which occurred to me was, it would be cool to have some kind of crystal stand which shines light of your choice of colour into a crystal you could wear when not meditating, whilst optionally emitting that lightsaber hum.

Perhaps something like this, with the guts of a cheap toy lightsaber sound emitter wired into it?

Of course... this is all secondary to the actual business of meditating, but it would be nice to wear a crystal which could serve as the focal point of meditation in this way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , J. K. Barger

More
4 years 5 months ago #345441 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic Lightsaber Meditation
Very cool technique! I think I will try it and get back to y'all!

The Force is with you, always.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi