you could be right Kit :) Hail to the Empire! ;) lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292099 by
Replied by on topic Shielding Bracelets
well I can't find the tags. I think I threw them out already so not sure what the sizes are. The green beads are the biggest, white medium and rainbow tiny tiny spacer's.

So far I have Mopped the floor (Hands and Knees) Carried heavy crates up and down stairs, Shot up some paper with rifle/pistol and regular chores around the house and its not only held up to the abuse, but never once got in the way ^_^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292571 by
I do this! I'm glad to know other people do, too :)

Mine vary depending on what I'm feeling. I make one with stones/colors that seem right for the moment and when I feel like I should change the bracelet I take it apart and make a new one that feels appropriate. One common stone I nearly always use is rainbow moonstone, though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292572 by
There's a bunch of good sources of beads on Etsy. Just make sure to read the description: they indicate whether it's genuine stone or not.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292595 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Shielding Bracelets
As a prayer bead maker, I'd like to suggest eBay. I've found many good stones at a reasonable price there.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kit,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292828 by
Here's my current one. It's a bit hard to tell in the picture, but there are 4 types of beads in the strand: malachite, rose quartz, moonstone, and silicon.

Attachment IMG_20170725_180145221.jpg not found

The numbers, in the same order, are 9, 10, 11, and 5. There's also 1 white lotis shaped focal bead and 1 tassel with 2 parts. The numbers are important. The Baha'i Faith tends to use 9, 19, and 95 for meditations. So there's 9 malachite, then add 10 rose quartz for 19, then multiply by 5 silicon for 95. For Jedi, there's the 5 silicon for the Code, and then add 11 moonstone for 16 Teachings. The large white focus bead plus two dangling tassel things are 3 for the Tenants, and I can also use the 9 malachite, 10 moonstone, 1 focus bead, and call it 1 tassel for a total of 21 for the Maxims.
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292859 by
Just wanted to say I am pleased to see this topic surface. It has been a long time, either here or in daily life, that I have encounted a conversation about the sort of empathy Trisskar described in the very first post of this thread - an empathy of energy rather than of listening. It's an important practice for our time IMHO, and it's a joy to see others appreciating it too.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292867 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Shielding Bracelets
I wanted to share my necklace with you!

It's a slice of polished caribou antler I've drilled and hung on a leather necklace. I also made a totem/fetish/idol of Fox of clay, and while I was at it, I hand shaped two beads of the same clay that day. Those went to frame the antler slice so I can carry a part of him with me.

When I feel I need more strength or energy, I wear it with the point facing my heart. When I feel I could shed some overbearing emotion, I wear it facing away. It gives me a focus when I need it, I'll take it off and rub the marrow with my thumb to give me a tactile distraction in panic attacks or otherwise need calming down. I also use it as a meditation or shamanic journey aid. While staring into the holes in the marrow I can see the universe (or at least that's what it feels like! :D ) it's a great way to get in the right mindset to start a journey. The marrow will also hold oils with a strong smell for a few days, and have hints for weeks after.

Attachment necklaceres.jpg not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292870 by
Kit, your necklace is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292890 by
Hey! Sorry I fell behind on this XD Been soooooo busy with things XD Been trying to re-arrange 4 different rooms after 7 years of living in them one way XD lol

Kit - Awesome necklace!

River - Very pretty ^_^ I love the green beads

Omhu Cuspor - Call me old school :-p I miss the days when Jedi focused more on how the force worked rather than how real we can be XD haha

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi