2020 Jedi Gathering

More
4 years 2 months ago #349877 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic 2020 Jedi Gathering
if y'all want you could my google for a live feed to see if the live feed works,
and yes we could REC it for as a back up because the only Jedi gathering is on film is American Jedi and that was edited

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 2 months ago #349880 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic 2020 Jedi Gathering
Thank You for the Offer... More than likely all speakers and workshops will be asked if they want theirs recorded by Video or Audio. I have complete Podcast lighting, Green Screen, and all that I can bring there.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, FTPC, Rex

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #350622 by Alethea Thompson
I’ve thought it over and I really just don’t know how to sugarcoat the situation.

I’ve been following the Coronavirus story since it broke in China. Many people are of the opinion that our governments are making a hullabaloo over something minor, but that’s not the case. In truth, every measure we are taking is intended to slow the problem down to a crawl. I had to be honest with my son: I’m about 85% sure he’s not going back to school for the rest of the school year. That’s how serious this is. But I am hopeful.

So that brings me to Jedi Gathering. I don’t want to cancel unless we have to. We have until May 11 to cancel and get a full refund on the location. So I’m going to make an official call on May 8th. If you purchase a ticket before that date, you can get a full refund or you can choose to use it towards a 2021 Gathering ticket (which can us get a better location, and I will argue for another Asheville location if we don’t get 2020, I actually have one in mind ^^).

I continue to monitor the situation and will seek a call that is reasonable for the progression this takes here in the US.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, Rex

More
3 years 11 months ago #351285 by Alethea Thompson
Good Morning everyone.

COVID19 really is taking its toll on the world.  As such, it may not come as a surprise to many of you that despite talk of relaxing the social distancing rules, the International Jedi Federation has decided the risk is too great, so we are having to cancel this year’s Jedi Gathering.  We’re actually pretty upset over it, this has been a yearly tradition since 2002.  We aren’t, however, going to let it get us down.  The team has already started looking into getting a better location for 2021.  We actually had our eye on a beautiful location in Eastern NC when we started looking, but were not able to get the down payment together in time to book it, and had to opt for an alternative.  Both this year’s location and the one we have in mind share the same airport (Asheville International).  The location we’d prefer is within 10 miles of the gorgeous Looking Glass Falls in Pisgah Forest, and within 5 miles of Sliding Rock.  But it’s also a large, multi-cabin retreat with 3 water features on the property, and the option to set up a tent near one of them.  So it allows for more privacy than we’ve ever been able to give attendees in the past, and a lot of opportunities for workshops. 

The name of the place has even inspired some of us to consider writing a hilarious rap song that you may or may not get to hear me sing XD.

-Alethea Thompson & IJF Team

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol

More
3 years 11 months ago #351286 by Alethea Thompson
Can't really find an option to do a poll, so I'll just ask here: Who here is interested in Virtual Event in place of a physical event?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neaj Pa Bol, steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 11 months ago #351288 by
Replied by on topic 2020 Jedi Gathering
I'd love for their to be a virtual event!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 11 months ago #351292 by
Replied by on topic 2020 Jedi Gathering
I think that is the case for most communities now, I'd love one. The most popular seems to be using Zoom rooms and using break out rooms.

More
3 years 11 months ago #351293 by Alethea Thompson
Does Zoom have break out rooms? What to do during downtime is something I and another person were trying to figure out. We have another idea, but if I can get everything in one system that would be great.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
3 years 11 months ago #351296 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic 2020 Jedi Gathering
I would go with
google chat or Discord or FB and Maybe even skype over Zoom for calling

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
3 years 11 months ago #351307 by Carlos.Martinez3
* I would sign up for one of there this year seeing as the times they are - I would be willing to be a part. Not just attendance. This may be what we all need -
A medium - half part -

Keep us updated please !!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson