NOTICE: Live Chat service/sermon this Sunday

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41898 by
I will be hosting a service in Chat this Sunday at the following times. The service will consist of the reading of the weekly sermon (with opportunity for discussion) as well as additional content. Hope to see you there!

First service:
11am BST (GMT+1)
3am PST
5am CST
6am EST

Second service:
11pm BST (GMT+1)
3pm PST
5pm CST
6pm EST

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41900 by
Excellent I'm glad this is being taken up! I will try to attend. Just to remind myself, the sermon will also be posted on a blog as well as being done live correct?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 7 months ago #41901 by
Yes, the sermon will be posted on the day after for those that couldn't make the service.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 7 months ago #41904 by ren
let me know how it goes when it comes to chat performance if a good amount of people make it.

Also Mark have you considered making video sermons? we cant make it live (unless someone has a very good upload capacity on their inet connection), but we can host it directly on this site. On top of the regular written ones.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #41906 by Adder
Now Im not stupid but sometimes my brain doesnt want to cooperate. Could you also post the pure GMT time? That way ppl not in the listed zones only have to work out one adjustment instead of two.

EDIT
If my brain is working now it equates to;
  • First service: 10am GMT
    Second service: 10pm GMT

• Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
    Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
    TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
    Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Adder. Reason: adding gmt

• Topic Author
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    12 years 7 months ago #41910 by
    Of course! It gets a bit confusing here during the summer because we run on BST, which is an hour ahead of GMT. People elsewhere usually assume that we're GMT all the time in the UK but that would only be easy!

You're correct: the times in GMT are 10am and 10pm.

• Topic Author
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    12 years 7 months ago #41944 by
    A quick reminder that the first service will start in Chat in just under an hour. Hope to see you there!

• Neaj Pa Bol
    • Master
    • Master
      Registered
    • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
    More
    12 years 6 months ago #42665 by Neaj Pa Bol
    I love this idea, but dang...my work schedule is so screwy that I miss both.... Can we plan additional times for us wierd schedule workers???

Mark Anjuu wrote: I will be hosting a service in Chat this Sunday at the following times. The service will consist of the reading of the weekly sermon (with opportunity for discussion) as well as additional content. Hope to see you there!

First service:
    11am BST (GMT+1)
    3am PST
    5am CST
    6am EST

Second service:
    11pm BST (GMT+1)
    3pm PST
    5pm CST
    6pm EST

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
    Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
    Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Topic Author
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    12 years 6 months ago #42675 by
    Chances are the two times will chance from session to session. They are generally based on what the person holding the service can do. Sunday is usually my family day so I have to work around being with them. But if someone else has different times that they want to use, then that's up to them when they hold a service.

This month's service will be at the times listed above because I can't get out of family commitments at other times in the day.

• Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #42695 by
    So in Britain 11am and 11pm (some people missed it last time (I logged in an hour earlier to be sure :P))
    Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi