Story Share- Service- In Honor of Senan, December 2, 2018 @ 17:00 GMT in AJAX

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329631 by
Couple more thoughts. Steve chose an armoured samurai as his avatar and read and spoke often of samurai in his journal. I suggest at his time of dying he was obviously heavily invested in samurai ideas and I think it would be respectful to remember him in this way, a fallen samurai rather than the victim of some disease. Steve fought, hard, with the grace and composure of a warrior, in line with the teachings and reputation of the great Japanese sword-masters. I feel it right our reflections on his passing acknowledge that, alongside his unwavering Jedi faith (which he only grew in towards the end, by all accounts).

Larger version of his avatar for reflection:

Attachment armored-samurai-nicklas-gustafsson.jpg not found

I encourage his apprentices to speak to the shared emblem you guys created, and anything else relating to Steve's work as a master.

The icon I am using as an avatar was our dojo emblem, signifying Steve, Atticus, Goken and myself, and the message in my signature was a dojo motto he had a part in coming up with - per fraternitate consurgamus – “In brotherhood, we rise together”.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329632 by Rosalyn J
You all will notice, this space has been created in his Honor: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/totjo-remembers-senan

If possible, I'd like to place the avatar there as well

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329633 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329635 by
He made ours as (my current profile picture) as a continuing of the symbol he made with tzb, Atticus, and Goken. He told me that I was now a part of his extended family and came up with the icon. I wear it proudly on one of my custom hoodies (which he loved when I showed him). I plan on getting the symbol tattooed in the near future as a symbol of commitment, love, and memory.

Currently, the one I have as my profile picture has the date our apprenticeship officially started. I do have the standalone symbol in my laptop if you'd like me to provide that file.

Also, another song that we talked about by Flogging Molly (which was one of the things we shared in common) "What's Left of The Flag". Even though the original song is about the singer's lost father, I believe it fits the song list not only because Steve liked it, but because the flag is now to be raised by us.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

More
5 years 4 months ago #329637 by Rosalyn J
Vlad your song has been added. I'm happy to add your emblem to the memorial page if you'd like

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329639 by
I would love that. I'm currently at work but once I get home, I'll reach out and send you the file.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #329690 by
Sorry for the double post, here's the icon Steve made for our apprenticeship. I'm very proud to have this symbol just like I know Atticus and my other brothers are proud of theirs.

Attachment Masterapprenticesymbol_2018-11-27.png not found

Attachments:

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329696 by Rosalyn J
I'll work on putting these up now

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329706 by Rosalyn J
Ok the two emblems I have received permission to add have been added. Tzb-, did you want to add yours as well? If so, can you please attach and image file?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #329707 by thomaswfaulkner

Rosalyn J wrote: Ok the two emblems I have received permission to add have been added. Tzb-, did you want to add yours as well? If so, can you please attach and image file?

Senan made this symbol for me at the beginning of our Apprenticeship as well. I believe I had just finished the lesson where we talked about personal symbols and he mentioned the one that both he and his Master shared, and the one he shared with Vlad...and then he asked me to brainstorm something that he and I could share together. Now at that time, I wasn't able to see my own creativity and I quickly jumped to admitting this to him. We talked about some of the symbols that I found interesting and nothing else was said about it until the next week when he plops into my Apprentice journal and posts this beautiful symbol. It's a simple Thomas purple and Steve's red influenced dharma wheel sitting in front of stalks of bamboo. The Dharma wheel symbolizes the Eightfold Path and the bamboo reminds us to be firm, yet flexible...recognizing the emptiness that we share with the interconnection of everything within existence in the confines of the rigidity of form.

I'll carry this symbol as a token of the love that we shared together, my brother.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by thomaswfaulkner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi