Master Tom, his wife and friends

• Jon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #9671 by Jon
I would like us to remember, pray for, think of Master Tom, his wife and friends who are living through the trauma of a shooting and the loss of friends. MTFBW them during this difficult time.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9674 by Garm
Br. Tom and family shall be in my thoughts and meditations.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9675 by
I hadn't known but i do wish for the best for all involved.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 4 months ago #9683 by Neaj Pa Bol
I too was not aware until this post and Br. Tom, his wife and friends will be in my prayers and thoughts during this difficult time.

I would like to call on the membership to take a moment, how ever you choose to, for a prayer or even a moment of silence in respect for those who lost their lives that were friends to Br. Tom and his wife and the congregation there.

May God Bless them all and May the Force be With Them All, Always and Forever....<br><br>Post edited by: Neaj Pa Bol, at: 2007/12/13 00:35

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9686 by
there are all in my thoughts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9695 by
My condolences.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9698 by
One of the clerks killed at the Von Maur store had worked at the store here in Michigan. My employee's daughter took her spot when she left to go to Nebraska this spring.

There is horror and guilt, and a sense of terrible fate.

It's such a senseless and selfish tragedy...

My condolences as well...so very sad...

- Asta Sophi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9704 by
Master Whiteman PM'd me the day this after this happened assuring me he and his wife were safe. His wife heard the shots, but was safe. Still, keep the families of all those involved in your hearts and thoughts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9706 by
First allow me the priviledge to say thank you all. My wife and I have been certainly living one day at a time and even now a whole week later life seems to crawl at the pace of a snail allowing for constant reflection. I seem to work on autopilot through the day and when I get home Sarah and I tend to just have dinner and go straight to bed. She, who was far more effected than I as they were her friends and mere acquantances to me, is doing better. While she was never in any way physically harmed through the event she certainly is emotionally traumatized and you're prayers are much comfort. The store is covering all counselling expenses and have made counselors available to the store employees and family 24/7 which has been a Godsend. They are also graciously paying all employees wages until the store re-opens. She is attending mandatory group counseling sessions with other employees in preperation for them returning to work next week. we have been utilizing the professional counselors every morning for two hours since the event. and of course earlier this week attended the funerals of the lost.

it took 6 minutes for the police to arrive (which means they arrived 5 minutes after I did) and while that response time is amazing...it seemed like an eternity. I want to thank Br. John for being there for me this last week also. He has been nothing but absolutely wonderful in both advice as well as taking care of most of my duties while Sarah and I are working through each day.

I want all of you to know...I'm still here...but I'm really focussing on my wife at this point.

Also I want to thank Bishops Justice and Finch for their kind words the day after the event as well as encouragement even now.

~Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

Post edited by: Twsoundsoff, at: 2007/12/13 21:07<br><br>Post edited by: Twsoundsoff, at: 2007/12/13 21:37

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9710 by
Br Tom, my thoughts go out to you and your wife after such a horrible tragedy.

The response you have received has shown the effect you have on this temple. You are one of many reasons I decided to choose this path. You insight and knowledge give us all something to aspire to.

May the Force be with you!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi