November 3rd

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8564 by
November 3rd was created by
November 3rd marks my last available day here in this house with my room mates before I can't stay here any longer. The thing is. I have no where else to go. As of this morning my father decided he doesn't want to help me get an apartment anymore (I did not know this until I called my mother with such news of November 3rd about an hour ago). He believes I'm not trying to get a job or anything, but in reality, I'm cutting my hair and dying it brown -- which, if you know me, means a lot. It's the ONE step I wished never to take, but am. Anything will help. I just.. ughhh... don't have anywhere to go at this point and I don't know what I'm going to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8565 by
Replied by on topic Re:November 3rd
I am so sorry to hear that but unfortunately i was almost in same situation if things continued to go south but i found a job. I honestly wish i could do something for you. I know i don't know you but i really wish i could. i wish all the best, May The Force Be With You in your hardest times and guide you in the best of times.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8566 by
Your words and very energy itself is kind enough. I thank you greatly, Anora.
:)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #8573 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:November 3rd
That really sucks Br.Oracle. When I left the Franciscan Order without a place or valid occupation in our society I always found friends to help. One one occassion some Tibetan Buddhist Monks let me sleep in their Gompa (Shrine room) for one month, during which I found an appartment. First I found a job in a bakery then found something better in a drug store and then I got trained as a geriatric nurse. And that was in a foreign country. Slowly, with time, I began to build up my material possessions, possibilities and confidence. I was despite my situation never unemployed, prepared to do any job, and would never have manged this without friends.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 5 months ago #8574 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:November 3rd
You can do it Br.Oracle. And even if I cannot concretely help you, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. MTFBWY Brother.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8646 by
That was an inspiring story, Master. Thank you for sharing.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8648 by
I will keep you in my prayers. Something will happen. Trust in the Living Force and all will be well.

M (Br. John+)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8660 by
i'm sorry to hear that Brother- i'll keep you in my meditations.
they say that a door is never closed without a window opening. trust in the force, things always work out how they need to.
the good news is the unemployment is lower than it's ever been. You are a smart person and will be able to find a job with no problem i think. and then get a place quick.
it's too bad you're not in my neck of the woods. i would give you a job.
MTFBWY :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8667 by
Bro. Oracle I know that you will hear this a million times but I will say it for the million and one time, hang on I am sur there are friends of yours that would not let you go home less.
I was at one time homeless, I had loss my job, my boyfriend walked out on me and I loss my appartment all in one day.
I stayed with a friend untill he decided to move with out me and then i had to go to a homeless shelter, I was so embarrassed that I did not ask for any further help from friends, so i relied on the goverment for my survival, my self preservation mode kicked in and started to make friends with some of the guys at the selter and relised hat I did not want to do this for the rest of my life.
Some of my friends found out and came to my aid, i never knew the power that a support of friends would have ass they help me get back on my feet, the one thing i had was a strong fortitude to not want to get depressed or angry and to take action and faith that this will pass, and it has passed and will pass for you.
I own my own home and have been at the same job for over ten years, this situation is not permanate, I wish I could help you I really do because I know it is scarry when you do not know where you will sleep next or get your next meal.
I hope that your friends will stick by you other wise why be your friend, I shall be with you in spirit.
You can PM me if you want to talk.
here is a favrite line from one of my favrite movie Galaxy Quest
\"Never give up, Never surrender.\"
Commander Taggert

MTFBWY
mojiimoto - Jedi -Padawan

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 5 months ago #8671 by
I know someone who will hire you, nearly on the spot! They are most definately in your neck of the woods. If things are really that desperate, you can join the military! Its not an easy life, even in the Air Force, but its better than being homeless by far. Not to mention, there are some benefits unique to each branch, but some that are shared by all of them. \"You'll get to travel the world, meet new and exiting people, and kill them\" atleast thats what it says on the Marine Corps T-shirt I have. Or you coul \"Aim High\" and drop bombs from afar. \"Accelerate your life\" become a seaman, get lots of tattoos and have a good excuse for foul language,lol. Or become \"Army Strong\" and ... well, they have bases every place you can think of, I guess thats a plus. Anyways, if things are really that bad, that is always an option, until all branches have been ruled out. On another note, just talking about joining in alot of instances, have a good way of motivating parents to give you whatever you need, so that you won't sign up. Hope that helps, if you have any questions, I'll give you the strait poop about military life in general and what you can expect from different branches. I've had atleast some contact with all but the coast guard.

DK

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi